Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Petition to Save United C & F Service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2008, 3:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Count Your Blessings
Well what do you expect - their chief executive is proving himself to be talentless parasite who has as little real knack for motivating and running a business as much as he does playing the part of a smart talking and dressing corporate actor.

It's all downhill from there.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 3:05 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UNITED959
So while I'd like to see their F and C products "saved," I really don't think they can pull it off given their current situation, so I'm afraid such a petition won't do much of anything.
Well, you can't really "save" something that isn't there . . .
Old Sep 18, 2008, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by ryan182
A petition, while perhaps well intentioned, is about as useful as TP in a broken RCC bathroom stall.
I'd think that TP would be the most useful thing one could find in a bathroom stall, broken or not. People take TP for granted, but when it's not there....
Old Sep 18, 2008, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
The best thing everyone can do to show UA/AA and other carriers is to vote with your wallet.

VERY SIMPLE !!!

I for one, might switch business to CO since they will soon be joing *A.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
In the past, petitions and writing campaigns have been very effective at getting United to change its stances. They backed down on charging for Y TATL meals due to our expressions of dissatisfaction. When United tried to change SWU fare eligibility to higher and more expensive fares, 1Ks made an uproar here on Flyertlak and told United we were disgruntled by the changes. United then agreed to change the fare upgrade eligibility rules back to the old fares, and they even sent 1Ks 2 Sweet Spot certificates(more useful SWUs) that allowed for a one way international upgrade on almost every pbulished fare including S&T fares which are not allowed on SWUs.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 9:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by chitownflyer
think the switch of C meals to BOB flights domestically ex IAD
Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
No, this is still in place... effective October 1.
I think you have your initiatives crossed. The conversion of C meals to BOB has nothing to do with IAD - it affects all 3-class flights. IAD was involved in the aborted elimination of TATL Y meals.

It's important that if you do put together a petition or a letter that all the facts have been checked first.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
Right Forest, wrong tree

I have no issue with the 2 snack plates serves ex HNL (fruit and cheese and cold chicken plate) which are usually passable. At midnight, I appreciate something fairly quick so that 4 hours of sleep can be had.

I don't appreciate the cumulative erosion of the premium product. In the case of Hawaii, the music is gone, the MaiTais are gone, the champaign on boarding is gone, at least the trader meals persist. BOB in C is a disgrace.

Dear United - just TRY. We get $4/gal gas. We don't get not even trying to make up for cost with effort.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 11:26 pm

I 've faxed Chicago my concerns on this issue .
Old Sep 19, 2008, 5:04 am

Programs: UA 2MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG
Hi chitown and all,
Whatever your feedback method, letting UA know how policy changes affect your business can't hurt.

From my experience with UA over the years, having their best fliers voice concern about policy changes has made a difference on a number of issues. I definitely appreciated the "sweet spot" apology some years back
Old Sep 19, 2008, 5:27 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Originally Posted by anaggie
The best thing everyone can do to show UA/AA and other carriers is to vote with your wallet.

VERY SIMPLE !!!

I for one, might switch business to CO since they will soon be joing *A.
^ It's time to shop around. When a product declines like the UA C-F has, it may be wise to give your $$ to a company with a better product.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
I think it's hilarious that currently on the CO board, CO flyers are outraged that they are just NOW getting rid of printed menus on transcons.

Fortunately, transcon service still will receive no additional cuts.

For transcon breakfast, CO offers 3 hot entree choices including pancakes/french toasts, etc in First Class. A hot sandwich, a muffin, a fruit bowl, and a cup of yogurt if offered in coach, free of charge.

For transcon lunch/dinner, CO offers 4 hot entree choices including an appetizer, a full salad course served separately, and a separate dessert course. In coach, a hot pizza/sandwich is offered, free of charge.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum/MM, AAdvantage PlatPro, Hilton HHonors Gold
Its pretty tragic what "First Class" service has become. In essence, it is what coach service was about 10 years ago (or not even)... I was on an OGG-LAX flight about a few weeks ago, and was so disappointed... no appetizer, small salad that was served on a tray with our dessert at the same time (tacky), and they were serving it from a beverage cart (tacky again).
They took away the appetizers, cheese course, and chocolates from PS C so that now its really no different than domestic 2 class F. Its really bizarre to me that i was on an SEA-LAX dinner flight, and I recieved the same amount of food that I would on a 5 hour LAX-OGG or LAX-JFK flight... doesn't make sense... and at a time when fares are higher than ever. Its rediculous, and more than anything sad to see what it has become
Old Sep 19, 2008, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA PLT
What United doesn't seem to understand is that the meal is fun - it's a distraction from the boredom on a long flight, and it's what customers expect! If your best customers expect something, are paying for it, then you need to provide it! I don't believe people expect excellent food anymore, but to throw a cold BOB box at a business class customer is unacceptable!

Write a letter - let them know what your status is - promise to fly the competition if they don't deliver what you expect!
Old Sep 20, 2008, 1:05 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by kenhawk
What United doesn't seem to understand is that the meal is fun - it's a distraction from the boredom on a long flight, and it's what customers expect!
Clearly, UA is out to change those expectations. And for me, the meal isn't "fun" because I expect a hot meal, but because it's any meal. In fact, I'd much rather have an appealing and tasty cold sandwich or salad than a hot meal that looks and tastes like leather mixed with paper-maché, which would only serve to disappoint me rather than being "fun."

That's just my opinion, anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.