Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

SFO-LHR in VS Y...first time flying on VS!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2008, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP

Trip Report to London
Well here’s the first part of my trip to London for training for my new job. Unfortunately I don’t have my digital camera so this trip report won’t be including pictures, but I’ll try my best to allow you to visualize what I’m seeing . This is my first time flying on VS

Day 1: September 6th 2008. Flight VS020 SFO-LHR 1630 Y cabin
I was on my way to the airport after leaving my CPA class this afternoon when I realized I forgot to pack a tie for the one night we had to dress business formal, so after a quick pit stop at a local Macys to pick one up, I was on my merry way to SFO. Upon arrival, I parked in the long-term lot (outdoor space only today…). I arrived at the Virgin Upper Class counter at just about 1330 after the parking shuttle dropped me off at the international terminal. I should note at this point that I am unfortunately flying in economy for this trip. While our normal corporate policy dictates business class international travel, the training department decided to supercede that policy with their own temporary one saying that all the flights for attendants of this training have to be lowest priced, nonrefundable economy. This lands me at the bottom of the fare bucket with virtually no chance at upgrading, short of an op-up. At least I have VS Flying Club Gold status to tide me over on the group and to put first in line for the op-up…

All the upper class podiums were busy and I was 3rd in line, so the gracious VS lobby monitors held off the economy lines and redirected all the upper class passengers (and Flying Gold people entitled to use the upper class line) to available economy podiums. Checkin was a breeze as I was able to get most of the work done online last night (including getting me out of the dreaded middle seat I was assigned to earlier, detailed in this thread).

I’m writing this section from the SFO VS Clubhouse. At the desk, my name was apparently on the list of visitors to expect (presumably because my Gold number was in the reservation). This place is gorgeous. I’m sitting at the “window bar” with a great view of one of the runways. The bar is well-stocked, though not with the ultra-premium spirits I was expecting. Maybe they only save those for the flagship LHR clubhouse. I guess I’ll find out on my flight back. Right now I’m drinking a delicious Bombay Breeze: combination of cranberry juice, Bombay Sapphire gin, and a fresh slice of lime. There’s a two page printed menu at each seat for those who want to get a meal on the ground as well.

The front of the menu says to ask for a copy of the onboard menu so customers can figure out if they want to eat something different on the ground, but when I asked I was told that the clubhouse does not stock menus anymore…looks like somebody needs to update the paperwork here . In the clubhouse menu though, the selection is as follows

Dinner

Lighter Bites (Appetizers)
-Citrus Salad with Asparagus (heart healthy option)
-Soup of the Day
-Baby spinach salad with fresh mango, fried onions, and poppy seed dressing

Bigger Bites
-Flying Club sandwich- a frequent flyer on the menu: grilled mozzarella, pecorino cheese, fresh tomato, and basil panini
-Seasonal curried vegetables with coconut rice (vegetarian)
-Seared flank steak with Cuban-style black beans and spicy tomato vinaigrette

Naughty but nice
-Apricots with Moscato and thyme syrup
-Stovetop apple crisp with sweet cream
-Selection of international cheese with accompaniments

Drinks
Wines: a selection of fine wines are available, please ask a member of the team

Cocktails
-Hornitos Margarita
-Bacardi Punch
-Apple Martini
-Bombay Breeze
-Virgin Kiss

From the clubhouse menu, I tried the spinach salad, Flying Club sandwich, Bombay Breeze, and the Bacardi Punch. I described the Bombay Breeze a little earlier. The Bacardi Punch has a sweet taste reminiscent of cotton candy, but not quite as sickly sweet. The Flying Club sandwich came out very nicely presented on fine china and silverware (all logoed with “VA: The Clubhouse” no less). The filling was a little lacking; the cheese was only in the center of two very large pieces of bread. Tomatoes were fresh and I actually didn’t even take them out (if you know me, you know that I despise tomatoes in my food), so that’s actually saying a lot when I eat them without fuss. The sandwich came with a side of potato chips (tasted like Tim’s Cascade brand to me). I had actually ordered the citrus salad but spinach was what came out and I didn’t want to make a fuss. This salad was surprisingly good; it definitely did not sound very appetizing. The fried onions with the poppy seed vinaigrette turned out to be a very tasty combination.

Now moving onto somewhat more serious matters…At the clubhouse front desk, I tried in vain to get a better seat, but was told the best they could do was an emergency exit row for an additional $110 fee, even charged to a Club Gold member. The flight, as of now at least, is oversold in economy and premium economy. The receptionist could not comment on op-ups, so I guess I’ll get to the gate earlier and try my luck there. Maybe I will score the elusive double-cabin upgrade? I should probably stop drinking booze and start praying for the next couple hours as a last-ditch effort .
I know not to expect much from international carriers in the way of complimentary upgrades (unlike domestic carriers/flights where upgrades can be had for even the lowest level elites), but to be honest I am pretty disappointed that VS won’t even move a top-level elite to an exit row without a substantial charge.

Anyways, that’s all for now…I’ll write some more in-flight and update when I get to my hotel tomorrow.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 4:13 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Can't wait to read the rest of your report, and thanks for your candor!
Old Sep 7, 2008, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Part 2- The actual flight
I left the clubhouse about 30 minutes prior to boarding so I could pick up a couple duty free items and snacks for the flight. After getting to the gate, I inquired again about the possibility of getting an exit row seat and/or an upgrade. Once again I was rebuffed, and this time specifically told that I might have had a better chance had my company not booked such a bottom of the barrel fare . It did not appear that anybody got op-up’ed so I guess they figured out the oversold situations. I preboarded along with the Upper Class pax and sadly made my way back to seat 46H. At each seat was a blanket, pillow, and mini amenity kit (contained socks, toothbrush, and lip balm). After everybody got situated, we pushed back from the gate about 15 minutes ahead of schedule. We waited for about half an hour before being able to take off. After takeoff, the flight attendants came around and distributed headsets for the in-seat entertainment systems.

Shortly after that, a pre-dinner drink service was started. Drinks included the usual wines and spirits, and a variety of colas and juices, with the colas and juice all being Virgin branded. Dinner entrée choices included beef stew with mashed potatoes, chicken with spinach, mushrooms, and rice, and some sort of vegetarian pasta (cheese ravioli I believe). Also on each tray was a small salad with ranch dressing, roll with butter, cheese and crackers, and a piece of cake for dessert. All in all, the meal was quite tasty for being a Y meal (I had the chicken) I was definitely expecting less. Drinks were also offered again with dinner. Coffee service was offered, but overall cleanup took a little longer than expected.

The seatback entertainment system was fully loaded with a plethora of new release movies (Ironman, Sex and The City, 27 Dresses, In Bruges, and Cloverfield all pop into mind right now, but there were 65 films available in total), including foreign films for those so inclined. TV shows were plentiful as well…among the list included choices such as Family Guy, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Sopranos, Entourage, 30 Rock, and My Name is Earl. The games looked interesting but I didn’t feel like checking them out. Had I chosen to not sleep and get some studying done, there was definitely more than enough entertainment to keep me going throughout the entire flight.
The rest of the flight was rather uneventful, with the pilot’s prediction of turbulence over the atlantic not coming true. About an hour and a half before landing we had a small breakfast service. Choices included a Jimmy Dean (prepackaged) egg and cheese bagel or a ham and egg English muffin. I had the bagel and it was so-so; as good as can be expected from a prepackaged breakfast. Closer to landing I started wondering about the FastTrack privilege that VS Gold and Upper Class pax get at LHR. I assumed some sort of pass or invitation was necessary based on my previous experience in other countries. I flagged down the main cabin supervisor and asked her and she confirmed that I did indeed need an invitation. After showing her the Club Gold membership card, she quickly went to the front and grabbed me an invitation.

Upon arrival, I quickly made my way to the FastTrack immigration lane and after a short wait of about 10 minutes (the regular lane looked to be at least 30 minutes) I was cleared through. My bag was already spinning around on the carousel when I got to it. I asked a VS staff member about the location of the Revivals lounge and was quickly pointed in the right direction. After heading upstairs into the lounge, I opted for a very quick shower as I had a driver waiting for me downstairs. The shower facilities were very nice and fully equipped with Cowshed personal care products and fresh towels. I also asked to have my shirt pressed and the housekeeping staff had it ready for me before I even got out of the shower. I should also note that this was my first time using arrival facilities from any airline and I was very impressed with VS’s. After the shower I had a couple minutes to spare so I quickly grabbed an almond croissant and asked for a plastic water bottle for the road. There was a hot buffet, espresso bar, and a variety of pastries and cereals for those opting for a full breakfast.

That’s it for this half of the trip. I may or may not post about the hotel/conference center I’m staying in, but I’m not sure if it will be of use to anybody here since it’s not one of the big chains, nor does it attract the average visitor; it seems to be mainly corporate retreats and the like. Not to mention it’s in the middle of f’ing nowhere in the English countryside. If I don’t end up posting about the hotel, you can look forward to a post on Friday or Saturday about my return trip (included my much anticipated visit to the LHR clubhouse!)
Old Sep 8, 2008, 12:07 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Thank you for your trip report. It certainly beats UA SFO-LHR in Y!
Old Sep 8, 2008, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SK Gold
Great trip report, well written ^
Old Sep 14, 2008, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Return Flight: September 12, 2008 VS019 LHR-SFO 1100

Well after a week of successful training (and excessive drinking) I’m heading back to San Francisco today. I overslept my alarm this morning and had to haul @$$ to make our group’s bus to the airport (hour or so ride). Upon arrival at LHR, I made my way to Terminal 3 and the Upper Class checkin desks. I had already done the pre-checkin information online so all that was needed was to print out my boarding pass. Once again, I was assigned to an aisle seat, but this time in row 51. At the checkin counter I asked about upgrades and was told that a Premium Economy upgrade would be 200 pounds. Not a half-bad rate, but it probably would have been pushed back on my expense report on Monday . However, I did manage to get approval for purchasing an exit row seat if one was available. The checkin clerk told me it would be 50 pounds, but that once I got to the clubhouse the concierge there would try to get me one for free (more on that later). I was told to use the express security line because of VS Gold. I’m glad for the express line as well because the regular line looked to be at least 30 minutes deep.

The express line here works somewhat differently than elite security lines in the USA. I went down a separate hallway which ended with a menacing looking door with a barcode scanner next to me. I had to scan my boarding pass and the door automatically swung upon into yet another hallway. My boarding pass was inspected by somebody and I was told to go on ahead through security. Here’s where the process differs from the USA. In nearly every elite security line I’ve been in in the USA, I’ve just walked down a separate line to the front and merged into another line for a specific lane with the general boarding passengers. In LHR however, VS has its own dedicated security lane at the end of the row of checkpoints. There were four TSA-like agents there waiting for the Upper Class passengers. Screening was a breeze and I didn’t even have to take our my laptop or take off my shoes! However, a little bit up the line there was a separate shoe screening checkpoint (mixed use for premium and general passengers).

The LHR Clubhouse

Right after security was the massive duty free complex. I decided to stop in for some more cigars (picked up some Cubans, we’ll see if they’re confiscated in SFO or not). I wanted to pick up some Scotch but the prices didn’t seem very reasonable, especially with the exchange rate considered. There didn’t really seem to be any alcohol related deals that were much better than ones I could find at home. Also picked up a few knickknacks for my roommate and younger cousins. Signs after duty-free directed me down a separate hallway for the airline lounges. All the lounges in this area are clustered together with one central hallway. I made my way to the VS Clubhouse and was promptly checked in at the front desk. I was right on time for my haircut at the Bumble and Bumble spa/salon inside. The haircut was one of the best I’ve ever had…the stylist definitely knew what she was doing! The process also included a shampoo before the cut and a rinse after the cut, along with complimentary styling. The whole process took just about 20-25 minutes (they say 30 on the website). The lounge really filled up in that half hour I was isolated and it was somewhat difficult to find a good seat close to a power outlet. I finally managed to snag a spot on a very comfortable sofa with a variety of plugs in each armrest separating between seats (US and UK power, and Ethernet cable). There is also complimentary T-Mobile wireless access (user name and password were on the last page of the menu). I should note that all the furnishings are very modern and cool-looking (as to be expected with VS).

While it was still 8.30 in the morning, it seemed like an appropriate time to start drinking (there were plenty of others joining me). My first drink was the peach bellini off of the drink menu. The drink menu here is MUCH more extensive than the SFO clubhouse’s. For one thing, the spirits are all premium brands. There are 16 specialty drinks listed on the menu but the spirit collection on the bar is significant, so anything you desire seems to be possible. I also ordered breakfast consisting of eggs benedict. I had actually never tried it before but always wanted to. It was quite tasty, but I really have no way of comparing it to anything else. I might get something else before I leave, but I’m not sure just yet.

I made my way to the concierge to find out about the exit row. She called somebody (presumably flight control or the gate agent in charge) and asked if they would bump somebody out for me. I was told they would work on it and that they would let me know if anything was figured out (no guarantees). I went back to my seat and caught up on internet, email, etc. I also ordered another specialty drink – The Stoic Virgin. This one consists of “tropical flavours of fresh lime, mango, and ginger with Cointreau, sparkling wine, and Akvinta vodka.” Apparently the vodka is in some form of a pre-release mode and is not widely available. It’s “quintiple filtered and distilled from organic Italian wheat and pure Dalmatian mineral water.” Whatever that means… It was a tasty drink nonetheless; the ginger took some getting used to at first. One thing that did bother me every so slightly about the clubhouse was that, as far as I could see at least, there were no phones available for public use. I had a calling card and wanted to call home but didn’t feel like seeking out a phone somewhere in the terminal. Unfortunately my SIM card died at the start of the trip and I did not have time to purchase a prepaid one. I probably could have asked to use one of the ones behind the desk but it wasn't a big deal either way.

After grabbing a couple small pastries, I went back to the concierge to find out about the status of changing my seat. Luckily a few exit row seats had just become available and she was able to immediately confirm me in an aisle without charging me the 50 pounds. Boarding was going to start in just a few minutes so I packed up my things and headed out for the gates. I was leaving from gate 1 which was something like a 5-6 minute walk (at my fast pace, closer to 10 for most others). I reached the gate just as the announcement for upper class was called and I proceeded directly onto the plane. My new seat was 39H and it ended up perfectly because nobody was in the middle seat, allowing for storage space during the flight for both me and the window seat’s occupant. Maybe it’s just me, but there did not seem to be very many people boarding after I sat down. Maybe because it’s a weekday flight the loads are less?

The pre-flight activities were business as usual. We barely had a wait before we were cleared for takeoff. Once in the air, flight attendants went around passing out headphones and amenity kits. I did notice that the bag for the amenity kits was HUGE this time around when compared to the ones handed out on my inbound flight (still with the same contents). The first drink service was passed out with the same array of liquors and colas available. Now here’s where something surprising took place…the in-flight manager (they’re called pursers, right?) came around to my seat and introduced himself. He said that he noticed that I was a flying club gold member on his flight today and that he wanted to make sure that I enjoyed my time onboard. He also offered to bring me any of the premium drinks from the upper class bar should I so desire! I was feeling a little loopy and tired from the drinks on the ground so I politely declined and said that I might take him up on his offer later.

Next up was meal service. Based on the descriptions mentioned in the announcement, none of the meat dishes sounded particularly appetizing. There was beef cobbler (don’t really know what that is), chicken casserole (just didn’t sound good) and a vegetarian pasta. I decided to take a live a little and try the pasta . It turned out to be surprisingly delicious. The dish consisted of farfelle pasta with spinach, mushrooms and some form of cheese. Unlike most pasta dishes prepared for mass consumption these days, the dish was not drowned in cheese. There was just the right amount for a good flavor. The meal tray also included a roll with butter, cheddar cheese and crackers, pasta salad (didn’t try it), 250ml bottle of water (8.5oz) and a berry mouse for dessert. I was quite pleased with the meal, especially considering I was planning for the worst – aka not eating on the flight and then indulging in purely decadent yet utterly unhealthy American fast-food when I landed in SFO .

My only gripe at this point in the flight was that the cleanup service took too long. I was getting a little tired of staring at my meal’s remains in front of me for half an hour. Also, my tv wasn’t working and I didn’t want to bother the flight attendants while they tried to finish the meal service. Luckily I still had a copy of The Times to get through so I didn’t suffer terribly. I had some movies on my laptop I wanted to watch anyways.

I ended up going to sleep after lunch and woke up at just the right time for a ice cream and coffee service . Everybody was given one of those ice cream bars with the thin chocolate crust and vanilla ice cream inside. Offers were made for a second bar for those interested. I fell asleep yet again (it was a very long night before the flight…) and awoke in time for the afternoon tea. The snack was a honey mustard chicken wrap. It smelled and looked good, but was not particularly tasty. The mustard was overpowering and much too bitter for honey mustard. I only had a couple bites and had to set it down. After the snack, we started getting ready for arrival. For some reason we were delayed about 15 minutes into SFO but I don’t recall hearing an announcement explaining why. Disembarkation was a breeze, with the cabin staff holding back us cattle-class people while the upper class got off before us . There was virtually no line at the area of immigration for US citizens. Two questions later I was on my way to claim my bag.

Luggage took about 10 minutes to make it out, with announcements being made every 2 minutes about the status. My bag was one of the first out. Only then did I notice that the checkin agent in LHR had attached an upper class priority tag to my bag, presumably why it came out so quickly. At customs I got pulled aside for a “random screening” I say it with quotes because I have no doubt it was because of my darker skin color. Don’t take it the wrong way…I’m not angry or bitter, I understand that it’s just a fact of life and I’d probably do the same thing if I were a customs agent. In hindsight, I chuckle now because while the agent searched both my checked bag and my laptop bag, he didn’t even bother to ask or look inside the duty free bag in my hand which contained a box of Cuban cigars (not allowed last I checked). Way to go ICE… Back to the topic though…of course the agent’s attention was piqued after he thumbed through my well-worn passport and noticed visas and entry/exit stamps for Egypt and Pakistan . A few questions later, I was on my way to catch the shuttle to long-term parking. After a short 10 minute ride, I got off the shuttle and managed to find my car. Paid my tab of 93 dollars (I wasn’t sure of the daily rate but I guess its something like 15.50 a day, at least based on my math) and got onto 101 to go home.

Summary/Recap

Overall, I was extremely impressed with my first trip on VS (not to mention this was my first time in international Y in over 10 years…!). While I have never flown one of the domestic carriers across the Atlantic, I doubt that their service is as good as VS’s was. Without a doubt I will turn to VS next time I fly to a location they serve. All of their staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, even when I felt like I was being a pain in the @$$ (think back to when I was in SFO pestering them every few minutes about changing my seat assignment). Also, keep in mind that I also only was flying in Y and I still loved the experience. VS has this funky and hip vibe that I don’t think any of the other guys have. I’d love to get back with them for an Upper Class trip.

Anyways, that’s everything. My trip report writing style is free-form so I write whatever comes into mind so I don’t forget later. It’s inevitable that I forgot some detail that is relevant to somebody out there, so please feel free to ask questions if you need more information. Thanks for bearing with me in this 8 page, 4,195 word count, 18,919 character trip report !
Old Sep 15, 2008, 6:20 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by brosnan6
In hindsight, I chuckle now because while the agent searched both my checked bag and my laptop bag, he didn’t even bother to ask or look inside the duty free bag in my hand which contained a box of Cuban cigars (not allowed last I checked). Way to go ICE…
excellent report! enjoyed the read! ^^

Yes, Cuban cigars (and rum etc. etc.) is not allowed to be brought back to the United States. But you must be more of a cigar connoisseur; as I don't really find anything that much better than a non-Cuban Davidoff Grand Cru No. 4. IMO, the whole Cuban cigar thing is a bit overrated. Though, I did bring back a box of Partagas Minis from ORY duty free back in June.

While on the topic of confiscation at customs in the US; another FlyerTalker (who shall not be named) had $500+ of Cuban Cigars and rum confiscated at CLT customs (they thought they had him on a currency violation, hence the search of his belongings) on his way to meet me in LAS for my birthday in June. The cigars and rum were a birthday surprise.

I agree, that duty free alcohol pricing is not that exciting anymore; though, I do live in NH --- where we have awesome alcohol pricing. I was wondering yesterday if Hennessy XO 750ML could be purchased for less than the $130'ish price (@ our state store) in airport duty free.

Good Luck with the new job; though, I was a bit surprised you went to work for a company that doesn't let you fly First Class (forget about Business ) over the pond.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 7:37 am

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Interesting trip report, Thanks
Old Sep 15, 2008, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Good Luck with the new job; though, I was a bit surprised you went to work for a company that doesn't let you fly First Class (forget about Business ) over the pond.
Oh don't worry, our normal travel policy is business class for international flights. They made an exception this time because it was for training for 50 first-year hires. Business class would have made the training prohibitively expensive (and I probably wouldn't have got to go to London either).
Old Sep 15, 2008, 8:09 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Oh don't worry, our normal travel policy is business class for international flights. They made an exception this time because it was for training for 50 first-year hires. Business class would have made the training prohibitively expensive (and I probably wouldn't have got to go to London either).
hope you realize that I was just being tongue-in-cheek

congrats again!
Old Sep 15, 2008, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Nice report, you made a Y trip sound interesting!

Luckily a few exit row seats had just become available and she was able to immediately confirm me in an aisle without charging me the 50 pounds.
He said that he noticed that I was a flying club gold member on his flight today and that he wanted to make sure that I enjoyed my time onboard. He also offered to bring me any of the premium drinks from the upper class bar should I so desire! I was feeling a little loopy and tired from the drinks on the ground so I politely declined and said that I might take him up on his offer later.
Kudos ^ I think it is dumb that VS Golds get charged for exit rows but nice to see them waive it for you.

That’s it for this half of the trip. I may or may not post about the hotel/conference center I’m staying in, but I’m not sure if it will be of use to anybody here since it’s not one of the big chains, nor does it attract the average visitor; it seems to be mainly corporate retreats and the like. Not to mention it’s in the middle of f’ing nowhere in the English countryside.
You've piqued my interest now since I used to live in that part of the world, where was it? You can send a PM if you want to keep it quiet, or are too embarassed
Old Sep 15, 2008, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fraser

You've piqued my interest now since I used to live in that part of the world, where was it? You can send a PM if you want to keep it quiet, or are too embarassed
I don't mind sharing. I just figured it wouldn't be of interest to anybody. I was in Milton Keynes at the Horwood House Hotel. The facilities were well-furnished and the surrounding area was beautiful and very tranquil, but definitely not what I was expecting when I was told I was being sent to London.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
hope you realize that I was just being tongue-in-cheek

congrats again!
Haha, I did not actually catch that. As my friends and I have learned repeated times, sarcasm does not travel well in online conversations

Thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2008, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I don't mind sharing. I just figured it wouldn't be of interest to anybody. I was in Milton Keynes at the Horwood House Hotel. The facilities were well-furnished and the surrounding area was beautiful and very tranquil, but definitely not what I was expecting when I was told I was being sent to London.
Remember, in the US the UK=London My mother-in-law always asks if we are "going to London to see my parents". They live about 50 miles west of London

I haven't been to it but I do now of Horwood House, an uncle lives about 5 miles from it, and I have other family in Milton Keynes. Did you get to visit Xscape for some indoor skiing?
Old Sep 15, 2008, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fraser
Remember, in the US the UK=London My mother-in-law always asks if we are "going to London to see my parents". They live about 50 miles west of London

I haven't been to it but I do now of Horwood House, an uncle lives about 5 miles from it, and I have other family in Milton Keynes. Did you get to visit Xscape for some indoor skiing?
We did make to Xscape, but only to a couple bars. It was a 43 pound cab ride each way for 13 people (large van and a sedan) from the hotel (expensed to the firm, naturally). Our training kept us going the during the days and the other nights we didn't make it to Milton Keynes, we racked up tabs at the hotel bar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.