Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking AirAsia.com with a USA credit card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2010, 3:58 am

Programs: AS 100K
i keep having the same issue...my chase UA MP card keeps getting denied. In the drop down for the US States, it shows nothing, i guess that might have something to do with the CC denial??? ugh, soooo annoyed!
Old Aug 21, 2010, 4:08 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
When choosing the state in the dropdown menu, choose "Other".

Also, registering with "Verified by Visa" seems to help too.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
When choosing the state in the dropdown menu, choose "Other".

Also, registering with "Verified by Visa" seems to help too.
it does not give me the "other" option...it just gives me "N/A"

i dont know what else to do!
Old Aug 21, 2010, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
i dont know what else to do!
call them....

Air Asia - Contact us
Old Aug 21, 2010, 6:00 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
OTHER is the answer

i keep having the same issue...my chase UA MP card keeps getting denied. In the drop down for the US States, it shows nothing, i guess that might have something to do with the CC denial??? ugh, soooo annoyed!
Hi,

Patience is your friend. The "state" pull-down is not for American states. IIRC, you select "Other" and then move forward. (I just flew 9 Air Asia segments in the past 60 days, and booked 5 more during the recent sale.) If the interface you are getting has a "N/A" selection, then go with that.

The patience is needed because after throwing you, the user, an error, the AirAsia system will sometimes fuddle with your other entries. You need to examine the form to ensure all the correct data has been inputted. Otherwise, you get a new error.

It is often easier to use mobile.airasia.com as it gives a faster loading interface and is very straight forward.

Safe Travels!
Old Aug 21, 2010, 8:48 am

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Originally Posted by JCKIM
Had same issue using my AmEX. Just needed to call the CC call center and give them advance warning that you are making a purchase on AirAsia (and I also give them the approximate purchase amount). That's all it took. It looks like the AirAsia charges come from a country that sets off alarms with some U.S. cc companies.

Good luck
JCKIM, has the answer...I have to call AMEX, Visa and Master Card companies before making AirAsia on-line purchase. After you do this it works like a charm.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 4:49 pm

ok so i've pretty much tried all the suggestions given and NOTHING...the awful payment process is truly unbelievable and...i don't now, i'm speechless. I 've never struggled to pay for anything...WOW, this makes ryanair feel like if they're the BEST low cost carrier out there.

AirAsia reps are pretty useless, i called and they said that it must be due to a high amount of users on their website, they told me that last night and again today...other than suggesting me to come back later, they can't do anything else.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 6:22 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
ok so i've pretty much tried all the suggestions given and NOTHING...the awful payment process is truly unbelievable and...i don't now, i'm speechless. I 've never struggled to pay for anything...WOW, this makes ryanair feel like if they're the BEST low cost carrier out there.

AirAsia reps are pretty useless, i called and they said that it must be due to a high amount of users on their website, they told me that last night and again today...other than suggesting me to come back later, they can't do anything else.
Sorry to hear this is still giving you grief. Wouldn't the airasia CSRs even make the reservation for you, over the phone?

No love loss between me and AirAsia's administrative/ IT departments, but even them this would be a new low ...
Old Aug 21, 2010, 9:43 pm

What did your crediit card company say?
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:18 pm

they said that they saw the declined purchases and that there was no hold on my CC and that I shouldn't have any problem booking the ticket. then they suggested I enroll my card on the "verified by visa" thing, i did, same problem, still denied.

I finally booked the ticket but through a third party (wegolo.com). It was 20-SGD more but whatever, i was able to book it in a minute and I already have my flight reference #s from Air Asia...

AirAsia really needs to address this, i wonder how many customers go to Jetstar just to avoid the payment mess...
Old Aug 22, 2010, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
ryanair feel like if they're the BEST low cost carrier out there.
bite your tongue....don't even joke about something like that....
Old Aug 22, 2010, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FatManInNYC
Sorry to hear this is still giving you grief. Wouldn't the airasia CSRs even make the reservation for you, over the phone?

No love loss between me and AirAsia's administrative/ IT departments, but even them this would be a new low ...
their administrative / it departments are a joke....but i have made reservations over the phone many times with them....

earlier this year they cancelled my flight so i asked for a refund....it took them almost 60 days to refund the money....
Old Aug 24, 2010, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I have always had a great deal of difficulty booking Air Asia flights with a US-based credit card but I have one specific card that has worked in the past (usually) -- its a very old non point earning Chase MasterCard. None of my other credit cards have ever worked, including Amex, a UA Visa or my Schwab Visa.

That being said, in my recent attempts to book a flight from CEI to BKK, I have encountered more problems than ever. For the last few days, I have tried to book this flight on multiple occasions but the web site inevitably says the transaction is declined.

My bank, however, says differently. They see the transaction and are approving it. The unpaid itinerary persists in the Air Asia database vortex for a few hours until it ultimately expires.

Attempts to reach Air Asia's customer "service" have proven to be futile. I tried reaching their Singapore office when they opened for the day and waited in the queue for over an hour until I was disconnected. I tried calling back a few hours later and was unable to even join the queue - no answer.

I noticed that the Air Asia web site now has a live chat function. After 65 minutes in that queue, all the rep could suggest is that I call customer service. He also helpfully added, "Our online system has issue in accepting payment via US credit card." He also sent me a link to an Air Asia branded Citibank MasterCard.

I saved an amusing transcript of our entire dialog. On second thought, I guess its not all that amusing.

Anyway, it has never been especially easy for me to book Air Asia flights but at the moment it appears to be impossible. The quirky web site coupled with a non actionable and seemingly unreachable call center has created a very frustrating and aggravating situation.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 3:28 am

Wow ! I've used at least 10 different cards over the years and never had a problem. Had something like this with Agoda before though. Amex said all was good with them and it was Agoda's bank denying the charge. Got on the phone with them and they wanted me to fax a pic of my card with my passport photo page. Their bank's super computer thought my charge looked phony for some reason. wj
Old Aug 28, 2010, 5:00 am

Background:
*I have bought dozens of Air Asia tickets over the years, using multiple credit cards.
*Air Asia changed its system in the past few months. Us flyertalkers may call it an "enhancement" (our slang for a change that only seems to add more problems than was noticed before the change)

I tried to buy a ticket this week for one of our staff to go home. The credit card purchase was denied online (I forgot my Verified by Visa password).

Because I'm in Patong, Phuket, I decided to go straight to the Air Asia office along beach road and buy it there. While purchasing it at the office, I brought up the fact that many people are having difficulty with their online purchases, and that even I was denied, despite buying many tickets with the same cards in the past. The counter agent was quite defensive and he suggested I fly another carrier. I think this reflects discontent of the Air Asia front line employess that do not have the required support from their company. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICIES tend to flow frustration to front line staff.

However, after he calmed down, he did say that the new system is very particular, too much so. He said that any errors in billing address, including punctuation will result in a declined purchase.

Any resolution would need to come from within Air Aisa. They appear to insulate themselves from any guest contact. I'm surprised that a company that is otherwise successful and provides a good product could be so detached from obstacles facing its customers'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.