Wiki Posts
Search

Unable to change a reservation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Unable to change a reservation

I load one of my reservations in the sas web system it does load, but appears completely dead. Can't get any buttons to work (sit, extra baggage, change flight). I tried two browsers and a clean session. Nothing helps. Is this just me? (this is a Cimber flight)
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
I just checked 5 of my reservations (including a Cimber one) and the seat reservation button worked fine for all of them.

Is your reservation one that SAS has changed somehow?
I have had a few reservations that SAS changed and there the buttons didn't work.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:50 am
Original Poster

I don't recall there being any change. It looked to me more like a browser (JavaScript) bug, because all the buttons were there but they were not clickable -- the entire page was dead. This is why I suspected a site problem. Hopefully does not happen again. In the meantime I lost the need to change the reservation, so not a problem right away.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Are you looking at the same country version of the website as the booking? I recently made a booking via the app LHR-CPH-LHR, and I had to go to "other countries" to change anything. Apparently the app invoices from Luxembourg.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Now I am looking at a similar booking which was just upgraded with plusgrade -- all links on the reservation are dead (and btw. the system also always opens an extra windows called "keep session alive" whenever I access a reservation - anybody else seeing this?)
Old Aug 17, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: EBG (SK*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wazow
Now I am looking at a similar booking which was just upgraded with plusgrade -- all links on the reservation are dead (and btw. the system also always opens an extra windows called "keep session alive" whenever I access a reservation - anybody else seeing this?)
Tried this with several bookings booked on either OTA or different country website. If you take the link from the html code of a "healthy" booking and replace the session id with the session id from the "unhealthy" session (also found in html code), you can paste this into the "unhealthy" session and you'll be able to e.g. Reserve seats, which I assume you are trying to do. Not practical but at least it works.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by wazow
Yes, it has happened to me for the last few weeks when I use my phone (not app) and then I have to close the page that comes up in order to see my reservation.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:01 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I came here looking for an answer for a similar issue.

I booked a SK ticket with a OTA and went to SK site to add my FF#. But I can't (and I'm pretty sure I've done this in the past).

I notice that the sas.se manage my booking loads the booking on the flysas.com site - can this be the issue? Or am I remebering completely wrong and you never was able to add a FF# number at MMB?
Old Aug 20, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by intuition
I came here looking for an answer for a similar issue.

I booked a SK ticket with a OTA and went to SK site to add my FF#. But I can't (and I'm pretty sure I've done this in the past).

I notice that the sas.se manage my booking loads the booking on the flysas.com site - can this be the issue? Or am I remebering completely wrong and you never was able to add a FF# number at MMB?
I had this issue when I adventurously booked with Cheapoair a couple of weeks ago. I didn't find a solution, none of the alternatives (LOT etc.) that have been mentioned seemed to work. Luckily that particular OTA will pass on the number to the airline (I had to prepend EBD in my case for it to work). Otherwise I believe you can do it with the "chat" interface on the website. See this thread.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 3:49 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Yep, you need that chat for that because after all the ........ features in the app, it still doesn't let you manage your FF program.

I've been flying a lot of OS the past few weeks due to a project in the region and it seems SK has completely withdrawn from VIE. Not a major issue seeing how the OS experience, business class and meals are much better. Specifically though the app is really great, you can manage seats at any time (can't on SK), select special meals (can't on SK), managed FF program (can't on SK), rebook flights (can't on SK) and it also intelligently has a feature for recent searches as I credit my flights to EB, I don' have an OS account. Now the OS app does not have unnecessary and useless Sudoku or Maps features but I'm willing to look past that.

Another typical example of SK being behind on things they shouldn't while the competition has long figured out what travellers need and all they have to do is to copy it.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:03 am
Original Poster

I am slightly confused: 1. the post was about the website not the app 2. my bookings are made with sas.dk and 3. the app seems to have an ability to change your FFP at check in time (at least on Android)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.