Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mexicana Frecuenta to become Mexicana Go.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2008, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Mexicana Frecuenta to become Mexicana Go.

Mexicana's website says that its FF program will change from Mexicana Frecuenta to Mexicana GO. This will take place in March 2009. All Frecuenta Miles will become GO points at that time. Current Frecuenta members can pre-enroll to the new program at Mexicana.com. The strange thing is that the change is only mentioned on its Spanish language site. The English site states nothing about this change, or the pre-enrollment option.

This must be part of the plan for Mexicana to join OW in 2009. One will also be able earn Mexicana Go points through Emiles, Erewards and Points.com

Has anyone else heard about this?

Update: Mexicana will have all the information about the Mexicana GO in English on its website on December 10.

Last edited by Open Jaw; Dec 2, 2008 at 5:34 pm
Old May 28, 2009, 5:14 am
iwc

Any update when the English language web site will be available to convert from Frequenta to Mexicana Go.
Old May 28, 2009, 9:42 am
Original Poster

All miles were transfered to MexicanaGo from Frequenta in March 2009.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 4:30 pm
iwc

Originally Posted by Open Jaw
All miles were transfered to MexicanaGo from Frequenta in March 2009.
This is why I am confused. My Frequenta miles are still sitting in my Frequenta account. When I tried to request an award on JAL I was told that Frequenta has no partners. That is when I learned of the new Mexicana Go program. Since I never received notice of the program termination nor picked up on the change on Flyertalk. I have also now learned that my miles will convert at 50% not 1 to 1. When I questioned the service center she referred me to Mexicana Go website however went on to say English lanugage site will be available soon. Seems they were telling the same to people back in December.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iwc
This is why I am confused. My Frequenta miles are still sitting in my Frequenta account. When I tried to request an award on JAL I was told that Frequenta has no partners. That is when I learned of the new Mexicana Go program. Since I never received notice of the program termination nor picked up on the change on Flyertalk. I have also now learned that my miles will convert at 50% not 1 to 1. When I questioned the service center she referred me to Mexicana Go website however went on to say English lanugage site will be available soon. Seems they were telling the same to people back in December.
Mexicana has a big problem with its CS. They do not know what they are doing. Just today I received an Email from Mexicana offering me bonus points to transfer my Frecuenta miles to MexicanaGo points. I transfered these miles to MexicanaGo last December through Mexicana website in Spanish.

If I were you, I would try to tranfer your miles to points soon. Try to find someone who speaks Spanish to help you do the transfer online or keep calling their service center and explain to them your plans. Once the transfer is complete you will be able to use the points for your trip.

Good Luck
Old Jun 19, 2009, 9:20 am

Programs: Mexicana, Aeromexico, AA, Continental, Fiesta Americana, Mayan Palace, Priority Club
As mentioned in another thread, several weeks after the change I still am fighting with CS to get access to my Go account, after an automatic move from Frecuenta.

By the way, online chat service for Frecuenta and Go (they seem to use the same service) simply stinks. After about a dozen sessions, I timed their response times, and they take about half an hour to "take the call", and then another 10-15 minutes to start the chat. Also, the first three times I asked about my "lost" miles I got completely wrong and misleading answers.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 5:26 am
iwc

Originally Posted by iwc
Any update when the English language web site will be available to convert from Frequenta to Mexicana Go.
Last night I finally got the english language email announcing Mexicana Go with a link to the English language web site.

They are offering 1 to 1 conversion from Frequenta until September 30.^
Old Aug 6, 2009, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

I noticed the English option at MexicanaGO's website two days ago when I checked my point total. I just hope that Mexicana will be able to translate all the information correctly. Sometimes the English page does not have all the same information.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 3:01 pm

I transferred my Frecuenta miles to GoMexicana points at a 1:1 rate, but for some reason my wife's account is only getting 2:1.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mejulian
I transferred my Frecuenta miles to GoMexicana points at a 1:1 rate, but for some reason my wife's account is only getting 2:1.
That's horrible!

Welcome to Flyer Talk!
Old Aug 20, 2009, 3:01 am
iwc

Does anyone know if, once you convert your points from Frequenta to Mexicanago, the account number stays the same or will a new account number be issued?
Old Aug 20, 2009, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iwc
Does anyone know if, once you convert your points from Frequenta to Mexicanago, the account number stays the same or will a new account number be issued?
The account number stays the same. Moreover, you will be able to print out a new MEXICANAGO card at the MexicanaGO link at Mexicana.com.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by iwc
Last night I finally got the english language email announcing Mexicana Go with a link to the English language web site.

They are offering 1 to 1 conversion from Frequenta until September 30.^
Hi IWC, can I get a copy of that letter you have that mentions until September 30? I am getting shafted right now trying to transfer my points to GO. My email is [personal email address removed for poster's protection. Please PM him for the email address]

Much appreciated.

Last edited by cblaisd; Sep 20, 2009 at 8:34 pm
Old Sep 20, 2009, 8:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Exclamation Transfer Frecuenta miles to MexicanaGO NOW!

dmsaville, it'd be a good idea IMO to delete your e-mail address here - let folks PM you.

In the meantime, from Mexicana's website (link)

"MexicanaGO
Introducing MexicanaGO, Grupo Mexicanas New Loyalty Program.

MexicanaGO enables you to redeem your GO Points for any available seat on Mexicana Airlines, MexicanaClick and MexicanaLink, whenever you want.

Enjoy all of the following benefits:

* Accrue GO Points in every flight with Mexicana Airlines and our other 14 airline alliances.
* Accrue GO Points by using our GO Partners’ services such as hotels, rental cars, and financial services.
* Easily manage your Membership online.
* Coming soon, gift, share or trasfer GO Points whenever you decide to.
* Enjoy premium class services with oneworld, the world’s best airline alliance. (Joining at the end of 2009).

Join MexicanaGO now

And if you are a Frecuenta Member*, as a limited-time special promotion – valid until September 30th, 2009 – we will match and exceed the benefits of your Current Frecuenta Level and we will transfer your Frecuenta Miles to MexicanaGO Points with a one to one exchange rate (1 Frecuenta Mile = 1 MexicanaGO Point).
The non-promotional rate after this period is two to one (2 Frecuenta Miles = 1 MexicanaGO Point).

This promotion only applies in the first transfer. "

(My emphases.) Time flies. (Tiempo moscas? ) Ya lo s - es chiste.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 12:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat Silver, Distancia, MexicanaGO, One Pass, Caribbean Airlines, SkyM, Marriott Plat,
Unhappy Mexicana GO

I just transfered from Frecuenta to GO and got 2:1, but what happens to the status? I was about to go back again to Executive Status, now I think I am stuck at just the first level in GO. Any ideas how to claim the status?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.