Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Creative Intra-China routing options on OW?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Creative Intra-China routing options on OW?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"Creative" is one way to describe it, and "stupid" is another. No offense is intended, but ctu-hkg-pvg IS a really bad plan. Others should take note.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:37 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by moondog
"Creative" is one way to describe it, and "stupid" is another. No offense is intended, but ctu-hkg-pvg IS a really bad plan. Others should take note.
Don't be so blunt. I think "courageous" is apt.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lets not discourage the spirit of adventure - nice to see op intintionally injecting some excitement into what most here would book as a boring nonstop

Btw my last pvg-hkg flight got to hkg at 2:20 am (instead of 7 pm) but i managed to get on an earlier one and make my connection to lax... clearly there were opportunities for me to make that trip more memorable than a generic nighttime flight in F...
Old Aug 11, 2015, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is true FT spirit. Reminds me a few years ago when an FTer flew SYD-LAX-HKG instead of SYD-HKG.^ He needed UA miles that year.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:18 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by TerryK
This is true FT spirit. Reminds me a few years ago when an FTer flew SYD-LAX-HKG instead of SYD-HKG.^ He needed UA miles that year.
A few years ago is the key word. I'm sure there are some that still do mileage runs, but those days on UA and DL are over. Eventually, AA will be on that list as well.

Personally, just want to get from point a to point b. Call it boring, but if you're checking in bags, it's less of a chance losing them.

Last edited by 77W_12A; Aug 11, 2015 at 4:35 pm Reason: added content.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by TerryK
I'll have to dig up that mileage run post where somebody flew from San Fran to some part of Asia which I forget, 6 times, in economy, for the miles.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 6:17 pm

Trouble is OP is neither MR nor SR, but proposing to burn miles for this routing...
Old Aug 13, 2015, 11:53 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
i am really speechless about this routing. i hope thr OP has multiple entries visa.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pbd456
i am really speechless about this routing. i hope thr OP has multiple entries visa.
Yep, 10 year multi. Used this to reset my 60 day clock. Already flew this routing and everything went smoothly - great experience and a much needed break from mainland stresses. Would only recommend to OW emeralds though. Might try flying via NRT next, but probably in eco and with a proper stopover this time.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by mster
Yep, 10 year multi. Used this to reset my 60 day clock. Already flew this routing and everything went smoothly - great experience and a much needed break from mainland stresses. Would only recommend to OW emeralds though. Might try flying via NRT next, but probably in eco and with a proper stopover this time.
Oh. There's a visa issue involved - so you need to exit China anyway.

Lucky you. No major AFC yesterday/today.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 2:54 am

how do u get 7500 miles? i cant find anything on the award chart?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by mster
In that case, my opinion changes completely... not a bad use of miles, but I would have stayed in HK.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 3:44 am

how do u get 7500 miles? i cant find anything on the award chart?
That's the standard price for BA economy redemptions between 651 and 1150 miles. The award chart is insanely simple.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 5:11 am

That's the standard price for BA economy redemptions between 651 and 1150 miles. The award chart is insanely simple.
didnt he say he use AA miles in the first post?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:16 am

didnt he say he use AA miles in the first post?
In his first post, he inquired about the possibility of using aa miles, but in post he mentioned that he ended up using ba miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.