Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: TK M&S
Hi there,

I am TK Miles and Smiles Elite Plus member, and in December I will be flying with Malasia Airlines couple of times ( 5 return tickets within Asia ) so I want to use lounge of MH.

But I have no one world status at all, My question is , which One World airlines program match is easiest to get a lounge access for my Elite Plus card status?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by Hoppala007
Hi there,

I am TK Miles and Smiles Elite Plus member, and in December I will be flying with Malasia Airlines couple of times ( 5 return tickets within Asia ) so I want to use lounge of MH.

But I have no one world status at all, My question is , which One World airlines program match is easiest to get a lounge access for my Elite Plus card status?
Air Berlin - Topbonus.

They should give you Gold Status with no problem for a few months. That means OneWorld Sapphire status which would get you in to basically any business class lounge on your trip.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
AirBerlin topbonus status match

This is my experience for requesting status match to AirBerlin topbonus (Gold) program.

I sent my TK M&S Elite+ card copy and my last statement on M&S with an e-mail ([email protected]).

Returned answer below:
Dear Mr. E+,

Thank you for your e-mail.

To join a statusmatch we need a booking reservation from the next 6 weeks. Please let us know your airberlin booking reference (PNR) or the ticket number mentioned on your boarding pass. Thank you.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: United 1k
Changing UA 1K to Delta

Wanted to see if some of you experts can help me out. I am a long time UA guy based in Seattle with 1.5 million miles and long time 1K. I do appreciate the domestic upgrades but they are never nonstop anymore. My regular routes are Seattle to Honolulu, Guangzhou, Qingdao, and Shanghai.

My China trips are solo and HNL are with wife and son. UA gives the spouse 1K and my son sometimes gets the upgrade.

I see that Delta does not give the spouse benefit and not the Systemwide's. I have not had much luck using systemwides in the past. My biggest concern is that if I make the change they will match me to a 75k level and that I may not get upgrades nearly as often. Any experienced comments on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff
Old Sep 30, 2014, 2:15 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Status match to Star Alliance

I'm BA Gold. I'm flying tomorrow with Air Canada and next week with United.

Will any Star Alliance airlines match my status? If so, is it possible to get it done same/next day?
Old Sep 30, 2014, 2:37 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by driveswith
...If so, is it possible to get it done same/next day?
Give it a month next time.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 2:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
Give it a month next time.
Thanks Pbody. Might fly next month too. Which airlines will match my status?
Old Sep 30, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 1/MM SPG gold, CEO: Grandmother of 4
Annoyed with my AA status match!

On Sept 3rd, send in all my info (UA !K) to AA for a status match(no mention of challenge) at the suggestion of one of their CSR. Within 48 hours, I noticed on my AA account that I was now EX. Plat., thought how nice and so quick. I never received any communication from AA. Since I am booked for the next few months on UA, could only manage to book a short flt on AA..... flown AA about 3 flts in 3years. Yesterday(Sept. 29th), received pgk from AA with membership card expiring Dec. 2014, the ONLY communication since applying.
Called their customer service desk and was told I had to fly 25,000 before Dec.3rd to maintain status! Never asked and was never told about the challenge match, knew something about it from FT, but was never offered or discussed, not would I accepted it!
What a bummer......no way that I can meet the challenge. Any thoughts? Thanks for "listening" . Safe travels, on whatever airline. Ms. Steppie
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by driveswith
Thanks Pbody. Might fly next month too. Which airlines will match my status?
Turkish. If you read through the last few pages there's plenty of instructions.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by KATERGOO
Aegean gold is relatively easy to get (20000 miles), very easy to keep (one flight over 3 years).
Not from November. All the thresholds are being revised.

See the thread in the A3 forum.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:00 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Anybody out of those who succesfully matched to China Airlines willing to share the e-mail address you used?

I would like to match my OWE.

Thanks a lot
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Levered using my Flying Blue Gold card...

Matched to Turkish Airlines Gold. Took a week or two. Two years of status.

Matched to Air Berlin Gold. No reservation required. 12 months of gold Status. Email sent on a Sunday and they replied within an hour (?!) and I was matched.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 5:01 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by Airframe
Not from November. All the thresholds are being revised.

See the thread in the A3 forum.
You are right. I am still OK with the new conditions imposed for requalification, as I normally fly to Greece and Asia twice a year.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
Levered using my Flying Blue Gold card...

Matched to Turkish Airlines Gold. Took a week or two. Two years of status.
When did you apply?
Old Oct 12, 2014, 2:09 am

Hi,

is there a chance of getting a status match from my LH Sen to BA silver or Gold? If it is possible do you know a mail adress I can request the match?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.