Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Rocketmiles Discussion Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rocketmiles Discussion Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
has anyone here received points for making a booking in another person's name????

i have to make a reservation for my parents next month & i'm getting a good rate on rocketmiles....will i get the miles if i make & pay for the reservation but my parents stay in the room????
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: IHG RA, MR Plat, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Keyser
has anyone here received points for making a booking in another person's name????

i have to make a reservation for my parents next month & i'm getting a good rate on rocketmiles....will i get the miles if i make & pay for the reservation but my parents stay in the room????
Yes. I have made several bookings for other people. I have received points every time.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by texontour
Yes. I have made several bookings for other people. I have received points every time.
good to know....thanks....
Old Nov 9, 2014, 8:45 pm

My experience with Rocketmiles has been bad and I have not even checked in yet.

I booked a hotel from November 14 to 16.

On the 9th they sent me an E mail that I had called and changed my reservation from the 9th to the 11th!!!!!!!!

I never called. They advised me that I should not do that and deal with them directly.

Thank goodness I have my Confirmation as proof.

But in the meantime the rates are $100 a night more than on my confirmation.

I will never use them again. It's not worth the hassle.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 4:57 pm

Rocketmiles Travel Quiz

Rocketmiles just sent out an email offering 500 bonus miles if you answer the travel quiz questions correctly. Does anyone have the answers?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 6:49 pm

Tell us where each photo was taken and score 500 bonus miles/points on your next Rocketmiles reservation made by December 12.
1. Alcatraz Island
2. Victoria Falls
3. Mount Kilimanjaro
4. Budapest
5. Golden Pavilion, Japan
Old Dec 11, 2014, 2:31 pm

Are there any sites that allow you to get miles for high end hotels?

I am talking about like a $5k stay in Paris next year, and am looking to get as many miles as possible!

Ryan
Old Sep 16, 2015, 9:56 pm

Does the referral bonus stack with the new member bonus offers such as the United MileagePlus one (https://www.rocketmiles.com/mp)? In other words if I sign up through the referral (for the 1k bonus) and then book and complete the stay through the United link (for the 5k bonus) will I get both? The language for the United offer (and similar offers such as Air Berlin, etc.) suggests that the offers cannot be combined: "This promotional offer cannot be combined with any other offers, including a sign-up from referral bonus." Can someone confirm that they were able to get both bonuses OR that they were only able to get one but not both?
Old Feb 26, 2016, 11:31 pm

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by skelly9131
Just noticed Rocket Miles is running a promotion to earn 3k bonus miles for first time users. Anyone know if this is usable along with the referral bonus?

https://www.rocketmiles.com/united-3k-bonus
I could not find an answer to the question above - does anybody know?

I have used rocketmiles before and the miles were credited within a few weeks.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
I am trying to book the ritzcarlton central park for the summer for 4 days but rocketmiles isn't showing the hotel. I can see it on pointshound and kaligo but they don't do Aeroplan!

Anyone have experience with booking the ritz in NYC on rocketmiles? Have u seen hotels added later?
Old Mar 6, 2016, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by corruptcanadian
I am trying to book the ritzcarlton central park for the summer for 4 days but rocketmiles isn't showing the hotel. I can see it on pointshound and kaligo but they don't do Aeroplan!

Anyone have experience with booking the ritz in NYC on rocketmiles? Have u seen hotels added later?
It all depends if Rocketmiles has this hotel in their portfolio, if their number of rooms are sold out, the hotels drop from their list.
You can try Kaligo, for example if there is a specific Hotel you like and show rates in Euros on sale, and then you change the settings to US$
the same Hotel often is not available.May be Rocketmiles does the same, so check it out.
Old May 23, 2017, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

has anyone used rocketmiles to get the amazon gift cards????

i've used them in the past a number of times but have credited the miles to either ua or ey....the miles took under a week to post from the checkout date....

was just curious if anyone had any experience with amazon & how long the gift cards take to reflect in your account????
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: Independent
Any recent experience with these guys? I got an email about a 5000 point bonus for AA. I looked at some hotels on their website - it will give me a benefit of like 8000 points, but every time I click on the hotel it then says sorry the rates have changed and it drops 3000 to 5000 points. but every time I go back to that site, the points are back up. Is this just a scam site?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
That depends on your opinion of Priceline. RocketMiles is owned by Priceline.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by diburning
That depends on your opinion of Priceline. RocketMiles is owned by Priceline.
So anotherwords yes?

Anyway, we will see how this goes. I tried from a different computer, got a whole different selection and points values. Took a couple of tries but I managed to make a booking for tonight. Figured a quick way to an extra 10k miles if it works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.