Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Help! TAP Portugal won't recognize my UA *G status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2017, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist

I just recently (in Nov.) hit Gold with UA. I'm flying on a couple inter-europe flights with TP in the next week, but am getting worried because the TP agents claim they can't let me pre-select my seats because the system says I'm not *G. United says this is an error on TP's end, and TP claims the problem is on UA's end. I wouldn't be too worried about this if I had my actual United Gold card, but they haven't shipped it yet because it is so early in the year.

Any advice or help would be appreciated! Really just want to make sure I get lounge access and free checked bag.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ron187
I just recently (in Nov.) hit Gold with UA. I'm flying on a couple inter-europe flights with TP in the next week, but am getting worried because the TP agents claim they can't let me pre-select my seats because the system says I'm not *G. United says this is an error on TP's end, and TP claims the problem is on UA's end. I wouldn't be too worried about this if I had my actual United Gold card, but they haven't shipped it yet because it is so early in the year.

Any advice or help would be appreciated! Really just want to make sure I get lounge access and free checked bag.
You can print one from your account online.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 5:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Do you have the UA App on your phone? It has an electronic version of your card showing *G.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I have that printed, but was afraid the check-in folks at TP / grouchy lounge dragons might not accept that. I should be good, though?
Old Jan 7, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I found TAP to be a wonderful airline and everyone very.pleasant. TAP is the only *A member that gave me an upgrade (CPU), and I had not requested an upgrade. As I went to board they swapped out my boarding pass for business class and I was traveling on a "W" fare. They thanked me for my *A loyalty and for flying TAP.

Fingers crossed the printout works, because, based on my experience, *G passenger means something to them.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I found TAP to be a wonderful airline and everyone very.pleasant. TAP is the only *A member that gave me an upgrade (CPU), and I had not requested an upgrade. As I went to board they swapped out my boarding pass for business class and I was traveling on a "W" fare. They thanked me for my *A loyalty and for flying TAP.

Fingers crossed the printout works, because, based on my experience, *G passenger means something to them.
+1

TAP agents have been very friendly and will help you out. I also had the same upgrade experience at the gate.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:32 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Call TP and ask them to delete any and all references to you united ffp number and save the PNR. Then wait a day or two and call in to add your UA number again. That should do the trick.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:59 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by ron187

Two things might be happening:
1. In some cases you as a *G can't pre-select seats until check-in unless you decide to pay.
2. Your *G status is not in the system. Did you recently become *G?

Instead of calling, contact then through FB with your info and what you want to do. They're usually very responsive.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 11:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Often when there's been an increase in status, removing and then re-entering the FF number works, although it might help to log out and then log in again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.