FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   SEN and SEN+ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/516642-sen-sen.html)

prollo Jan 19, 2006 12:52 pm

SEN and SEN+

Hi all,
does someone now the *exactly* differences beetween a SEN and a SEN+ member?
AFAIK the differences are (SEN+)
requalifying every year (not all 2 years)

No print on the tickets or on your profile. Only boarding-people see these differences...

Any other informations?

Rolf

roundtheworld Jan 19, 2006 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by prollo
Hi all,
does someone now the *exactly* differences beetween a SEN and a SEN+ member?
AFAIK the differences are (SEN+)
requalifying every year (not all 2 years)

No print on the tickets or on your profile. Only boarding-people see these differences...

Any other informations?

Rolf

Have seen it, too, andwas always requalifying every year until HON circle cam and nver saw it net to my name, and I always look at the manifest (can't help it am nosey)

tfung Jan 20, 2006 1:20 am

hmm... I've been renewing my senator status every year, and haven't seen SEN+ on my boarding pass.... :confused:

oliver2002 Jan 20, 2006 2:59 am

SEN+ shows up on the little important pax list the FAs get from the purser on regional flights that they use when serving inflight. Some FA greet the *G in cluding SEN, some don't. I guess it depends what feedback they get from the important pax. Most don't care to respond.

On intercont the purser goes around the cabins greeting *G and SENs if she/he has a good day. For this the use a additional sheet that comes with the flight manifest.

totti Jan 20, 2006 4:20 am

This was discussed in an other thread before. But finally they had no conclusion. :)

sfosenkid Sep 6, 2006 3:25 pm

SEN+ vs SEN?

Hi,

on a recent LH flight from Germany to the US, when strolling around the galley in C class during the flight, I noticed a passenger manifest attached to it. I could see on it the normal list of status customers, and under *G, it interestingly listed some people as "SEN" and others as "SEN+". Has anyone seen this before and know what it means? Is there a higher unofficial level of mileage required to be internally labled "SEN+"?

oliver2002 Sep 6, 2006 3:34 pm

we exactly discussed this question a few months ago...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516642

germansoks Sep 6, 2006 4:01 pm

pretty funny

Originally Posted by oliver2002
we exactly discussed this question a few months ago...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516642

pretty funny to see a thread linked to itself! :D

weero Sep 6, 2006 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by roundtheworld
Have seen it, too, andwas always requalifying every year until HON circle cam and nver saw it net to my name..

Maybe, dear RTW, if you put your beautiful notebook on a solid surface instead
of balancing it on one hand, these keyboard issues might go away :D .

On the return from our SYR DO, I wanted to add the missing '--' to upgrade
"SEN weero" to the standard "SEN-- weero" when the pursers dangled a manifest
into my face.
However he did not approve me scribbling on that sheet. At least they provdided
the mandatory SEN-- service for me, even when not having it in writing: seat would
not go flat, FlyNet was dead for two hours into the flight, notebook power
buggered up quite quickly, dessert choice was gone ... so the SEN-- must be on
an alternate manifest as postulated by The Flymaster in the other thread.

Starbucks Sep 7, 2006 1:19 am

Spoke recently to a friend of mine who is purser on LH. According to her SEN+ on the pax manifest means that the specific SEN is closer to the next status level (=HON). Unfortunately she doesnt know how close or how many miles you need to get the mystic "+".

weero Sep 7, 2006 4:12 am

Originally Posted by Starbucks
..According to her SEN+ on the pax manifest means that the specific SEN is closer to the next status level (=HON).

Does that not contradict the experience of The Flymaster who in the past did
try to keep renewal of SEN as low as possible and still got the SEN+?
And I - who a few years ago often came to 210K-270K pro anno - never got close
to a + :eek: .

roundtheworld Sep 7, 2006 8:36 am

Originally Posted by weero
Does that not contradict the experience of The Flymaster who in the past did
try to keep renewal of SEN as low as possible and still got the SEN+?
And I - who a few years ago often came to 210K-270K pro anno - never got close
to a + :eek: .

So my 2 cents...

On one of the flights we actually went through the manifest nd tried to figure it out . The purser had no clue and said they were never briefed on it...

From the Manifest it could mean one of the following (9probably it is a marker)
a) + means flying with companion (to ensure that they are handled together)
b) Special needs / meals

all SEN+ had either a companion or special needs... on that flight ...

In any case it is pure speculation until we actually see the policy for this. In the end it doesn't matter as the FA's don't know what it means..

BTW Qualified HON in a year .. no + next to name

SleepOverGreenland Sep 7, 2006 10:37 am

Originally Posted by roundtheworld
So my 2 cents...

On one of the flights we actually went through the manifest nd tried to figure it out . The purser had no clue and said they were never briefed on it...

From the Manifest it could mean one of the following (9probably it is a marker)
a) + means flying with companion (to ensure that they are handled together)
b) Special needs / meals

all SEN+ had either a companion or special needs... on that flight ...

In any case it is pure speculation until we actually see the policy for this. In the end it doesn't matter as the FA's don't know what it means..

BTW Qualified HON in a year .. no + next to name

If a) is true, then the + sign would appear to HONs to !?!?
If b) is true, then same, as a)

I was recently on a trip with my SEN (wife) and HOC (daughter). I did see the manifest and we were all three listed as first three lines (no + for any of us), then a blank line and then about 10 SENs (I think a few really had + sign), another blank line, then I guess *G and FTL mixed. But not sure here.

As for b) I don't know. But I fully agree, pure speculation. And I guess, there is no written policy behind. Because the PA have no clue. That is a given fact, because everybody serious really doesn't know. And all the other PA/FA just want to be interesting by chatting out loud something.

LHSEN Sep 7, 2006 12:37 pm

You can say that within SEN, there is a slightly higher class of SEN+. SEN+ means these customers are generating a considerable amount of revenue for LH. I have asked someone who works for LH.

roundtheworld Sep 7, 2006 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by LHSEN
You can say that within SEN, there is a slightly higher class of SEN+. SEN+ means these customers are generating a considerable amount of revenue for LH. I have asked someone who works for LH.

So what is considerable revenue ??