Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Auckland Cancellations Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2016, 10:09 am

For what it is worth...I spoke to a Qatar agent who said there will be information about whether or not the flight operates in March and April 'within a few days'.
Old May 16, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Rewards Spire Ambassador
Just checked my booking (out on 3 Jan and back a couple of weeks later) and it's bizarrely showing TXL - DOH then DOH - SYD flights, where the DOH to SYD leaves before the TXL - DOH arrives! I'm assuming it's because they're protecting some seats whilst they work through the issues. I must call them (as helpfully suggested higher up the thread) as I really only wanted to go to AKL so I could then backtrack to SYD in any case!

Does anyone know if the change policy described above would treat AKL and SYD as being in the same "region" for these purposes?

Thanks!
Old May 16, 2016, 1:19 pm

Is the delay starting AKL what ABB meant by 'seasonal' when talking about the A380 to SYD?
Old May 16, 2016, 1:28 pm

Does anyone know if the change policy described above would treat AKL and SYD as being in the same "region" for these purposes?
I had booked AKL-DOH-CPT with AA miles and I now see that I'm booked SYD-DOH-CPT. Which is fine because I no longer want to leave from AKL either, although if they'd let me add an initial QF ZQN-SYD, that would be ideal.

So anyway, if they changed AKL to SYD for me (without asking!), hopefully they will do it for you too.
Old May 17, 2016, 5:43 am

Hi together

I was booked on ZRH-DOH-AKL in Economy on 29th December.

I called the QR Hotline twice but each time got the same answer: we can rebook you on to another connecting flight within oneworld (ex. DOH-HKG-AKL with CX or DOH-PER-AKL with QF) but i have to pay the difference to the new fare (which is actually more than the original price)!

Is this correct or do the try to trick me?

Thank you for your help!
Old May 17, 2016, 6:00 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by squad
Hi together

I was booked on ZRH-DOH-AKL in Economy on 29th December.

I called the QR Hotline twice but each time got the same answer: we can rebook you on to another connecting flight within oneworld (ex. DOH-HKG-AKL with CX or DOH-PER-AKL with QF) but i have to pay the difference to the new fare (which is actually more than the original price)!

Is this correct or do the try to trick me?

Thank you for your help!
Hi squad and welcome to the QR Forum on Flyertalk.

In terms of the information provided to you by the QR support team, it will depend on whether you asked the right question in the first place. Did you ask them if their system was showing your flights as Cancelled?

If not, then they were correct in their information, as you are asking to rebook a flight which, on their screens, is showing as operational.

I have seen various reports of QR pro-actively rebooking customers without prompting, so they may be in the middle of that process at the moment and thus you may need to try again next week.

Best,

M
Old May 17, 2016, 6:10 am

squad it is a shame that you are not flying out of the EU. EC261 does not apply to you.

msm2000uk wrote in post 25 of this thread "There has been no annoucement to customers, but I am happy to confirm the generous QR change policy, specific to those who had booked to AKL for travel prior to 6th February:

1) Rebook onto a QR operating flight from/to a different origin/destination within the same country or region or within 500-mile radius and whichever is more flexible for the customer e.g. FRA/MUC/TXL-QR-DOH-HKG-CX-AKL or FRA/MUC/TXL-QR-DOH-SYD/MEL-QF-AKL. Rebooking should be made with a departure date within 14 days of the original and in the lowest available selling class within the same cabin. No difference of fare or taxes to be collected from passenger.

2) Penalties due to rebooking are waived.
Rebook onto an oneworld OAL flight from/to the same origin/destination within 14 days of the original. Rebooking should be made in the lowest available selling class within the same cabin. No difference of fare or taxes to be collected from passenger.

3) Penalties due to a rebooking are waived.
Passenger can receive a full refund of unutilized value. Refund penalties due to a Schedule Change are waived.

Call QR as soon as you can, and if the QR representative advises nothing can be done, put the phone down and call back.

A lot of the Agents are aware of the issues."
Old May 17, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have spoken to the call centre today on 2 occasions and have been told they will charge me the extra route costs if I change the transit points. I originally had LHR-DOH-AKL & return booked and if I change the dates after Feb 6th it will be free but to go via HKG, SYD or MEL will incur extra fare recalculation costs. This is apparently a 'new policy' A full refund was also offered, I do not want this as I have booked hotels, cruises etc which are not refundable.

Does anyone know what my legal rights are? I booked this direct with Qatar in the UK.

Thanks
Old May 17, 2016, 7:07 am

I had a booking through AA, and was automatically rebooked onto SYD-DOH, which was surprising, although I had to supply the AKL-SYD routing.
Old May 17, 2016, 7:08 am

antipest since you are departing from the EU (LHR) you are covered by EC261. You can find it at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_261/2004 or 261%20en.pdf. The former is more readable!

Among other things it states that you can be rerouted on another carrier at no extra cost. But read it through thoroughly before doing anything else.
Old May 17, 2016, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by hastings_p
I had booked via their website for Pisa>Doha>Auckland for 1 Feb and noticed on their iphone app they'd added a Doha>Sydney flight to my booking.

I rang the Qatar call centre today (17 May). They told me that the plane for the Doha>Auckland portion would not be delivered on time. They then explained that up until yesterday they were rerouting customers on other flights for free but the policy as of this morning (17 May) was that customers could have a full refund OR pay for the difference in alternative flights. In my case the cheapest rerouting they could find would more than triple the cost of my booking.

The call centre did say that customers were very angry about this policy change (understandable given it's Boeing/Qatar's screwup) and that to call back in a week in case management change the policy again given all the bad publicity and bad online reviews.

It is going to cost me a lot of money either way as I have booked connecting flights to Pisa and from Auckland with other airlines that are not refundable. This was going to be my first flight with Qatar - it's been a very bad experience so far.
This was just written in another thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...92-eur-22.html).

@ remdk from my point of view the EC261 does also apply to Switzerland (part of the bilateral agreements).
Old May 17, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by remdk
squad it is a shame that you are not flying out of the EU. EC261 does not apply to you.
Squad, the EEA members Iceland, Norway and Switzerland actualy follow the EC regulations, so EC261 in fact do apply to you.
Old May 17, 2016, 8:51 am

EC261 says that they have to get you to your destination so they have to cover the cost of getting there regardless of what connections they use, right?
Old May 17, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by remdk
antipest since you are departing from the EU (LHR) you are covered by EC261. You can find it at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_261/2004 or Attachment 10696. The former is more readable!

Among other things it states that you can be rerouted on another carrier at no extra cost. But read it through thoroughly before doing anything else.
I have again spoken to Qatar and have been told it is now policy to only offer 2 options rebooking after Feb 4th or full refund. I told them about EU261 and they did not care as their 'commercial policy' dictates their operations!!

Can anyone advise me on how to proceed from here as I am up against a brick wall.
Old May 17, 2016, 9:59 am

Sounds like they are very confident then of their new date if they are rebooking people to after the new start date...can you imagine how peeved people will be if they get rebooked to early/mid Feb (or whenever) and it gets further postponed. haha. :/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.