Search

Bonus-induced dining frenzy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2007, 11:20 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Cool Bonus-induced dining frenzy

With the days of 5+5+5+5=20 mi/$ (Elite + Elite Bonus + Five Mile Bonus + Rate Your Dine Bonus) drawing to a close (Five Mile Bonus is first to go on 10/31/07), I am curious as to how many of you out there have been in a dining frenzy to rack up those bonuses?

In my case, there is only one nearby restaurant that is in the program. I've been there 5 times since the beginning of the promotions (I started late on 9/12). Admittedly, 1 was takeout and 1 was delivery. I'm thinking I can get my wife to go there at least 4 more times in the next two weeks!

I'm positive there are others here who have gone to far greater lengths to secure their 20 mi/$. Parameters: one restaurant; dines since 8/19 when the RYD Bonus started. Let's hear it!

Last edited by dstan; Oct 17, 2007 at 1:48 pm Reason: remember, one restaurant!
Old Oct 17, 2007, 11:30 am

Programs: AA 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I've lost count

Breakfasts, lunches, dinners - I think we've gone out more in the last month than in the three previous months combined. I know its over fifteen but under twenty five total dines. And, I'm sure that we're nowhere near the leaders.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 11:51 am

Programs: BA, United, Alaska, AA
Since I am United, I have been doing very little with them...no bonuses for a while now.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 1:34 pm

Smile

I did my 4 Delta dining over $25 for the 1000 bonus.

With the American x+x+x+x bonus, I've eaten out more, plus, with the addition of Bennigan's, have bought a $5 lunch and $25 gift card several times.

Tony
Old Oct 17, 2007, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I've been trying to but my AA IDines are extremely slow in posting. I'm loosing heart in this.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 7:58 pm

goin out right now...I am going to seriously start hitting the gym in November !
Old Oct 18, 2007, 4:11 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
I am lucky enough to get to use this for corporate dines personally, so I maxed out earlier with a total of one or two dines... so yes, I have gone crazy to get the bonus, but my crazy was not as difficult as yours!
Old Oct 18, 2007, 6:32 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
This one is fun, but last year was the FRENZY - 25 Delta dines for 25K bonus miles. That was fun! ^
Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:18 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I have a rotation of restaurants locally that I use for lunch, I eat at different iDine restaurants a minimum of three times a week for lunch when I'm home. I am fortunate in that Kansas City seems to have more than its fair share of iDine restaurants for a city its size.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 10:49 am

I just realized that I should *really* be taking advantage of this one, I'm going to be hitting the local restaurants hard over the next couple of weeks. I hope my wallet and my waist will forgive me.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 3:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
I've been hitting a few, but since I've been out of the country, fewer than possible. And wishing they would have had these when I was working for a few days in Redding, CA, when there was a resto offering 10+10, which would have been very nice with the extra 5+5!

Waist not, want not...
Old Nov 1, 2007, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

surveying the damage

Originally Posted by dstan
In my case, there is only one nearby restaurant that is in the program. I've been there 5 times since the beginning of the promotions (I started late on 9/12). Admittedly, 1 was takeout and 1 was delivery. I'm thinking I can get my wife to go there at least 4 more times in the next two weeks!
OK, I outdid myself! Altogether, made it to my local taco joint 11 times, 9 of which were in October. Mrs. dstan and I would rather not see another taco/burrito/enchilada for quite some time, although AA is still giving 15 mi/$ til yearend. Including 3 other dines, I've gained about 10K miles (and 10 lbs) thanks to this promotion! ^
Old Nov 2, 2007, 8:35 am

Programs: AA since 07/03/1985
Keep it up..

I have 180K miles this year & 259K since joining.
Combining Business Travel (Hotels), Business and Personal Dining, and a effort to ONLY eat where we get miles has made one heck of a difference.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 9:52 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
As a diver, I really enjoy diving with sharks - now, with all the bonuses and this Forum, I understand much more about the meaning of "opportunistic predators."

Last night, we had a really, really nice meal in Napa (California) at Bayleaf restaurant on Monticello (near the Silverado Country Club) - Lady JDiver was almost as excited about earning 15 miles (once we rate the dine) and 5 HHonors points per dollar spent, as well as 1,000 Open Table points (bonus for 5:30 PM booking,) equivalent to a $10 rebate.

(We'll be hopefully seeing some sharks in a week's time when we are diving in the Caribbean, so it's time to "make hay while the sun shines" and nail some more iDine rating bonus meals...)

180k miles this year? That's good!
Old Nov 19, 2007, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Nice dine, JDiver!

Mrs. dstan happily picked up the tab for dinner last night at our local taco joint on her way to another 1000 mi new member bonus! ^ Just wish we had more nearby restaurants in the program!

(Lucky you headed to the Caribbean - what island? - we're just taking a long weekend in Key Largo in mid-Dec - her first trip to the Spiegel Grove - have to look up RewardsNetwork restaurants, of course!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.