Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at ATL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by sixsixsixtynine
Look to be all Georgia or at least southeast-plated, I don't see a front plate in the bunch!
Every now and then, a car from VA or even TX will make it into the line. But otherwise, a front license plate is unlikely.

Old Aug 23, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: Marriott, United, Enterprise
Originally Posted by plagwate
Every now and then, a car from VA or even TX will make it into the line. But otherwise, a front license plate is unlikely.

Thanks! (I was going to look for such a map someday :-) )
Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:20 am

Programs: LH SEN*, HHonors, IHG
Hello, any chance to grab a Camaro, Mustang or Challenger from the EA on Sunday 3 p.m. in ATL?

Will be Exec after this rental, so ES will not yet be available to chose from...
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:52 pm

Programs: Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by LNZflyer
Hello, any chance to grab a Camaro, Mustang or Challenger from the EA on Sunday 3 p.m. in ATL?

Will be Exec after this rental, so ES will not yet be available to chose from...
Not on the EA aisle in ATL. Usually a Challenger will end up in the ES later in the evening when the stock lightens up, but hardly ever in the EA.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond National Executive, Avis Preferred
Executive in ATL yesterday at 9:15 AM, brand new Impala LTZ right at the front of line,
love the chrome mirrors that tip you off, nice road car for a full size rental instead of all the other Altima's in the line
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Auditdi
Executive in ATL yesterday at 9:15 AM, brand new Impala LTZ right at the front of line,
love the chrome mirrors that tip you off, nice road car for a full size rental instead of all the other Altima's in the line
I'm almost surprised they're on the aisle at the moment. We actually got a call from National a couple days ago because they want us to turn the one we have at the moment in because of service needed because of the recalls that are currently on it.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by piper28
I'm almost surprised they're on the aisle at the moment. We actually got a call from National a couple days ago because they want us to turn the one we have at the moment in because of service needed because of the recalls that are currently on it.
I think Enterprise/National are having the recalls performed as the VINs come up in stages... until a particular car's VIN comes up in a staged release, it stays on the road. I came across this in DCA when I was told an Impala LT was the only PCAR in the place, while an LTZ sat to the side waiting recall work. I asked why I could take one and not the other and they said "that one hasn't come up for the recalls yet, but it will".
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Any need to rent a minivan to get a minivan or will renting a full size as an Exec be good enough? I need a minivan or SUV that can seat as many as possible this weekend. Any updates lately on sighting in EA and ES is much appreciated.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Wednesday, 10/15/2014, 9:00AM.

Executive Selection, all three aisles of it, was virtually empty. There were two vehicles in the ES...a 2015 Tahoe with 8k miles, and a Hyundai Sonata. I took the Tahoe.

I took a panoramic photo of it. I'd never seen the National lot that empty before. I'll try and upload it later.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
ATL was a disaster this morning.

I realize it was 10:00AM on a Monday morning, but the rental car terminal, and specifically the National lot, was an absolute disaster.

There were 4-6 cars lined up at each check-out station, which backed traffic up into the Executive and Emerald Aisles.

The entire area was designed poorly in that cars being put into service enter the parking area from the same area/direction that cars being rented leave.

The Executive Aisle had 3 minivans, a Chrysler 300, and a Chevy Traverse on it. The first minivan I picked didn't have USB/110V power, and the Bluetooth wasn't working. The 300 was locked and the agent said that was a "luxury" car, despite being parked in the middle of the Executive Aisle and not being marked as Luxury. I ended up in the Traverse.

There was a line of Tahoes/Yukons parked behind the Executive Aisle that were unavailable. I've been able to get a Tahoe or Yukon in each of my previous visits to ATL.

When I finally pulled out of my spot, there were a half-dozen people roaming the Executive and Emerald aisles looking for vehicles. Agents were holding up cars exiting to allow new cars to be brought in. Unfortunately, holding up exiting cars prevents parking spaces for the incoming cars from opening up.

Why is ATL such a poorly run station? I've had multiple emails to the station manager about poor service, inept agents, etc. On two consecutive visits, the counter agents would attach my reservation to a different EC number, requiring a 20-minute phone call to fix.

Traffic onto I-285 was backed up 1.5 miles into the rental car terminal. This isn't National's fault, but why aren't the lights synced up, or why is there only one lane of right turns from the rental car terminal to 285? Seems like a horrible design.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Sunday 11/23/14 around 4 pm: ES was well stocked, heavy on Chrysler products with one Durango, a couple of Ram pickup trucks, a Charger and a Challenger. Also two Ford Fusions (both Titanium), one Camry SE and a few 2015 Hyundai Sonatas.

I'm currently driving a 2015 Sonata with 4,000 miles or so on the odo and loving it. This car feels big and wide, almost like a Charger but I'm averaging 33 MPG in mixed city/highway driving, and enjoying the XM radio.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 8:03 am

Picked up GMC Acadia on 11/29. There was anything special in the aisles ( Executive ) All Full size SUV were holding for reservations only. I had to return due to low oil like 6% and I was heading out of town. So i had to make a trip back down to the airport. This is the second time pickup an Acadia this has happened. The last time I did a swap out in Myrtle Beach.

Currently in a 2015 Tahoe LTZ with 4 wheel drive. This is the best one yet for me. Sandstone exterior with a toffee colored interior. I picked it up on 11/30. The front charger does not work nor do the ones behind the center console.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
I got a Mini Countryman out of ES at ATL a few weeks ago. It was an interesting car to drive (and one I haven't seen in ES before), but I wouldn't recommend it due to the fact that there's no right armrest for the driver. It also isn't very powerful and doesn't have very much space. Worth it for the weekend though I suppose.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:40 am

picked upTahoe LTZ 1/23

The lot was completely full. I had never see it that full before.

Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, National Exec, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, SPG Gold
Also got a nearly new Tahoe from ATL a few weeks back and found the front console USB didn't charge my phone. I wonder if this is a common problem (or design fault)?

Arrived on a Tuesday late afternoon. EC and ES were bare, less than a dozen cars and all getting snapped up fast. The Tahoe arrived and I quickly nabbed it. Very nice vehicle, USB charging aside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.