FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Auckland Cancellations Thread
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2016, 7:28 am
squad

Originally Posted by hastings_p
I had booked via their website for Pisa>Doha>Auckland for 1 Feb and noticed on their iphone app they'd added a Doha>Sydney flight to my booking.

I rang the Qatar call centre today (17 May). They told me that the plane for the Doha>Auckland portion would not be delivered on time. They then explained that up until yesterday they were rerouting customers on other flights for free but the policy as of this morning (17 May) was that customers could have a full refund OR pay for the difference in alternative flights. In my case the cheapest rerouting they could find would more than triple the cost of my booking.

The call centre did say that customers were very angry about this policy change (understandable given it's Boeing/Qatar's screwup) and that to call back in a week in case management change the policy again given all the bad publicity and bad online reviews.

It is going to cost me a lot of money either way as I have booked connecting flights to Pisa and from Auckland with other airlines that are not refundable. This was going to be my first flight with Qatar - it's been a very bad experience so far.
This was just written in another thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...92-eur-22.html).

@ remdk from my point of view the EC261 does also apply to Switzerland (part of the bilateral agreements).