Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LIH

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2012, 9:24 pm

ES had about 10 vehicles, mostly SUV's and a couple of Mazda's. We grabbed a Hyundai SUV. The agent in the lot was helpful and very friendly.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 1:47 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by SirReadsAlot
ES had about 10 vehicles, mostly SUV's and a couple of Mazda's. We grabbed a Hyundai SUV. The agent in the lot was helpful and very friendly.
Picked up this afternoon 7/2 at 5 pm, very friendly agent but lot was very sparse, several Mazda 6 (took one) Hyundai SUV, fird crown vic,at the end was a ford edge which I would have liked but didn't want to argue. Ea was Mazda 6 & Ford Fusion. Others on lot was a minivan, 2 jeeps (4 doors) and 2 Chrysler Sebring / 200 conv.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 2:02 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Picked up last week and got an Impala LTZ with 10K miles off the Emerald Aisle, which was full. There were a couple of SUVs at the far end, as well as the usual assortment of Dodge Chargers and Nissan Altimas. Didn't notice if there were any other goodies there, but I needed a fullsize, so the Impala was a good find for me.

Agent met us in the lot and got our paperwork ready at the booth while we were loading the trunk.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:05 pm

Rented here over Thanksgiving. Upon arrival at about 10 AM there was only about 2 full size vehicles in the aisle. I asked for an SUV but said they didn't have any. I saw two trucks at the end (not in the aisle) and they checked if there was a reservation on them. Ended up leaving with a 4x4 Nissan Frontier.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:39 pm

Hi, I am renting at LIH in January. What category should I reserve to get a minivan (most preferable) or an SUV? I don't see minivan as one of the categories/choices. I do have a free upgrade coupon and EC membership but no Executive status, usually pick up form Emerald Aisle.

thanks!

Last edited by Nyurka; Dec 30, 2012 at 12:07 am
Old Dec 30, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: Yes.
Originally Posted by Nyurka
Hi, I am renting at LIH in January. What category should I reserve to get a minivan (most preferable) or an SUV? I don't see minivan as one of the categories/choices. I do have a free upgrade coupon and EC membership but no Executive status, usually pick up form Emerald Aisle.

thanks!
Midsize should work if you're willing to take a chance that there's going to be an SUV or Minivan in EA. I'm going 1/6, so will update what's avail on a sun afternoon.

UPDATE: Just got back. Arrived at LIH around 1:30. Had choice of two convertibles (charger or mustang), jeep, mid suv, minivan.

Last edited by econjon; Jan 15, 2013 at 11:26 am Reason: Updated avail
Old Jan 15, 2013, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by econjon
Midsize should work if you're willing to take a chance that there's going to be an SUV or Minivan in EA. I'm going 1/6, so will update what's avail on a sun afternoon.

UPDATE: Just got back. Arrived at LIH around 1:30. Had choice of two convertibles (charger or mustang), jeep, mid suv, minivan.
Hi, thank you for the the update. I am arriving at the same time this coming Sunday. Were mid-suv and minivan part of the Aisle selection that you could take with intermediate reservation?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:44 pm

Programs: Yes.
The suv's etc. were avail to me as exec aisle selection. Don't know if avail w/out status
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:49 pm

Ok, last-minute check on the sightings of SUVs in the Emerald Aisle (non-Executive selection). I have one midsize reservation and one for an actual SUV and need to drop one. Difference is only $50 but i'd rather save them if i could
Old Jan 26, 2013, 1:32 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Not a frequent National customer but have Executive through Platinum. I'm looking to book 4 days (Wednesday-Sunday) in June, would prefer an SUV/Jeep but not that strong of a preference. It sounds like there's a decent chance of being able to pick an SUV even if I book midsize? Is there any incremental value in booking Premium or Luxury?

Midsize/Standard SUV are running $200, Premium is $145, Full-Size is $130.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:15 pm

Just got back from Lihue, rented with National at 1 pm on Sunday.

I had kept two reservations, one for intermediate SUV and one was regular intermediate vehicle from Emeral Aisle (I am not an ES member). The Aisle did not have any SUVs at the time we arrive (maybe not at all?), there were a couple of hyndai sonatas and a few other sedans. Jeeps, vans, SUVs were available elsewhere on the lot, both in specific spots and in the Executive Selection.

National employee Jana was extremely accomodating. I asked if we could take an SUV in with a regular intermediate reservation and she said it wasn't a problem, just asked for DL to go and start processing the rental in the booth. I promptly canceled my SUV reservation and happily drove off in a Nissan Rogue.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 2:23 pm

Programs: Costco Club
Got back from Lihue, reserved a mid-size, regular aisle had:

2 or 3 Impalas, 2 or 3 Malibu's, 1 Mazda 6 and 1 Hyundai Sonata (which I took).

This was midweek.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 6:48 pm

Programs: Alaska; Kimpton; SPG
extremely sparse

1pm Tuesday June 11. 3 Impala only. A few other cars scattered around, but they were being held for people who'd paid for them, according to an agent. Same agent said that they could give only a one size upgrade, even to executive level members.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 7:58 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Picked up around 1pm today. Location is far from the airport (relative to the others).

Needed a minivan so that's what I reserved. Picked up a 2013 Grand Caravan with around 10K miles.

ES stalls had a Challenger, a Camaro, a Charger, and an Impala ('13).
EA stalls were all Impalas ('13)

Overall, seems like the vehicles (in general, not just National) on Kauai are older and higher mileage. Saw quite a few rental Town Cars still in service.

---

Edited 6/30/13: dropped off the Grand Caravan. Lot was full of Impalas in both the EA and ES stalls.

Last edited by qs933; Jun 30, 2013 at 6:26 pm
Old Jul 8, 2013, 2:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
July 4 pickup - not many options, but they had some Camaro's (not at 4.30/gal), Chargers, and a couple new Altimas

This location has always had pretty slim pickins', but they are very friendly and work with Elite customers to find a suitable car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.