Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChasingSunset
I showed up at 3PM this past Sat at LAX...nothing on the Isle or Exec but waited until a sweet (but out of state) Volvo V70 pulled up. Luxury row now sports G35s and i saw ~12 Mercedes C300s on the lot - really sweet w/ sunroof, etc.
I personally think LAX has the best car selection of all the National locations in the US. Can't wait to get my hands on a Benz!
Old Jan 23, 2009, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by shpatel
I personally think LAX has the best car selection of all the National locations in the US. Can't wait to get my hands on a Benz!
Wow, LAX sounds amazing. If only all locations were like that.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL GE
Fast turnover!

LAX has people coming and going it seems 24/7!
Old Jan 23, 2009, 9:37 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by pragakhan
Fast turnover!

LAX has people coming and going it seems 24/7!
Lots of trans-pacific pax have a day to kill in LA between connecting flights and renting a car is the best solution. Thus a lot of 8 hour car rentals at LAX (and many cars returning between 6 pm and midnight -- unlike most locations). There is a huge rush-hour at LAX between 10 pm and midnight, which surprises some people.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 8:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC GLD, MR PLT, SPG PLT, National Exec.
Just picked up a car last night. Emerald Aisle had 3 Volvo S40's while the Executive Selection had noting to write home. They both had the Toyota Highlander which I ended up with because I am shuttling large boxes around while I am down here.

Also what is up with the Check Engine lights always coming on with the cars you pick up in LAX and ONT locations. In he last two months I have had about 6 rentals and all but one the Check Engine or Change Oil lights were on.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 9:19 am

Programs: US Silver; WN A-List; Marriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
What do they have on the Convertible row, anything decent?
If you are Executive, can you pick up a car from the convertible row for the same rate? I usually book mid-size and many locations often have convertibles in the ES row but I have never seen this at LAX.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 3:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by Diamondback
If you are Executive, can you pick up a car from the convertible row for the same rate? I usually book mid-size and many locations often have convertibles in the ES row but I have never seen this at LAX.
I just meant to ask what they carry for convertibles at all, either seen in the EA/ES or in the Convertible Emerald Reserve section. I'd likely just pay the droptop rate to guarantee it, I'm just wondering what they carry.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 3:52 pm

Programs: DL: GM, UA: Gold, HH:Gold PC:Platinum
I've rented from National Emerald Club lane at LAX 3 times in the last year and had a Chevy Impala twice, and a Dodge Journey (BORING) once. I cant go down mulholland drive in a Dodge Journey! The Impala handles it quite well though
Old Jan 28, 2009, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE
I picked up a Charger on the Exec Aisle last Friday. I walked past a Mustang on the regular aisle to see what was on the EA, but it got snapped up before I could hustle back
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP; AC 100K
So I'll be at LAX tomorrow night at 9pm. I got a reservation (I'm Executive) for a full-size. Any SUVs at LAX on the EA, or should I just priceline it to get it?
Old Jan 29, 2009, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by daru1
So I'll be at LAX tomorrow night at 9pm. I got a reservation (I'm Executive) for a full-size. Any SUVs at LAX on the EA, or should I just priceline it to get it?
In my experience, there is almost ALWAYS a ton of SUVs in the executive selection. Mostly the smaller types - Chevy Equinox, etc.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 5:26 pm

i concur...i've seen larger SUVs (Outlook / Acadia) but that is the exception, not the rule. i would be a little concerned in that a number of the suvs get taken on Fri afternoon by families bound for Disney...With that said, i wanted an SUV there two weeks ago and was about to settle for a Taurus (bleh) but they pulled up a V70. Has anyone had success playing the 'Executive' card and asking them to wash / bring up a different class?
Old Feb 6, 2009, 11:31 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Emerald Aisle: LAX 2/3/08 (Tuesday nite 10PM).

Used my free day coupon with drop off at LGB. Aisle was full of cars. Minivans, Impalas, many others. Had at least 2 Toyota Prius and picked the one that wasn't smoked in. Didn't have time to look at what all was there. 2 Aisles full of cars.

Prius was nice ride and averaged 59 mpg with a light foot. Took a side trip and turned in car with 115 miles on it. Used about 2 gallons of gas. ^

I dislike the $10 LAX contract fee plus $1.83 in taxes. All in was $11.83)
Old Feb 6, 2009, 3:35 pm

Okey. So I also need some advice on the availability of cars at LAX. My requests are for SUVs with a proper 4x4 (we are going to Utah and expect some snow driving). The std. SUV lists a Trailblazer (not really my kind of car and I suspect most of those are not 4x4). What else is there to chose from and which of those has a proper 4x4? Will need to pick it up late Sunday in the end of February (but might adjust if this is a horrible time)

Thanks in advance...
Old Feb 7, 2009, 7:46 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The Trailblazer does have "proper 4x4" which is fine for snow driving -- but it isn't off-road capable (no rented SUV would be except for maybe Hummers H2/H3). Toyota Highlander is also quite nice and readily available. Not sure of the LAX percentage, but about 50% of SUVs seem to be with 4WD so it is fairly common. If you are doing serious snow driving, check the tires and pick your vehicle based on the tires. That is probably a much bigger factor than which SUV you choose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.