Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

TARGETED: 5k/10k Bonus Miles up to 50k/100k per RT on NW/DL/AF/KLM Till EOY [MERGED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TARGETED: 5k/10k Bonus Miles up to 50k/100k per RT on NW/DL/AF/KLM Till EOY [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:44 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by kenn0223
With the merger of Delta and Northwest, we've created the world's largest airline. In addition to going everywhere you need to, you have the freedom to go anywhere you could ever possibly want to.

Plus, you'll enjoy 5,000 Bonus Miles for each roundtrip flight flown on Delta, Northwest, Air France or KLM between June 25 and December 31, 2009 — up to 50,000 Bonus Miles. Register between June 25 and September 30, 2009, and complete your travel by December 31, 2009.

Mores Destinations. More Choices.

You'll continue to experience exceptional travel when you choose Northwest and Delta thanks to:

* More than 900 destinations through SkyTeam®, our global alliance
* More Wi-Fi equipped aircraft than any other airline
* New airport kiosks that streamline your airport check-in experience, getting you to your gate faster and easier than ever.
* WorldPerks; the best-in-class frequent flyer program that offers a minimum of 500 miles on every flight and a minimum of 500 miles toward Elite status on all Coach Class fares.
Mine is also just for 5K up to 50K
Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
SEA-based NW Plat here with over 100K EQM this year already with plenty more booked. I received the 10K/100K bonus offer. Sweet I was a little jealous yesterday when Delta came out with their promo.

One thing I'll note - we should consider ourselves lucky because almost all of NW's promos require you to register before you book a ticket. This promotion does not have that requirement. All tickets already booked are eligible for this promotion. Just have to fly between 6/25 & 12/31. Thanks NW ^

Originally Posted by mike_plat
I think it's targeted at people they think could be incentivized to fly but haven't been flying much. If you already fly a reasonable amount, you might not get it because they don't need to incentivize you.
I don't think this is true. See my statement above. I'm already over 100K EQM with several more trips already booked.

Originally Posted by lucycan
Now I know why they are going to need a 4th tier to the loyalty program. Giving away miles like candy
Be careful not to confuse EQM with banked miles. This promotion only gives you banked miles. It has no affect on EQM. So this promo should have no affect on the 4th tier.

What I think it will affect are the mileage requirements for award tickets and upgrades next year. With DL/NW giving away these miles like candy they'll have to up the requirements for tickets/upgrades using miles just to force people to burn through these bonus miles.

-RM
Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:51 am

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
No dice here either for me or the Mrs. on EITHER promo. I can't believe they wouldn't target a high revenue Silver Elite like me!
Old Jun 26, 2009, 11:16 am

Programs: DL Plat, IC Diamond Amb, Hertz PC
No love for me or Mrs. travelindave with either of the promo's. I have about 40K EQM's so far this year. Mrs. travelindave has no status and no flights yet.

I suppose I got my 10K bonus with the Asia bonus that I received from a DTW-SFO trip.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 11:28 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone successfully registered to both? I wonder what would happen.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 11:33 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by divrdrew
I got the 50k promo as a Gold (after a soft landing following 4 years as Plat). Wife is Silver and she got the 100K promo.

Here's the 50k url:

http://www.nwa.com/offers/05krt/?omn...COv2a.50k.CTA1

Here's the 100k url:

http://www.nwa.com/offers/10krt/?omn...Ov1a.100k.CTA1

If you were not targeted, you will get an error stating that you were not targeted and it won't let you register for the offers. I initially tried my wife's number for the 50k promo but it wouldn't take. I also tried to register mine for the 100k and it wouldn't take either.
Did not receive any email but the 50K promo worked for me with the link above. The 100K did not.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
This NW plat got the 10k promo! But I wonder how/if OW tix count or the paid 1/2 of a PerkChoice ticket counts?

Either way it's a great promo ^
Old Jun 26, 2009, 12:06 pm

Programs: Skyclub lifetime, Priority Pass, HH Gold.
I got the 5k promo. I have about 50,000eqms this year as Plat.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
This couldn't have come at a better time - I was able to register for it 11pm the night before I left on a mileage run

The logic about people they believe could be incentivized to fly more is probably right on the money. I got the 10k/100k promo as a new silver elite with ~35k EQMs so far this year. Truth be told, this probably will actually coax me to take at least one more frivolous round trip on NW before the end of the year.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 12:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
This gold got nothing.

Mrs. psychtobe, also gold, was able to register (don't know if 5k or 10k).

Baby Psychtobe, no status, got the 10k mile offer.

Seems kind of random overall.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 12:25 pm

Location: MHT, DL DM & now KM!/ formerNW Plat /HH Diamond/SPG plat
Is it a Continental promotion?

I too am wondering why it reads:
CO Campaign 10000 Bonus Miles
on my promotions page.

I'm also PM, flying my "usual" pattern of miles for this time of year. But I have more than a few Continental flights this year (and last year) credited on my NW account. Do you think it's targeting PM's who have used CO and some of us are going to miss the CO service and President's Club.

Those of you who also received this, do you fly CO?
Old Jun 26, 2009, 12:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kathnunley
I too am wondering why it reads:
CO Campaign 10000 Bonus Miles
on my promotions page.

I'm also PM, flying my "usual" pattern of miles for this time of year. But I have more than a few Continental flights this year (and last year) credited on my NW account. Do you think it's targeting PM's who have used CO and some of us are going to miss the CO service and President's Club.

Those of you who also received this, do you fly CO?
yes but all 3 of us have flown CO recently and we got different promos.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL PM; AA EXP
Originally Posted by psychtobe
yes but all 3 of us have flown CO recently and we got different promos.

I have 189K EQMs so far this year, incluiding 3 RT Y-class flights on CO just in the past 2 weeks, and got nothing. Made me mad I couldn't register for it, so just canceled a $1200 RT flight to TPA on DL for next week and a $6600 RT Flight to LHR on NW next week and replaced them both with AA flights. Petty, I know. But was just enough to get me to decide to requalify for EP for next year on AA.

I never understand those who claim they have more miles than they can use--I'll always take an extra 100K miles!
Old Jun 26, 2009, 2:27 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold75, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Tried both (no email) and was denied for both. Frustrating!
Old Jun 26, 2009, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA/1k
Talking

Originally Posted by bmh3s
I have 189K EQMs so far this year, incluiding 3 RT Y-class flights on CO just in the past 2 weeks, and got nothing. Made me mad I couldn't register for it, so just canceled a $1200 RT flight to TPA on DL for next week and a $6600 RT Flight to LHR on NW next week and replaced them both with AA flights. Petty, I know. But was just enough to get me to decide to requalify for EP for next year on AA.
i got this promo -- I flew on CO (DEL-EWR) on a free ticket this year, and (EWR-ATH) recently. But I live in NYC, and the routes I fly most often are: ny-sf, ny-dc (when the weather's good it's faster than the train) ny-lon, and ny-india. Since CO has a hub that's about the same distance from my house and does all these flights, I'd be at risk of defecting (and I have been thinking about it).

If I were NW, my algorithm would take the following into consideration (in ASCENDING order of importance):
- elites who used to fly a lot and don't
- elites who fly on CO a lot
- elites who live close to a CO point of presence
- elites who fly routes that CO also serves with the same or fewer stops.

Does this correspond to what people have been seeing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.