Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever booked with "Luxury for Less" (FLYL4L.COM) before?

Anyone ever booked with "Luxury for Less" (FLYL4L.COM) before?

Old Nov 7, 2010, 9:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA LifeTime Plat, DL Plat, Amex Centurion, Hertz Plaitnum
Originally Posted by mjack99
Personally it feels dodgy to me. I tried to find two people on their customer referrals and there is no sign of either of them on Linkedin or on the company websites themselves (in fact one company doesn't even seem to exist).

If they are legitimate, perhaps they should put some real customers on their site.
Sorry mjack99 but you make make me laugh.
L4L is now probably the biggest mileage brokerage in the USA.

In the past I used Frequent Flyer Depot who are a Texas based firm but L4L beats their prices and services hands down.

Funnily, I was in the Hong Kong Cathay first class lounge a few weeks ago and was chatting with a lady, it ended up being that we both got our tickets through L4L...
Old Nov 9, 2010, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA, DL,
Here is an intersting link: http://usaca.com/

These are the biggest ticket consolidators in the US. They do only wholesale, so they will probably not work with you directly. However, they can probably suggest a subagent they work with.

Another intersting thing is that despite what people think or say, most of these consolidators have the same fares. They all have the same contracts with the major carriers (DL, UA, AA, US, LH, CO, AF, JL, LX, KL). Some may have contracts with smaller airlines, and those are the ones worth of exploring.

The consolidation is another distribution channel for the airlines. For certain markets, it makes more sense to distribute through the consolidators because it is more efficient. This way the airlines focus on markets that are high yield and require "less work".
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:45 am

We have a booking with them for flights in January and after paying for the flights we got our booking confirmed and were able to see the same flights on the website of the airline.

Today I checked again and the flights are gone from our booking on the airline website. I've posted another thread about this to find out if anyone have experience this issue. In the meantime I've written to flyl4l to get an explanation.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:38 am

Been away on business for a few days meanwhile flyl4l has been great. They've been on the phone with my wife and completely re-arranged our trip as well as providing additional service. Our flights are re-booked and we're all set. Seems some airlines are just picky!

Thanks to everyone at flyl4l and we'll be using you again!
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by crnkshft
I just book round trip airfare from LAX to DOH, the list price at the KLM site was between $8900 and $12,000 USD. I paid $3690 and the flight leaves in less than a week. I am not sure why you would think this is a scam, they tell you that the ticket is an award ticket based on redeemed miles, and that you do not earn miles using their tickets.

For all of us that has used award miles you already know those flights do not earn frequent flier miles, and if you have ever read your contract, it says you can transfer or use them how you see fit. I am just glad that big corporations have these miles available, and that I can get low cost business class. For their prices 3 of my flights cost what one would normally cost, and traveling this trip 6-8 times a year means enormous savings for me. Also I check with KLM and regardless of reward ticket or normal flight I am entitled to use the Executive lounge, so this is a real plus when figuring out what to do during layovers.

I will update next week when I get to Doha Qatar, and when I return in December to LA.
I have returned from my trip to Doha, and used L4L to fly my wife out to see me during my visit, both of us had uneventful roundtrips. The flight attendants remember you based on how many times they have flown with you, and since there is nothing on the ticket to indicate it is an air miles ticket, your perks will result from the flight attendants choosing to give you updgrades.
I got upgraded on the short leg on the way home from business to first on Emirates... Stick with business, The only difference I saw was the TV was bigger, but since it is not HD it is really not better to look at, and they have this sliding wall that closes you in, reminded me of being in a bathroom stall, and I kept wondering if someone was going to peek in over the top... anyway they are legitamite, just don't use up all their miles, I don't want to spend double to get business class...
Old May 5, 2011, 6:10 am
APx

Programs: M&M FTL, BA Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Blue
Wink

After reading this blog, I was quite suspicious in moving forward and using flyl4l (in fact I posted some separate blogs on this elsewhere in FT), but after the last post, I thought sod-it, take the risk.

I just confirmed my flight with them. The service was excellent all the way through, and they explained everything to me. So far everything is going well. The booking is showing up on my personal airline bookings page and I've received all the documents from them (albeit 24hrs after booking it via online).

Flight is next week, so will let you know how it turns out.

ZRH-HKG (Rtn): US$4,690 - FIRST CLASS.

Bargain; just saved myself US$19,166 (if I had booked this today direct with SWISS.com)

Anyway, if all works out next week... I will be using these guys for ALL my travels...

Have faith people!
Old May 5, 2011, 8:35 am

APX
Let us know how it all goes. Great price!
Old May 16, 2011, 10:10 am
APx

Talking

Originally Posted by APx
After reading this blog, I was quite suspicious in moving forward and using flyl4l (in fact I posted some separate blogs on this elsewhere in FT), but after the last post, I thought sod-it, take the risk.

I just confirmed my flight with them. The service was excellent all the way through, and they explained everything to me. So far everything is going well. The booking is showing up on my personal airline bookings page and I've received all the documents from them (albeit 24hrs after booking it via online).

Flight is next week, so will let you know how it turns out.

ZRH-HKG (Rtn): US$4,690 - FIRST CLASS.

Bargain; just saved myself US$19,166 (if I had booked this today direct with SWISS.com)

Anyway, if all works out next week... I will be using these guys for ALL my travels...

Have faith people!
Originally Posted by jabez
APX
Let us know how it all goes. Great price!

As promised, here's my update.

If you are not bothered about collecting air-miles that BOOK with flyl4l... Simple!

How it worked for me:

1) Made enquiry
2) Receive details and cost (went back and forth with other possible flight options, i.e., I don't like TX, can you find me something with SWISS for example)
3) Once happy, I payed my deposit via CC on their site link (Airline Tax)
4) Received my booking reference number (had to wait 24hrs - the only scary part)
5) Completed the Wire Transfer of Balance before flight date
6) Fly and Enjoy!!!! FIRST CLASS, NO PROBLEMS

So, therefore I will be using flyl4l for all my big trips from now on... However, I'll probably still keep using the direct services for my local trips, so that I can maintain my FTL status.

PS: With this service in place, why would anyone want to build up to the top tier statuses?

With the savings I made, I could of done the same trip in F (with all the bells and whistles), 4 x over???

Go for it folks, I think you like it... The lady who helped me was a Bonnie G (I think the rules forbid me to leave her full name - or PM me)... Very Very helpful and polite on the phone... Ask for her

Enjoy
Old May 29, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Doing business with a mileage broker? Thanks, but, no thanks!

Originally Posted by APx
If you are not bothered about collecting air-miles that BOOK with flyl4l... Simple!
Judging from this post, this company seems to be a mileage broker.

I understand you had a wonderful first encounter with them, but with due respect, I am not that sure nor comfortable dealing with any mileage broker myself.

You are basically buying miles from another "seller" through this broker (i.e. 3rd party), which I have no idea if they establish any partner relationship with named airlines. Not to mention selling miles is in violation of most airline's FFPs that I know. OTOH, Points.com has their business model/relationship with a number of airlines but I rather not conduct any trade with Points (bad value, high fees...etc).

Here are two sample threads about selling miles and implications over MilesBuzz! Forum for your reading pleasure:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ell-miles.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-com-scam.html
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:08 am

My personal experience

I just traveled through flyl4l.com and following the incidents I went through, I thought I would search for comments on them, and post my own personal review in regards to their service...

I had to travel from Melbourne to Paris this month. I was recommended by a friend flyl4l.com. They quoted me AUD $4200 (inclusive of taxes) to fly in business through Thai Airways. This was less than half of the cheapest airfare I could find..
The route was MEL->BKK->ZUR->CDG and back. ZUR->CDG via SwissAir

I was very suspicious to say the least, and the idea of paying through direct transfer doesn't help in making you feel better.

But I went ahead anyway..

I dealt with Michelle B. Fantastic service, quick response, lots of back and forth emails trying to sort out availability and airlines. The choice of flights is obviously much more limited than if you dealt with the airline directly, but considering the price, I wasn't surprised: plus in the end, I got the flight I wanted.

Taxes got paid through my Amex and Air Canada charged the US $300-odd taxes.

I was worried when I showed up at the airport, as all I had with an e-ticket number and nothing directly issued by an airline.

Showed up at checkin, presented my passport expecting the worse. And everything went well, I enjoyed the business lounge while waiting for the flight. Just as I was used to.

3 weeks later, time to go back home. Alas, being so used to travel on this route, somehow I was convinced the returned flight was at 1:30PM. It was at 11AM. I realised this at 10:30AM and arrived at the airport at 11:15AM.

Tried to call flyl4l.com emergency number, to no available (remember it's still sunday night in NY where they are based)...

Swissair considered me as a no-show. Wouldn't want to reschedule a flight. Thai had no problem to reschedule me flight but told me I had to deal via Air Canada as they were the one to issue the ticket.
Showed up at Air Canada ticketing booth, wouldn't want to do anything with my ticket as Swissair had considered me as no-show and told me I had lost the ticket and would need to apply for a new one.

From there, I started to stress obviously. The tour de France has just finished, and there are just no availability to fly within the next two days, except on full-fare business (4000+ euros for a one-way ticket)...

I then got a call back from flyl4l.com ; I guess they had seen the caller-ID as they called back the phone I had used earlier (not my personal phone).

He said he would call me back within 15 minutes with some options.

He did call back 20 minutes later with two options: fly on the same day through a crazy route (Paris->Frankfurt->Bangkok->Singapore->Melbourne), or fly the next day CDG->BKK->MEL.
I went the 2nd option.

Cost US$100...

So to summarise: awesome service if you ask me, and as cheap as you can get. The downsides are:
- Not as much flexibility with dates and airlines
- You don't have someone to talk to face to face if there is a last minute emergency and it's a dreadful wait not knowing what's going to happen next.

Their staff are extremely knowledgeable, very responsive and very friendly.

I will fly with them again, I'm guessing the chance of missing my flight is low (it only happened to me once before 15 years ago) and I have flown well over a million miles.
When .... did hit the fan they were great and very helpful and sorted the issue quickly and without any problems, issues I couldn't have resolved myself.

A big thumbdown to Swissair that caused an entire journey to be cancelled because of a missed one-hour flight (I could have made the connection through Air France and catch the next Thai airways flight)...

That's all for now...
Old Aug 1, 2011, 6:43 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
I have heard negative reviews regarding this site that they cancel the reservation if they need to and rebook you on another flight as they wish.

Also I am wary that they do not accept credit cards but need fund transfers.

Any member from FT been here long can guide us?

Sorry but to be honest it may be difficult to go by reviews of new 1 time users of FT.... who knows if its the website itself giving good reviews.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, AA LifeTime Plat, DL Plat, Amex Centurion, Hertz Plaitnum
Originally Posted by sweets61250
I have heard negative reviews regarding this site that they cancel the reservation if they need to and rebook you on another flight as they wish.

Sorry but to be honest it may be difficult to go by reviews of new 1 time users of FT.... who knows if its the website itself giving good reviews.
Sweets,
I have been using them for years now and so have my friends & colleagues. Nothing negative...
Old Aug 2, 2011, 6:02 am
APx

Wink

Sweets,

I can assure you that although I am a newbie to FT, like yourself (just over 12 months). I am not affiliated with FlyL4L in anyway, shape or form. The view's I've shared are of my own experiences with them and I have already recommended them several times over. In fact, after using them again recently, I have just booked my honeymoon flights with them.

Enjoy! ^
Old Aug 5, 2011, 5:16 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb

I didn't say anyone is an imposter or connect with the website.

Just someone who used the website complained that his booking on a specific airline was suddenly cancelled and he was booked for another airline.

This gets frustrating. Also is the problem of the credit card.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 7:54 am

"Also is the problem of the credit card."

This would be a reason for me to hesitate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.