FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   National | Emerald Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club-424/)
-   -   Cars at LIH (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club/899624-cars-lih.html)

drzoidberg Dec 15, 2008 6:01 pm

Cars at LIH

Redirected from BETA:

Not a great selection in the ES aisle: Impalas, a Saturn Vue, and a Sebring ragtop. I spoke with the attendant and was shown a Sebring hardtop convertible with less than 6K miles. I took it although I wasn't looking for a convertible.

LGA Dec 22, 2008 8:28 am

On the entire lot, there were no Toyotas (they're apparently not part of LIH's fleet) or any "treats" like an S60, so I cancelled and went to Hertz.

retsef Dec 28, 2008 8:43 am

Originally Posted by drzoidberg (Post 10913126)
I spoke with the attendant and was shown a Sebring hardtop convertible with less than 6K miles. I took it although I wasn't looking for a convertible.

Sweet!!!! How was the trunk space with the convertible top down? Big enough for 3 carry-ons?

BETA Dec 29, 2008 10:33 am

Originally Posted by retsef (Post 10973228)
Sweet!!!! How was the trunk space with the convertible top down? Big enough for 3 carry-ons?

No way!! Maybe two will fit.

zachary Jun 15, 2009 10:11 am

Any updates on this location? I'm renting here in about 2 weeks.

I assume that you simply board the shuttle and pick out a car if you're Executive here. I saw a post on another thread that indicated otherwise, but I think that was before they opened their EA here.

BETA Jun 15, 2009 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by zachary (Post 11910323)
Any updates on this location?
I assume that you simply board the shuttle and pick out a car if you're Executive here.

You are correct! The last two times I was there, Nov 08 and Mar 09, pickings were slim on the EA and they offered me any car on the lot.

gooseman13 Jan 8, 2010 3:21 pm

Rented here on Jan 2...got to the lot, there was an emerald aisle, but guess what, NO CARS in it! We camped out next to a red mustang convertible and asked if we could just take that instead. They said it was fine, the women was very chatty and friendly and right before we left made a big point of asking me how good her customer service was.
Well come to find out she never actually wrote down what car we took, so National had been trying to get in touch with us for three days to find out. When we returned the car they couldn't fix it right away so the counter gal just initialed the rental agreement for me and told me it would be the final price...of course come to find out they ended up charging me for an extra day, so now I need to go back and get that fixed.

ctbk Feb 12, 2010 12:17 pm

Any Minivans or SUVs w/ Third Row Seat?

I know the ES aisle at LAX gives a variety of options ranging from convertibles to minivans. What about the ES aisle at LIH? Do they offer vehicles that will seat 6 (minivans or SUVs with a third-row seat)? I'm planning a family trip to Kauai and need something spacious.

BETA Feb 12, 2010 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by ctbk (Post 13378949)
I know the ES aisle at LAX gives a variety of options ranging from convertibles to minivans. What about the ES aisle at LIH? Do they offer vehicles that will seat 6 (minivans or SUVs with a third-row seat)? I'm planning a family trip to Kauai and need something spacious.

I wouldn't count on it! I get there a couple times a year, and I don't recall seeing many six seaters on the ES aisle. Also, since Enterprise recently took over half of the former National lot, there are fewer National rental vehicles available.

drzoidberg Apr 7, 2010 9:52 am

Anyone rent from here recently?

Also, any idea of what passes for a Premium reservation here?

bdjohns1 Apr 9, 2010 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg (Post 13726407)
Anyone rent from here recently?

Also, any idea of what passes for a Premium reservation here?

Rented in February. First time renting with National at LIH, so I was confused on the procedure:

For Emerald Reserve (what I had since I booked a Standard SUV), you walk to the exit booth to get the keys for your car (apparently, they're all locked).

Got an XTerra.

roder Jun 29, 2010 8:53 am

Would I be better off with a Luxury or a Convertible Rental at LIH? Using free day coupons and I'm torn between the two.

Really would prefer a convertible but I'm not a fan of the Mustangs or Seabrings (really wish they had some Volvo C70's there)

What should I realistically expect if I reserve a Luxury?

Bishope2 Jun 30, 2010 3:25 pm

Well, all I know is that when I arrived at around 1:30 pm I had one convertible, a sebring, to choose from. It had over 25,000 miles, it was filthy looking from the red dirt and it was a base model. They told us that we could call in the morning to see if any other convertibles (sebring or mustanf) were available and we could swap out. Well, we did call the next morning. Not to see if there were any convertibles available but that our check engine light came on.

When we arrived to swap out, we had a choice of 3 sebrings to choose from. We took the one with 25,000 miles but it was the cleanest looking. In addition, it was a luxury model sebring.

As for luxury models at LIH I didn't see any. To be honest, I wasn't paying much attention.

roder Aug 19, 2010 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by roder (Post 14213438)
Would I be better off with a Luxury or a Convertible Rental at LIH? Using free day coupons and I'm torn between the two.

Really would prefer a convertible but I'm not a fan of the Mustangs or Seabrings (really wish they had some Volvo C70's there)

What should I realistically expect if I reserve a Luxury?

Ok, So I never really got a real answer--- so I made reservations for both :rolleyes:

My plan was to get to the location and see what they had, then cancel the reservation I didn't want.

I am also planning on using free days, so made both reservations as paid, and figured i would either call EC Customer Service or Whip out my Laptop/Aircard to modify the reservation to apply the free days once I decide.

Any flaws to my plan? Other than holding an unnecessary reservation?

peteropny Aug 19, 2010 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by roder (Post 14512398)
Ok, So I never really got a real answer--- so I made reservations for both :rolleyes:

My plan was to get to the location and see what they had, then cancel the reservation I didn't want.

I am also planning on using free days, so made both reservations as paid, and figured i would either call EC Customer Service or Whip out my Laptop/Aircard to modify the reservation to apply the free days once I decide.

Any flaws to my plan? Other than holding an unnecessary reservation?

Modifying may not work if the car category you end up wanting is "sold out" - I've run into the situation where I couldn't even add my flight info to a reservation / or move it backwards by 2 hours.