Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Any Experiance Dealing/Booking with www.budgetborne.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 7:29 am
APx
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL, BA Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Blue

Hi FT'er,

Was wondering if any of you have any experience dealing with www.budgetborne.com? They seem to be offering very good packages on biz and first?

Many thanks in advance for your comments.
Old May 12, 2011, 12:45 pm

Hi, did you make the purchase with budgetborne?
Old May 13, 2011, 11:42 am

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Sky Team
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by APx
Hi FT'er,

Was wondering if any of you have any experience dealing with www.budgetborne.com? They seem to be offering very good packages on biz and first?

Many thanks in advance for your comments.
I've been in the business for a while and have not heard of budgetborne. They seem to specialize in high end travel at discounted rates just like us.
I'll keep you posted if I find out more.

Cheers
Ian
Old May 16, 2011, 9:44 am
APx
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Anitalkyu
Hi, did you make the purchase with budgetborne?
No, I just found them to be very very unhelpful... They simply gave me the deal (was ok), and then just asked me for payment to an account. When I asked for alternative flight routes to what they had proposed, I got nothing.

I went with flyl4l... Brilliant from start to finish, if you'rew not bothered about collecting airmiles... I've actually written a review about them on another thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onlin...-before-2.html
Old May 16, 2011, 3:15 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Sky Team
Originally Posted by APx
No, I just found them to be very very unhelpful... They simply gave me the deal (was ok), and then just asked me for payment to an account. When I asked for alternative flight routes to what they had proposed, I got nothing.

I went with flyl4l... Brilliant from start to finish, if you'rew not bothered about collecting airmiles... I've actually written a review about them on another thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onlin...-before-2.html
I've heard dealing with mileage broker companies l4l.com can be like playing Russian roulette. 50% of the time you'll get a great deal and have a wonderful trip and the other 50% of the time I've heard that passengers have been denied boarding because the airline found out that the mileage holder sold his miles to a 3rd party (through brokers like L4L). In cases like this both parties pay a dear price (the mileage account holder gets his/her account canceled and all points forfeited / the customer who bought the ticket gets to suffer the embarrassment at the airport counter and has the choice to not make the trip or simply pay the full price for the same ticket.
Old May 17, 2011, 8:41 am
APx
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Millenium Travel
I've heard dealing with mileage broker companies l4l.com can be like playing Russian roulette. 50% of the time you'll get a great deal and have a wonderful trip and the other 50% of the time I've heard that passengers have been denied boarding because the airline found out that the mileage holder sold his miles to a 3rd party (through brokers like L4L). In cases like this both parties pay a dear price (the mileage account holder gets his/her account canceled and all points forfeited / the customer who bought the ticket gets to suffer the embarrassment at the airport counter and has the choice to not make the trip or simply pay the full price for the same ticket.
I'm sure you have a point, but searching the web pages and FT, I have yet to come across a post or article that shows such stories you refer to?
Old May 19, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA LifeTime Plat, DL Plat, Amex Centurion, Hertz Plaitnum
Originally Posted by Millenium Travel
Your screen-name somehow links you to the travel business thus is probably the reason behind your L4L bashing mission!

I am using L4L myself now for several years and have recommended friends and colleagues there too. Not only are they the biggest mileage brokers out there (42 in-house agents and operate 24 hours) but also have an impeccable track record!

You 'heard' that 50% of times both parties pay a dear price?! If no online forum shows this HOW exactly have you heard this?! Can you link any of these sources or do you randomly 'hear' about 50% of a travel agency agencies reviews?!

Shame on you...!
Old May 27, 2011, 5:06 pm

Programs: qantas frequent flyer
any more on budget borne??

Hi Ian,

Did you manage to find out anything on budget borne?

I just responded to another post where someone was asking if anyone had heard of them.

I just obtained (a great) quote from them- 40% less than any other airline from melbourne to tel aviv on business but I too, have never heard of them / know anyone who's used them.
'
Many thanks!
Old May 29, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by APx
but searching the web pages and FT, I have yet to come across a post or article that shows such stories you refer to?
Originally Posted by alexoster
...that 50% of times both parties pay a dear price?! If no online forum shows this HOW exactly have you heard this?! Can you link any of these sources or do you randomly 'hear' about 50% of a travel agency agencies reviews?!
You guys mean stories like this one?

It's not about any particular website/agency in thread, but I did read some sorry stories from the buyers and/or sellers on FT over the years. I recall reading "confessions" in Delta Forum, NW Forum & UA Forum a while back. Some involved eBay/Craigslist listings. I don't have links to those posts since I didn't keep tabs on them. Those fora MODs may have better memories than I. The above linked post came up in my search using key words "selling miles" in MilesBuzz! and I just read it for the first time today.

FWIW, not everyone gets caught. For those who got caught, they don't necessarily choose to go on internet bulletin boards to publicize it. So, yes, the severe consequences had been reported on FT before. More than once.

You can also read Randy's words on how airlines chase down brokers back in 2003.

My personal philosophy is better safe than sorry. YMMV.

ETA:

Just saw this thread over Delta Forum. It's still a case-in-progress but another who-got-caught-buying-or-selling:

Caught Buying e-certs

Last edited by lin821; Jun 5, 2011 at 7:02 am Reason: ETA
Old Mar 8, 2013, 3:23 am

Used this USA service from the UK to book return Business flights to New Zealand. Really good price, way cheaper than anywhere else. They were very patient as I didn't want to make a direct telegraphic transfer (10k) without protection so the waited until I sorted out a credit card and made two payments (so that the transactions were insured). Flights were great and will be using this company again and again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.