Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flydubai

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2015, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Michael Myshu
Hi,

have a question about the extra legroom seats on the Flydubay 737 800 Cat2.
There is a choice of row 6 and the exit rows.
Both are 30usd.

Is the 6 row real big extra legroom? Its just behind the business, but still, i guess the exit seat is better, isnt it?

Thanks for your help
MM
Absolutely no question. The exit row is the only way to make flyDubai bearable for anything longer than an hour.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 1:22 pm

Row 6 has lots of legroom. If you wanted to stretch out your legs and sleep I suppose the exit row would be better because you could slide your feet under the seat in front, while row 6 has a bulkhead. But for a short flight row 6 is fine.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
I like flydubai, although it usually leaves from a different terminal and takes quite a bit of transit in DXB if you are connecting. Thus plan on at least 2 -3 hours for international connections even with interline agreements. I have flown them maybe 10x's now and the planes are nice and crew is fine. They haven't been late or cancelled or had much that has gone wrong really.

The carry on stuff hasn't been an issue for me with enforcement. They are better than air arabia which is cheaper but is impossible to get ticketed almost online or over the phone you have to literally go and pay in person at their office. So fly dubai is a good option for it flies into DXB and not sharjah like air arabia.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: EK Platinum
I am a FF of Flydubai. Every week twice I am on their planes. If they would have a FF programm I would properly be by now IO member :-). But they haven't. And that i really disturbing.

Let me give a short feedback regarding their service:

+ Flydubai has mostly new aircrafts (5 years and younger)
+ The C class seats are very nice for a 3 hour flight. The recline is great and the seat is spacious. The leg support of the seat is suboptimal, but you have enough space to stretch your legs
+ Food and selection in C class is awesome and the same quality like EK C class food
+ Large TV screen in C class which is nice to watch movies

Y class:

In Y Class, take row 6 or Emergency exit if you love your legs.
+ Flydubai tends to have less food on board (to be purchased if you fly in Y class)
+ On the return flight make sure you sit in row 6. If you sit in the Emergency exit row, you might have no luck to buy any food once they make it to your row as all is already sold out. This happened to be more than at least 20 times.
+ The person screens on the aircraft are good (sometimes to use them is hard as people mistreat those touchscreens).
+ Make sure to put your credit card not in your overhead luggage as you need it to pay for the entertainment package (around 10 USD) if you want to watch movies. The selection of movies and TV shows is really good and there are up to date.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:40 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Quick update on folks curious about FlyDubai:
Great fares out of Middle East to most of the FlyDubai network as part of Summer 2016 promotion. Y Class as low as USD 300-350 return to destinations like Istanbul, Bratislava, Zagreb, Skopje, Belgrade etc.
J class fares from USD 1,100 RT on similar routes...
Occasional emails from the Business Class upgrade team offering options to upgrade (T-48h) for USD 150 and above (no bid system, fixed price upgrades)
New business class lounge at Terminal 2 Dubai exclusive for FlyDubai J class only now - F&B options similar to EK J class given its EK flight catering. Now serving champagne too (Moet) during Ramadan in the lounge! (not too bad given the state of affairs in Doha during Ramadan)
Overall a good choice of carrier for weekend RT / holidays to Central / East European destinations from Middle East.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 5:19 am

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Does FlyDubai has frequent flyer program? Any other benefits besides just cheap fare?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 3:58 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
None that i'm aware of - wish they'd start considering EK status passengers given their partnership & ownership structure or at least open up a loyalty program / credit card bonus scheme...
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Any recent or up to date feedback?

Namely;-

* do most of their aircraft now have wifi?
* what, if any, upgrade options are there? Online? At the airport?

thanks
Old May 4, 2018, 10:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Hello,

Hoping for some insight on FlyDubai credits and business class upgrades. I previously had a roundtrip DXB-ZNZ, but no longer needed the return. So, I figured that I would cancel the return, and put the voucher credit towards a business class upgrade on the outbound. When I cancelled the return, I called FlyDubai reservations as I noticed I was being charged more than the change fee. He explained that I was seeing the additional charges because I was also being charged a difference in fare. Fine.

Before I had cancelled, I noticed the business class upgrade fee was AED 1140. After I cancelled my return, the upgrade fee on the outbound jumped up to AED 2200! I had assumed they had standard segment upgrade fees. Is there any way that I can use my credit towards an upgrade, perhaps at check in? Thanks.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 1:00 pm

Are the cabins being refurbished in the 738s? Some seem to have no PTVs and the ones with PTVs now have free wireless streaming - will there be any streamlining done here? Also, anyone think there's any chance to add any free entertainment to the maxes (like the 738s)?
Old Dec 18, 2022, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2mm; UA 1k;
Stay away from fly Dubai business class

I had a terrible experience. I purchased a pretty expensive business class ticket because i had to work 16 hours straight before traveling HYD-dxb-Sof. My first flight I was told aircraft was swapped at last moment and the plane has only economy seating “but I promise you there will still be lie flat for dxb to sofia”. But arriving at the gate in Dubai my seat is changed and dxb-sofia has the pretty poor recliner seats. 2 out of 2 aircraft substitutions is pretty unacceptable. Even a full refund wouldn’t make me happy because I can’t get the night of sleep back.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 3:21 am

Flydubai CMB to MLE no flights late May

Looking at flights from CMB to MLE in June and I noticed that Flydubai does not have any flights from mid May to mid June. Anybody have any idea why?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.