Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSO "rubbing" my back!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2010, 10:59 am

More disgusting behavior from the TSA... it's not even surprising anymore.

While I wouldn't have the physical reaction that some might (which I understand and would expect an elbow from Ms. Scatter), I would certainly be shocked and would tense/jerk my lower back. Having a horrible lower back problem, this would cause severe and lasting pain.

Touching without prior notification and consent is assault. As it would cause injury in my case, it is also battery. I would insist that an LEO arrest the offending person and call me an ambulance. I'd let my lawyer handle the knee-to-the-groin stuff.

TSO's: Any of you care to try and defend/justify this process? Are you OK touching people without cause or permission?

Last edited by ScatterX; Oct 1, 2010 at 11:31 am Reason: Added question at end
Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by LAXguy1748
Not at all, just a realist who doesn't go through a checkpoint looking for problems like some others on here apparently do.
How is being assaulted by a screening clerk "looking for trouble"?
Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:31 am

So any word of a smurf getting decked yet? With this BS it's only a matter of time (days I'd bet) before it happens.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
We can hope.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 1:55 pm

If TSOs are sneaking up or approaching from behind to do this new pat down, even if they give verbal warning, that does not account for any Deaf or HoH PAX. Imagine if your ears did not work and a TSO behind you said, "I'm going to pat down your back" and all you felt were someone's hands running down your body from behind!
Old Oct 1, 2010, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by OSUbacksplatter
If TSOs are sneaking up or approaching from behind to do this new pat down, even if they give verbal warning, that does not account for any Deaf or HoH PAX. Imagine if your ears did not work and a TSO behind you said, "I'm going to pat down your back" and all you felt were someone's hands running down your body from behind!
That's a great point.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL, US Air, AA, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by OSUbacksplatter
Not only that, but we all know how loud these checkpoints can be. If someone is directing a comment at your back, there is a good chance you might not hear it (or not think it was directed towards you), even if you are not hard of hearing.

Unless a TSO agent is standing in front of me and looking me in the eyes to tell me they have to pat my back, then they have not given me sufficient warning that they are about to touch me.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 4:16 pm

Programs: Delta-Million miler
Foreign military TSO

We are lucky to be just patted. In some countries (e.g. India) military police are the security people. They don't make any eye contact, don't smile, put GROPE! You don't dare to complain as they are very liberal about hitting people.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 4:20 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Gynob001
We are lucky to be just patted. In some countries (e.g. India) military police are the security people. They don't make any eye contact, don't smile, put GROPE! You don't dare to complain as they are very liberal about hitting people.
There's nothing "lucky" about living in a free society and being violated by people who have forgotten the principles upon which we live vis-a-vis other countries.

You might as well tell us how lucky we are to be able to breathe here on Earth since Mars' atmosphere is like car exhaust.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 4:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Really? What airport(s) have you experienced this at and when?
Old Oct 1, 2010, 5:54 pm

I have had nothing but polite, professional and respectful treatment in India at airports and elsewhere from the military and in airports.

The same is not true for my experiences with TSA.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 6:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by exbayern
I have had nothing but polite, professional and respectful treatment in India at airports and elsewhere from the military and in airports.

The same is not true for my experiences with TSA.
My experience too, and quite recently, hence my response to Gynob001.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 6:31 pm

Programs: Delta-Million miler
I respect but

I respect your statements but my experience had been different in
Mumbai and Chennai airports. About 2 years back, I asked the security man in Chennai whether I needed to take my laptop out (as I find that in some places, you don't have to) and he went on a tirade of abuses in Hindi, only a little bit of which I understood!
In the same airport, the lady in front of me mentioned something about the security man looked "hasseled" and moved on beyond the security check point. The poor me, next in line was the brunt of attack from a bunch of security men, who didn't even realize that it wasn't me and the offending person was already cleared!
Old Oct 1, 2010, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by ScatterX
More disgusting behavior from the TSA... it's not even surprising anymore.

While I wouldn't have the physical reaction that some might (which I understand and would expect an elbow from Ms. Scatter), I would certainly be shocked and would tense/jerk my lower back. Having a horrible lower back problem, this would cause severe and lasting pain.

Touching without prior notification and consent is assault. As it would cause injury in my case, it is also battery. I would insist that an LEO arrest the offending person and call me an ambulance. I'd let my lawyer handle the knee-to-the-groin stuff.

TSO's: Any of you care to try and defend/justify this process? Are you OK touching people without cause or permission?
Crickets go *crick crick crick*

Old Oct 1, 2010, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PhoenixRev
So, under your theory, if I walk into a checkpoint, a TSO can randomly grab my chest, groin and buttocks without any notification or consent?

Please do try that someday so that case law can be established putting the TSA goons in check.
Check? You think too small.

Introduce these goons to the concept of "lateral transfer to prison b1tch".

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
We can hope.
I can hope that the smurf ends up eating through a straw from a jail cell.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 2, 2010 at 5:50 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.