Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHX to ANC non-stop discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:43 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by stex
I called the AA RTW desk today and asked them about the missing ANC segments: they explained that the flight has been discontinued and that they will protect me both in finding an alternative routing with AS and that they will overrule the 16 segment limit due to multiple discontinued segments in my itinerary. However, they did ask me to call BA to process these changes. I was told AA can't make changes to the ticket as I have not started that DONE5 yet. Will report back if I am successful at fixing the issues at hand, hoping BA will be diligent about it... as I was looking forward to see the northern lights next spring..!
Until a ticket is started, only the place that issued the ticket can touch it. In this case, that's BA, in others, it could be a travel agent (though I've had some agents that just auto accept any change made by the airline without checking with the client if that change it acceptable).

On one of my LONE4's years ago, I had 16 sectors booked when QF cancelled the 2nd last flight (NRT-MEL). I was rerouted via SYD and given paper tickets (this was as the full transition to 100% etickets was about to happen). Later on, during the trip, riots started in BKK and many governments and airlines were issuing travel warnings and wavers. I was meant to travel LHR-BKK-SIN-KIX. Due to the travel warnings, I skipped the BKK stop and the agent rebooked direct to SIN. As half the trip had been completed, it was rebooked as an eticket and I was told to return the remaining coupons to the agents when I got home.
BA still insisted on taking the coupons from the old ticket for the BA legs between mainland EU and Asia.
Old May 15, 2016, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I would benefit from some suggestions on how to proceed with the following issue that I reported few posts above about a month ago:

Originally Posted by stex
I have a DONE5 ex-JNB booked 5 weeks ago with BA that includes PHX-ANC-PHX. In the past 3 days (or so) the ANC segments disappeared from the itinerary. Neither BA nor AA contacted me (yet) about the cancellation of segments. I also had the direct flight JFK-CCS-JFK which was recently was ended by AA. They did email me a confirmed protection alternative xMIA. I called the AA RTW desk today and asked them about the missing ANC segments: they explained that the flight has been discontinued and that they will protect me both in finding an alternative routing with AS and that they will overrule the 16 segment limit due to multiple discontinued segments in my itinerary. However, they did ask me to call BA to process these changes. I was told AA can't make changes to the ticket as I have not started that DONE5 yet.
At this time, I am debating whether I should wait until I fly the first segment of the DONE5, and then call AA RTW desk to hopefully have them fix the issues as they promised, or whether I should go ahead and contact BA ASAP and before flying the first segment to have them fix the issues. My worry about contacting BA is the fact that, if they interact with an unhelpful AA agent, I might end up loosing the option to have the ANC flights re-instated in my itinerary. And, I also worry whether the RTW ticket will be priced anew even if the changes are needed due to AA flight cancellations... On the other hand, waiting after the first segment is flown means waiting until late November to find out if indeed AA will keep to its initial promise...

So, I wonder your thoughts, whether it would be best to wait until November, right after the first segment and take it from there or rather attempt at fixing the itinerary now with BA...

Thanks..!
Old May 16, 2016, 6:21 am

Programs: QFF
Provided AA has left notes in the PNR about what they told you, I don't think there would be an issue talking to BA.
Old May 16, 2016, 10:55 am

Regarding the ANC flight schedules, it now seems that LAX/DFW/PHX-ANC are all during the summer months and no AA flights outside that time. 3 flights per day, then nothing. However, LAX-ANC is operating now which is not summertime. What's happening?
Old May 16, 2016, 11:39 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by headinclouds
Regarding the ANC flight schedules, it now seems that LAX/DFW/PHX-ANC are all during the summer months and no AA flights outside that time. 3 flights per day, then nothing. However, LAX-ANC is operating now which is not summertime. What's happening?
It's not summer, but it IS cruise season. Lots of carriers serve ANC during the tourist/cruise period (roughly May 15 - Sept. 15.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.