Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

FlyerTalk scoops the world with news report!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FlyerTalk scoops the world with news report!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2006, 9:37 pm
nfc

Programs: WN AList; Delta Nada; Hilton DIamond; Marriot Gold
I pray that Dovster, BEYFlyer and all the other innocents caught in the middle are able to remain safe throughout this spasm of violence. Let's hope their common experience can help bridge the gap and find lasting peace.

Last edited by ralfkrippner; Jul 17, 2006 at 5:13 am Reason: editing out political viewpoint
Old Jul 16, 2006, 9:42 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Exclamation

If someone can eventually post a link to a recorded version of the radio show in its entirety for those who read this thread but did not have an opportunity to listen to the radio show live, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, in anticipation of the link being provided sometime in the future, I am requesting that comments pertaining to the radio program be kept to a minimum, if possible. If a link is eventually posted, FlyerTalk members and “lurkers” alike can access the radio program first-hand and judge for themselves.

The CommunityBuzz! moderators, with the assistance of the Senior Moderators, are attempting to keep this thread as readable as possible so that the thousands of people that read this thread each day can concentrate on the personal accounts of the escalating conflict as posted by Dovster, BEYFlyer, and other FlyerTalk members reporting from the affected region.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Canarsie
Senior Moderator, on behalf of CommunityBuzz! moderators ralfkrippner, techgirl, Ocn Vw 1k, and chrissxb.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 9:42 pm

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
I think the host really missed out by not explaining the backstory as to how Dov came to be on the program. The real story is BEYFlier and Dovster and their concern for each other as expressed in the pages of this thread on FlyerTalk, and the rest of us being brought into this conflict in a way we never expected.

Dov has always been on my "FTers I'd Most Like To Meet" list, and now Bey is as well.

YES! Dov is explaining it now! Go Dov! Yay FT!
Old Jul 16, 2006, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dov mentions FT and BeyFlyer and the genesis of this thread.

He tell the PLO guy to do his job! Go Dov!
Old Jul 16, 2006, 9:47 pm

Programs: Presidential Airways High Value Target, Catfish Air Flare, Hootch Honors Gold
Oh SNAP!

Three words said more than I could've to all the gov'ts involved.

"DO YOUR JOBS!" Nice Dovster, you and I disagree politically on quite a few things over in OMNI land, but you get serious respect from me for that.

Regards,
-Bouncer-
PS: I'm serious about the DO. I've never been to Monaco though and am po'. Do you think they have a HoJo's?
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA1P/AA/B6
Wow last words of the moderator "hoping that BEYFlyer is safe", the only good words he had. He always asked the PLO guy for an opinion but shoved Dovster in the corner, not a radio show to mark on the calendar.
Great job Dovster they allowed you few comments, but the ones you were allowed were excellent !!! ^
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:08 pm

KTAR news report

Dovster AND BEYFlyer

I wish someone had informed the KTAR interviewer that MOST of the world was tuning in to this station to hear YOUR story's! I must say that I could have logged on to MSNBC or any other news station and read an article about what was broadcasted.
It just goes to show that this FT thread is VERY unique with it's personal updates. The US media/broadcasting did NOT do Dovster and his relationship with BEYFlyer justice. I personally would have LOVED to hear Dovster's inspiring personality, but the interviewer failed to give those of us that have been frequenting this site that gift! Dovster, I wish I could have heard more from you (and less from others)!

sportsgirl
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by MACH81
I thought they wanted to show how the rest of the world looks at this and how to "enemies" are concerned about each other's safety.
That's the purpose of this unique thread on FT.
The purpose of the radio show was to attract an audience and stir up a bit of controversy.
KTAR is trying to boost ratings and not a better understanding of the personal aspect of this conflict.
Bottomline, I give Dov a 9.9 rating for his performance and the PLO dude a 3.1. The only reason I rate the PLO guy so high is that he was able to talk for 10 minutes without drawing a breath.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:15 pm

Wink Shout out from CHICAGO!

Hello everyone! I found this thread via LiveJournal (any other LJ'ers here?) where it was posted by a friend who read the MSN article.

First let me say that I've been enjoying DOV (nice pic w/ the vodka, dude!) and BEY's posts (we need a pic of you!) and wish them both the best, to be safe and all that good stuff. I love the story this community has generated - friendship and love for all men and women, despite politics. I've read the whole thread, this is a truly amazing community.

A little background on me: Myself (American) and my DH, who is from Syria (I've done more for ME peace than GWB will ever do!), have been GLUED to CNN since this whole debacle started. I've traveled extensively in Syria (which means I'm so GLAD I found this FT board!!!) and Lebanon. I feel sick seeing the devastation in Beirut, one of my favorite cities.

And I too have a darling German Shepherd (pic of all of us in my profile), so I hope the doggie that DOV mentioned is okay . . . :-)

Cheers, everyone, stay safe . . .
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by aucarol
All I can say is-----------
Originally Posted by Dovster
As of right now, Israel television is calling it only "War in the North".

If we can get Lebanese television to start calling it "War in the South",
Oh, great! Not only is Dovster wanting to call this the war between the North and the South, but NOW the dam'yankee from Brooklyn is hitting on a sweet young thing from Alabama.

Be safe my friends, north and south.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have 36 minutes of the interview in uncompressed .wav.

I don't have the resources right at hand to deal with audio files in an effective way. Levels need to be set and possibly some minor editing.

I have 375,000 bytes to donate if someone wants to play with it tonight. Otherwise I'll google and download some audio stuff tomorrow.

Good job Dov. I'm listening your "Do your jobs and solve the problem!" ^
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:24 pm

Great job Dov...

I did radio for far too many years and the moderator at the Arizona station is sub-par in my estimation. You were brilliant in your reaction to what was handed to you. My love and admiration goes out to you. What a great site this is. I plan to stay around for the duration (of my life) and only wish all the best to the people involved in flyertalk. May you stay safe and inscrutible in your style and life. This too shall pass, just as you mentioned the French and the Germans.. God bless you and BEY and all involved in this insanity.

Railbird4.... Seatac.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
Has anyone heard anything from BEYFlyer recently? I wonder if he was able to listen in.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:31 pm

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Dov,

Well done, for what you were allowed to say!!! It was great to put a voice to all the threads on FT from the past, and I noticed you haven't lost your Brooklynese accent. Someday I'm looking forward to shaking your hand.

Noticed that the plo guy wouldn't even stop talking even though the commentator kept trying to break him off while saying goodnight to you. He just kept rambling on and on and......! At least you were a gentleman (as usual) and allowed others to speak when requested. It's too bad they didn't return to your comments more often.

Well Done, Dov. Hang in there, be safe, and keep us informed when you can. Hopefully, BEYFlyer and his family is keeping safe, and he will also be able to stay on FT with his timely reports.

And, Dov, get your tail inside when ordered to do so.

bj-21.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by workandski
Has anyone heard anything from BEYFlyer recently? I wonder if he was able to listen in.
He checked out a while ago, saying he was going to sleep, in the mountains where he is. I'm sure he'll be stunned to see the importance the thread has taken when he wakes up!

Once again, stay safe Dov and BEYFlier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.