Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

List of Airport Alternatives without Full Body Scanners

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List of Airport Alternatives without Full Body Scanners

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2011, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by beauvoir
What about Sanford International Airport (SFB) in Orlando? Does it have the scanners? I saw it was the airport that opted out of using TSA at all.
They were opting out of having TSA screen passengers, not opting out of all security.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:47 pm

Programs: Frontier EarlyReturns
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
They were opting out of having TSA screen passengers, not opting out of all security.
I didn't say they were opting out of all security.

SFB should be added to the list for Orlando. I saw elsewhere that they do not have the scanners. SFB mostly does international flights, but Allegiant Airlines flies out of there domestically.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Doesn't get you too far, but Seaport Air (M5) has flights BFI-PDX and others which require no security screening.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:56 am

Programs: DL Gold
Only two checkpoints at MSP have body scanners: the big one in the middle of the ticketing area, and the skyway checkpoint. The others don't.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:31 pm

Programs: I miss US Airways
Saw this thread from the sticky and wanted to point out that CSG is also an alternative to ATL, DL and AA service. Can be done in 2 hrs. Also ATL-AGS drive is more like 3 hours.

Sorry to bring this from the grave but wanted to point that out!
Old Apr 16, 2011, 10:39 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by GaryO3
According to one of the 3-stripers that I've come to somewhat know they are not real happy about having them. They may be trying to drag their feet a little bit before they start using them.

On the negative side, several of the screeners there yesterday were much more surly that I've ever encountered at SRQ
SRQ has started using these things with a vengeance... avoid at all costs
Old Apr 17, 2011, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak S+, HH GLD, AA 1MM, SPG, UA, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by sbbutler93
Saw this thread from the sticky and wanted to point out that CSG is also an alternative to ATL, DL and AA service. Can be done in 2 hrs. Also ATL-AGS drive is more like 3 hours.

Sorry to bring this from the grave but wanted to point that out!
No problem and thanks for the post. I've updated the list, but I'm discontinuing updates after today. I've edited the first post to indicate that it should be used for historic, rather than operational, purposes.

Hopefully the current airport security madness will end up as an unpleasant memory and case study of how the screening process went awry. 'Til then, I'll see you on the Amtrak board; I've rediscovered the ease and onboard productivity of rail!
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:31 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by gatelouse
Hopefully the current airport security madness will end up as an unpleasant memory and case study of how the screening process went awry. 'Til then, I'll see you on the Amtrak board; I've rediscovered the ease and onboard productivity of rail!
Appreciate the time you spent on this thread, gatelouse. Many members benefited from your effort and will continue to do so for quite a while.

I guess instead of wishing you my usual 'Happy Contrails!' it's now just "Happy Rails!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.