Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My first truly retaliatory TSA experience!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2008, 12:03 pm

honeytoes,
based on my past experience with the t.s.a. it will do no good writting and expecting a reply. and i deal with the t.s.a. everyday as a ground security coordinator. my daughter was a cheerleader in high school last year and her group was invited to attend a competition in orlando over spring break. the 13 girls and 3 boys along with 12 parents and school teachers accompanied them on the trip. -i- had checked them all in at our ticket counter and none of them including the parents were selectees. as the girls were going thru the "machine" every single one of the girls were told to enter the "coral" after passing thru and none of them alarmed. being a parent i noticed that most of the screeners were looking at the group as they entered the que and im sure they hoped that they would get into their lane. i went up to a supr and asked him why every girl was selected and he gave me a s#$t grinning smile and said they were random(he did not know at that point my daughter was in the group), at that point i came unglued to the point i asked a l.e.o. and another t.s.a. supr to come over as i could not believe what was going on. the cop rolled his eyes at both suprs and basically called them out as full time pervs and part time screeners. the second tsa supr appologized and said it should have never been done but at that point they were in the "pin" and he was not going to let them go and just deal with it. again no one in the group had alarmed going thru. as the parents,t.s.a. suprs,l.e.o. and i watched. it was borderline at best when it came to the pat down and i could tell that the 2nd supr was even starting to look embarassed in the procedure. never once did he step in to stop the "percieved" groping. 3 parents wrote in and the l.e.o. noted it on his daily report. no one ever contacted the parents from the t.s.a. and i knew that they would not be getting a reply but im convinced that the t.s.a. has a large group of perverts that work out of a certain airport on the west coast.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 12:04 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by DaDaDan
You should file sexual assault charges against her. If convicted, she would probably have to register as a sex offender for the rest of her life...
A nice, long prison sentence would be appropriate as well for someone who chose to go above and beyond the disgusting, un-American harassment that the job they chose to do calls for.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by Spiff
A nice, long prison sentence would be appropriate as well for someone who chose to go above and beyond the disgusting, un-American harassment that the job they chose to do calls for.
What? No deportation to North Korea?
Old Mar 7, 2008, 12:10 pm

Programs: Former UA 1P
Originally Posted by mikeef
No one hear would disagree with you. None of us understands, either.

The party line seems to be, "an expired ID is no longer an official government ID, and we require an official ID." The fact that it has nothing to do with security is irrelevant. There are a set of rules, and you need to follow them.

It's a tad-bit conspiracy-theory-ish, but IMO TSA's intolerance for expired IDs derives from the government's deep-seated mentality that traveling by air is a privilege to be granted or denied by the government.

Take drivers licenses (DLs) for example, which are a privilege. The logical, historical, real reason for an expiration date on your DL (prior to post-9/11 hysteria, RealID mess, etc.) is that there is a substantial chance an individual may develop a vision or other physical impairment that prevents them from driving safely. Forcing people to show up every few years and prove that they aren't blind (and at least appear physically able or agree to use mobility-aids as needed) makes sense. Some states handle this differently than others, but it's the basic idea. (i.e., I think AZ licenses first expire when you turn 65, so I guess they think you're likely OK until then.)

Or take military dependent IDs as another example. The privileges granted by that ID are not necessarily indefinite (e.g., when I turned 23 I lost my dependent's privileges and ID), so it makes sense that these IDs expire.

On the other hand, a native-born citizen's right to work in the USA needs no expiration, and all that is required to get a (legal) job is a birth cert and a social security card, neither of which expire. (again, think prior to post-9/11 hysteria.)

Indefinite-expiration IDs would essentially take away the option of the feds/TSA to outright take away your ability to travel by air in the future. I personally think they want to reserve this capability and that they are in fact very interested in using this capability in the future. When you re-apply for your ID every few years, they can run a background check, credit check, watchlist check, etc., and determine if you are "worthy" of the "privilege" of unrestricted domestic travel. As the population gets more used to ID checks at various places, they can grant and deny more "privileges" based on these IDs, and even institute multi-tiered IDs. (e.g., OK to work, OK Amtrak, but no-fly)
Old Mar 7, 2008, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Superguy
What? No deportation to North Korea?
Ya know, a long stretch for a known TSA employee in the pokey might actually be worse than a one-way trip to Pyongyang... @:-)
Old Mar 7, 2008, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by mia
How is not liking the agent's "demeanor" different from an agent not liking the manner in which you removed documents from her hand, refused to answer questions, etc? Why are you applying a different standard to the TSA than you expect them to apply to you?
Because there's a power differential.

The TSA employee can harass and it seems sexually assault a 'difficult' passenger, but the passenger has no such recourse or any other credible recourse against a 'difficult' TSA employee. @:-)

If the passenger could take the 'difficult' employee out into the parking lot for a little 'customer service retraining/attitude adjustment', then you might have a valid point.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Iworkhere
This is like saying you'll never eat a xyz restaurant, because of poor service, no matter if it's three states away. You go to eat at xyz with some friends because they want too, and you simply bristle and growl at the waiters because these must be the same dicks who screwed you over in that other state.
Well, if the Communist Party took over every restaurant in the country and its busboys and busgals treated all the customers to un-American harassment everytime a customer came in for a meal, then I'd say those employees are lucky if all they get is bristled and growled at.

Food for thought. @:-)
Old Mar 7, 2008, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Because there's a power differential.

The TSA employee can harass and it seems sexually assault a 'difficult' passenger, but the passenger has no such recourse or any other credible recourse against a 'difficult' TSA employee. @:-)

If the passenger could take the 'difficult' employee out into the parking lot for a little 'customer service retraining/attitude adjustment', then you might have a valid point.
True. Remember the woman that grabbed a female TSO's boobs during secondary and said "So how do you like it when it's done to you?" I believe she was convicted, though I can't remember the sentence.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ya know, a long stretch for a known TSA employee in the pokey might actually be worse than a one-way trip to Pyongyang... @:-)
What about a one way trip to FNJ for a long stretch in the pokey?
Old Mar 7, 2008, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by dd992emo
Sorry if you let yourself be offended. I don't know what your paygrade is, but looking at the TSA scale I can see there are tons of jobs available that pay similarly and don't require advanced training. My point was why would you subject yourself to the nosebleed when you can make similar money elsewhere? Now, if you enjoy the nosebleed, that's a different discussion.
Can you give me some links, I could fill out a few applications today.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 1:42 pm

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
Originally Posted by knotyeagle
Also make mention of this fact when sending your letter to the PHL Airport director. Remember to say there are other airports you can use.
Especially Philadelphia with its easy rail connections to both BWI and EWR airport! (Not that those are any better, TSA-wise )
Old Mar 7, 2008, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Superguy
What about a one way trip to FNJ for a long stretch in the pokey?
That would do nicely. Having to spend the flight locked in an overflowing lav would be a plus.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Originally Posted by Iworkhere
Can you give me some links, I could fill out a few applications today.
http://www.hotdogonastick.com/ Cool hats!

http://www.hooters.com/ May be some stringent requirements.

But there is always....

http://wwww.monster.com
Old Mar 7, 2008, 2:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

They sure don't make it easy to track down the guy. I just spent ~45 minutes on the phone trying to find someone at the TSA or the airport who would give me any information about the FSD for PHL. A bit of perserverence pays off, it would seem...

According to his "call screener" the FSD is
Robert L. Ellis, Jr.
2 International Plaza
Philadelphia, PA 19113
I also got her name and phone number and will PM it to the OP so that she can attempt to get additional contact information directly. Even though the OP has the FSD's name and number already (from an earlier post ~10am today), this additional contact point might help.

They sure are suspicious of someone calling and asking for that information, which is surprising considering that they seem to have press releases half the time a new one is appointed. Go figure

S.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 2:53 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
Next time (I hope there isn't one) while they are feeling you just fart.
Would be priceless.

Ciao,
FH
I will not admit if I could do that on queue.

Not being a US citizen I would not raise any fuss. I love your country and would not want to risk being tagged as a threat.

Yet if I was a US male could I announce loudly "I am Gay" and whilst pointing to the biggest and meanest looking male TSO say " I want that gay guy to do it".

Secret message:

Mod please delete if this is politically incorrect for you in USA only I have some good friends who are gay and I know some of the s**t they have to endure but they would find this funny

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.