Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Earn up to 30,000 Starpoints [App must be APPROVED by 9.4.2012]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
Just wondering if what number to call to get approval expedited?
I put in an app today for an SPG Biz card (30K points offer). I had an SPG Business card in the past, but had canceled it in April 2011. I got a notice on the website to call to see if I could be approved. And I also received an email to call.

There was a reference number that I was told to provide when I called.

The phone number given on the website was: 800-221-4950

The phone number in the email was: 888-826-3471

The rep asked just a few simple questions:
- I am self-employed and have a legitimate business.
- I use my SS# and do not have a separate EIN for the business.
- My business is for profit (it's not a non-profit).

I was approved.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 6:24 pm

Thank you so much! Called the second number and was approved for the business card over the phone!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
It seems that everything else is posting as 'SPG AX Default" (first spend and threshold spend as well)
Odd. My referrals are posting as "SPG AX MGM - CONSUMER" while my business card first spend posted as "SPG AX 1ST PURCHASE OPEN (SW)".
Old Aug 27, 2012, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by audio-nut
Odd. My referrals are posting as "SPG AX MGM - CONSUMER" while my business card first spend posted as "SPG AX 1ST PURCHASE OPEN (SW)".
Hmmm. I'm almost 3 weeks in since a referral confirmed approved and still no bonus. Is it time to SM? Or am I being impatient?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by akcae
Hmmm. I'm almost 3 weeks in since a referral confirmed approved and still no bonus. Is it time to SM? Or am I being impatient?
Either u get it within 10 days or u have to call and request it manually.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:49 am

what does this mean?

I applied and got this message:

Currently, our systems are not responding. Please try again later or call us at 1-800-519-OPEN (6736) to apply for a Card. We apologize for any inconvenience.

To learn more about other flexible solutions you can use to manage and grow your business, please return to American Express OPENSM.

I wonder if they did a credit pull on me? Is there a number to call to check on status? I'd like to know if my app went through despite this message. IT took a long time checking and even got me through pass the to add additional cardholder.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 1:20 am

I posted this in the SPG forum, but this might be the better place. So I tried doing the business referral, but I think it only does the personal referral. Can someone help me do a business referral? thanks
Old Aug 28, 2012, 3:50 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by leftpinky
I posted this in the SPG forum, but this might be the better place. So I tried doing the business referral, but I think it only does the personal referral. Can someone help me do a business referral? thanks
U need a business SPG card to do a referral for a business card. Doesn't seem like u have one.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:20 am

Data point - applied last night and received the "your application is pending further review" message. I called in an was approved immediately with no questioning.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:36 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Mine 3 "! Even 10 K points as statement has not closed yet.
Though my wife has met the $5K spend, the amex statement closed after $3k posted before the remaining $2k went from pending transactions to posted.
But has already received the full 30K spg bonus. ^

For the spend balance, spg posted an additional 10K to the account but a redeem of 7k as well to make it balance out. When the next amx statement closes the remaining 2K spend should transfer over. Nice the 30k is already there
Old Aug 28, 2012, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by hqly2001
I applied and got this message:

Currently, our systems are not responding. Please try again later or call us at 1-800-519-OPEN (6736) to apply for a Card. We apologize for any inconvenience.

To learn more about other flexible solutions you can use to manage and grow your business, please return to American Express OPENSM.

I wonder if they did a credit pull on me? Is there a number to call to check on status? I'd like to know if my app went through despite this message. IT took a long time checking and even got me through pass the to add additional cardholder.
Same thing happened to me and bunch of other FT here if you read earlier in the thread. If the AMEX system is not responding, they cannot complete your application, likely they did not pull your credit.

Go here: www.americanexpress.com/applicationstatus to login with your SSN and billing zip code to check the status.

When my first application didn't go through, I tried it again 30 minutes earlier and it went through without a problem the second time.

For a company as big as AMEX, these type of errors should not happen.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 8:57 am

We have both the business and personal SPGs, but it won't give us the option for either the SPG business or the PRG business. can anyone help?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by audio-nut
Maybe they fixed it going forward, but not retroactively. I just checked and my personal card points is still being listed SPG AX Default, whereas my open card is (as you've said), "SPG AX 1st Purchase OPEN". In any case, I'm glad as it helps me to differentiate which card the points are coming from.

I am also glad that the points are being posted quickly, and not at "statement closing" date, as is the case for many other issuers.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by gv111
Either u get it within 10 days or u have to call and request it manually.
SM sent, reply stated it will post in 6-8 weeks.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:27 am

Just curious...anyone who referred on 8/7 or 8/8 get their referral bonus yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.