Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SJC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2013, 3:25 pm

I'm flying into SJC every week now, just with a base Em Aisle membership for now. I can't remember what I the first week, but there are regularly Jettas with < 10k on them that are acceptable.

I drive a manual Volvo C30 normally and don't really want to drive bigger and bigger automatic transmission cars. I'd rather the rental companies trick out some smaller cars instead. So I'm not looking forward to my impending status upgrade. The last thing I need to do is drive a tank around.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I have found a fair number of Volvo S60s around, although these have been Premium (sometimes found on Exec Select). The EPA classifies them as Compacts; try the back seat, or look at the optional spare in the truck, to understand why.

Part of the attraction of Emerald Aisle service is picking your car. If everything on the Exec Selection is too big, self-downgrade. There's often a Kia Soul (standard size) or Nissan Sentra (midsize) sitting unloved somewhere.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, National Executive, Alaska MVP
Has any one seen any full size SUV at this location lately? in the Execute Aisle?
Old Mar 20, 2013, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
I was there last week and I didn't see any full-size SUVs on the EA or ES. Granted, it was Tuesday mid-morning so the selection was pretty well picked over. I did see a small SUV in the ES (not sure which one), but otherwise lots of Impala sedans!
Old Apr 7, 2013, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
More and more disappointed with this location's selection, despite the fantastic staff that service the greeter desk. ES was almost 90% Chevy Impala and Nissan Maxima. There was also a Ford Taurus Hybrid, one 300, a Jeep Liberty and a couple other nameless cars. The EA was even worse, so I won't go into detail on that -- the best car I saw there was a VW Jetta (only 1).

Premium selection was disappointing as well, with only a Ford Taurus and a 300 on offer. A Cadillac and Infiniti FX, despite being parked under Premium, were both luxury with the offer to charge me $25 more per day. There was a Mercedes C-class parked in the Intermediate section, but me thinks that was an oversight (it was locked).

Otherwise, the whole lot was awash in Chevy Impala and Nissan Maximas. Sigh.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, National Executive, Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
More and more disappointed with this location's selection, despite the fantastic staff that service the greeter desk. ES was almost 90% Chevy Impala and Nissan Maxima. There was also a Ford Taurus Hybrid, one 300, a Jeep Liberty and a couple other nameless cars. The EA was even worse, so I won't go into detail on that -- the best car I saw there was a VW Jetta (only 1).

Premium selection was disappointing as well, with only a Ford Taurus and a 300 on offer. A Cadillac and Infiniti FX, despite being parked under Premium, were both luxury with the offer to charge me $25 more per day. There was a Mercedes C-class parked in the Intermediate section, but me thinks that was an oversight (it was locked).

Otherwise, the whole lot was awash in Chevy Impala and Nissan Maximas. Sigh.
was this today? Did you see any Full Size SUV on the lot? i'm picking up next sunday. I hope my luck will be better.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 12:29 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
There was also a Ford Taurus Hybrid, one 300, a Jeep Liberty and a couple other nameless cars.
Do you perhaps mean a Ford Fusion Hybrid? There is not a hybrid version of the Ford Taurus.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:59 pm

Thursday evening ... Basically the same selection as last time, with a few more 300s on the ES.

Luxury and Premium were better stocked, with BMW 3-series, several Infiniti G37 and Camaro's.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 11:27 pm

Well-stocked luxury aisle at 6PM on Monday with Cadillacs, a BMW 3-series and some Infiniti FX crossovers. I was surprised to see two Infiniti QX SUVs parked in the SUV section, but I'm guessing those don't just go to any SUV reservation!

EA and ES were sparse. ES had it's typical stock of Chevy Impalas and Nissan Maximas as well as some Kia Optimas. There was also one minivan and one Ford Edge.
Old May 2, 2013, 11:24 pm

Thursday late afternoon ... Notable cars on the ES included a Suburban, Dodge Ram, a Ford SUV and (of course) Impalas and Optimas. There was also one Genesis. On the EA, I did notice a couple VW Jettas.

On the luxury aisle were mostly Cadillac XTS sedans and Infiniti FX35 SUVs. One G37 in the Premium aisle.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 2:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
What are the chances of any SUVs in the EA on a Friday evening/night ?
Old Jun 1, 2013, 9:21 pm

In my experience, decently good chance on the ES if you get there earlier in the evening before the weekend crowds descend. As for the EA, I would put the chances below 50%.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by poser
What are the chances of any SUVs in the EA on a Friday evening/night ?
As for the EA, I would put the chances below 50%.
FWIW, the ES was nearly 100% SUV ~10:30 am today.

One thing I like about this station is they're pretty accomodating to Elites; try asking if they'll give you one (and try the adjacent Enterprise lot, too).
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:27 pm

Yeah, I was through there today as well. EA had some smaller SUVs today too as well as a couple minivans. But I think you tend to see this earlier in the week, but they get snapped up by the summer crowds on weekends.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 3:50 pm

Programs: United MP, National EE
Picked up a car last night (Saturday evening). EA/ES were completely full but nothing particularly special -- a couple of small SUVs, two Fusions, a few Nissans, and the rest was the normal lot.

I ended up taking a 2014 Mustang with 17,xxx miles and working satellite radio that was parked along the wall near EA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.