Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 600 BA Avios for taking a survey

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I got the merry go round and no survey thing. I cancelled the account and re-sign up but with no luck.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Unlike jetBlue and United which post immediately after completing the survey, British Airways takes 2-3 days.
They appear to sweep on Tuesdays.

Separately, I hoped to log September Avios last night, did the qualifying section, got to 90-something percent of the survey, and was told, "This survey is not for you ... you have been entered ... "

Last edited by Firewind; Sep 2, 2015 at 3:05 pm
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Do you do the "follow-up" surveys?

Seems that this company is doing a lot more cross-checking -- first within surveys, where they ask the same question in reverse and if one's answer doesn't exactly jibe, they ask for confirmation. Now, I'm getting surveys that say...

We greatly appreciated your participation in our recent survey. In continuation, we would like to ask you a few more questions about the same subject.
...and ask several of the same questions, and again, sometimes a reverse version.

...And I'll cop to being a neophyte in comparison with you who do dozens of these (including the UA 300-600 one) per night if it accounts for my question. Thank you.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:34 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Sometimes you get the follow-up because there were technical problems with a few questions with the original survey. The other day, I did a survey where the radio buttons were clearly messed up on one question. Then today, the first survey that came up was the corrected version of that single question from that survey so the radio buttons worked right. So the same credit (25 Jet Blue miles in this case) for literally three mouse clicks as for a survey I could be spending 8-10 minutes on.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 7:44 am

Thank you, beachmouse. I have encountered the apparently malfunctioning survey, as some have noted above -- full stop. But the follow-up surveys have been a repeated series of questions. And I can't remember what I've said before -- e.g., my exact ranking of financial institutions, and how warmly I felt about them the first time.

Has anyone ever had their Avios or miles retracted because the company was dissatisfied with the member's responses?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Sorry, please try another survey…

We take answer quality and account security seriously. Unfortunately we are unable to record your participation in this survey. This can happen if you rush your answers, your answers do not match your profile data, you are not in the designated country you signed up in, or you or someone in your household already participated in this survey.
Anyone got this? Is that because I don't have a brit IP? Or because I made a "mistake" in my replies?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:19 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Firewind
They appear to sweep on Tuesdays.

Separately, I hoped to log September Avios last night, did the qualifying section, got to 90-something percent of the survey, and was told, "This survey is not for you ... you have been entered ... "
No sweep. My Avios consistently post 48 hours after they are earned with this program.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I wonder if I heard nothing because I signed up from a German IP address and my BAEC account is based in the UK. That would sort of make sense. But, as I wrote in another thread, I barely have enough time to spend on these survey things anyway.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Enthilza
Anyone got this? Is that because I don't have a brit IP? Or because I made a "mistake" in my replies?
It's something that just kicks up from time to time with the SSI surveys. Annoying as heck, but not a sign you've actually done anything wrong.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:37 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Originally Posted by beachmouse
It's something that just kicks up from time to time with the SSI surveys. Annoying as heck, but not a sign you've actually done anything wrong.
That's weird because since I joined, I've never been able to complete an actual survey. I get those screening questions then I have the page with

Earn 600 Avios for your first survey complete in 7 minutes!

Thank you for joining Rewards for Thoughts!

Take Survey!

*Avios Travel Rewards Programme and British Airways Executive Club have no responsibility for the content of the surveys you may receive and does not share views expressed during survey participation.
And when I click the Take Survey link, I ALWAYS got that "Sorry, please try another survey…" page

EDIT: I finally manage to take one. I cleaned my cookies and actually clicked on the "Participate now by clicking here " link in the email, not the "Take this survey now" like I did previously. No idea what trick did it, but I got my 600 Avios survey. Now I'll see if they appear in my non-UK BAEC account.

Last edited by Enthilza; Sep 5, 2015 at 4:21 am
Old Sep 7, 2015, 6:07 pm

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. Today, we're surveying nappy-buyers, and we want to learn about your shopping preferences. Your feedback is very important to us.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
No sweep. My Avios consistently post 48 hours after they are earned with this program.
We could both be right.

But, and I mean this separately, all mine (three) of the past week, albeit with their true different dates, showed up yesterday. One I did Wednesday.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 5:49 am

Do we need to keep them interested? No invitations in seven days. Up to September 9, I was getting at least one a day. I let three go by, intending to rest until October.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
No luck here.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:51 pm

I learned that I'd violated the terms & conditions. I don't know of anything I did differently between my first and last surveys. I wrote to ask why. A week later, I received a very nice letter from customer service that said they'd look into it. It's been another week without a word. All the Avios that I earned remain.

Originally Posted by Firewind
Do we need to keep them interested? No invitations in seven days. Up to September 9, I was getting at least one a day. I let three go by, intending to rest until October.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.