Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
I have BA Silver sent to EMIRATES AND AIR CANADA. Emirates sent me said they will match the one below gold . but 3 months no reply sent too many emails still saying me to wait. AIR CANADA Hello,

I am pleased to confirm that we've matched your status to Altitude Elite 35K, which will entitle you to many privileges, such as Priority Airport and Reservation services, eUpgrade Credits, Star Alliance Silver recognition, and many more. Your status will become effective in our systems within 72 hours and you will be invited to choose your Select Privileges by logging in to altitude.aircanada.com.

Kindly note that we will not match your status again in the future. Going forward, you will be required to meet the published qualifying criteria in order to reach Air Canada Altitude status.

With kindest regards,
Air Canada Loyalty Marketing

emirates Thank you for your email regarding your Skywards tier status.

We do appreciate your choice to fly more frequently with Emirates, however we are unable to offer you the Skywards Gold on this occasion.

Emirates Skywards currently offers tier upgrades only to the next higher Tier. Your current Skywards tier is Blue, please let us know if you would like us to review your request for the Silver status.

Thank you for your understanding and support of Emirates.

Yours sincerely,

Kwin de Guzman
Skywards Member Services
Old May 10, 2015, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by stuart_f
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer

I applied for a Gulf Air status match around 3.5 weeks ago but have had nothing back and status is still blue. Has anyone waited longer than this?

First emailed 31 Mar, followed up 14 Apr. Didn't get a response to either email and I'm still Gulf Air Blue. I guess they don't want my business.
I got matched last year and it took about 4 weeks. I also sent a followed up email after 2 weeks without getting any response. Then without any further chasing, I received an email confirming my Gold status about 4 weeks after I applied.
Someone told me there were some national holidays during the time, so it might explain the reason for taking so long.
Old May 10, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Originally Posted by alpenrock
I have BA Silver sent to EMIRATES AND AIR CANADA. Emirates sent me said they will match the one below gold . but 3 months no reply sent too many emails still saying me to wait. AIR CANADA Hello,

I am pleased to confirm that we've matched your status to Altitude Elite 35K, which will entitle you to many privileges, such as Priority Airport and Reservation services, eUpgrade Credits, Star Alliance Silver recognition, and many more. Your status will become effective in our systems within 72 hours and you will be invited to choose your Select Privileges by logging in to altitude.aircanada.com.

Kindly note that we will not match your status again in the future. Going forward, you will be required to meet the published qualifying criteria in order to reach Air Canada Altitude status.

With kindest regards,
Air Canada Loyalty Marketing
How long did it take for AC to reply? I sent them a request what seems like forever ago and I've heard nothing back!
Old May 13, 2015, 5:20 am

Does anyone know any updates regarding Status Match at China Airlines? I have already sent an e-mail with the request, but have not heard back from them. How quickly do they usually respond? I have a CA flight in two weeks and would like to be able to use the lounge at airport.
Old May 13, 2015, 5:45 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
China airlines status match

You'll find updated information on statusmatcher.com
My idea is that China airlines does not match as easily as before and it takes some time. 3-4 weeks in my own case.
Old May 13, 2015, 6:10 am

damn! oh..well it was just for the fun anyway. I don't really need the status for my one TPE-HKG flight, which probably also is my only SkyTeam flight this year ;-)
Old May 13, 2015, 6:17 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
They will ask for the proof of the upcoming, booked, paid travel with them.
Old May 13, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
so I applied to UA Mileage Plus for a status challenge as I know they don't match outright and I got the confirmation email saying i'd received the trial status upgrade. as i'm due to fly in the next 24hrs on *A I went to do the online check in only to find that my profile does not reflect my supposedly matched status

I called Mileage Plus and they say they cant see anything on their end yet they were the ones who sent me email confirmation in the first place!! now I've had to forward the email (as a .jpeg attachment) to try and prove my case in the hopes that they'll pull their finger out in time for me to get on the flight tomorrow and enjoy the supposed benefits!!

needless to say, if you're going to do the status challenge with UA, make sure you've actually got the status reflecting in your account and don't rely on the email they send confirming!!
Old May 14, 2015, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jms_uk
They will ask for the proof of the upcoming, booked, paid travel with them.
That's China Airlines? I thought the primary purpose of a status match was to encourage you to switch and try the airline.

I applied about 2 1/2 weeks ago by email and have heard nothing.

Is there another viable Skyteam airline for a status match? I'm basically looking for lounge access and perhaps better coach seat assignments. I have the necessary status with Star and Oneworld, but nothing with Skyteam.
Old May 17, 2015, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL
Requested a match from TK Elite, and received a Top Bonus Gold in less than a day.

Fantastic customer service. Have a few Oneworld flights coming up where I can use the elite access
That sounds awesome. May I ask how you contacted AB and what documents you submitted?
Old May 17, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by iahphx
That's China Airlines? I thought the primary purpose of a status match was to encourage you to switch and try the airline.

I applied about 2 1/2 weeks ago by email and have heard nothing.

Is there another viable Skyteam airline for a status match? I'm basically looking for lounge access and perhaps better coach seat assignments. I have the necessary status with Star and Oneworld, but nothing with Skyteam.
I can confirm that you won't get a status match from China Airlines without a booking.
As for other Skyteam airlines, AFAIK the only option is DL, but it's a status challenge. I just successfully applied for it and got status for 90 days.

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
That sounds awesome. May I ask how you contacted AB and what documents you submitted?
You have to send an email to "service at topbonus.de" with a front and back scan of your current status card. That's it. They accept all non-OW cards and usually reply within 24 hours.
Old May 17, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by JohnRain
I can confirm that you won't get a status match from China Airlines without a booking.
As for other Skyteam airlines, AFAIK the only option is DL, but it's a status challenge. I just successfully applied for it and got status for 90 days.
Which are the terms of the DL challenge?
How many miles do you have to fly?
Can be flown also with other members of the alliance or only with DL?

Thanks
Old May 17, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by KiteM
Which are the terms of the DL challenge?
How many miles do you have to fly?
Can be flown also with other members of the alliance or only with DL?

Thanks
You have to fly 12,500 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or 15 Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) on flights operated by Delta or Delta Connection.
Old May 17, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by JohnRain
You have to fly 12,500 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or 15 Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) on flights operated by Delta or Delta Connection.
Thanks
Old Jun 15, 2015, 8:21 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Is there currently any fast-track way to gold status on any non-OW airlines? I recall Sky Team used to have a deal where you could take one flight with them to automatically get status but not sure if it's still around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.