Search

I have discovered the new "MINT". no joke. need advice before posting

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLATINUM
I have discovered the new "MINT". no joke. need advice before posting

Please advise first.

People usually ruin these deals. Is there a special thread/web page where only discrete people interact? Also i am worried about putting it here, because arent the CC companies reading this?

I know I have not contributed much, but this is GOLD. Please experts advise me on my concerns. Please understand, this will be as big as the mint and nobody has a clue.

NO PM"S untill i get sage advice from OLD timers.

I have used this method 9 times flawlessly for 9000 miles last month alone. I may be willing to chat with a senior moderator

I just want to make this clear...... Moderators, if I am lying or misrepresenting, please ban me forever fromn this site...

Last edited by CUSO; Mar 16, 2012 at 6:16 pm
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Your concerns are valid. Cant argue on that. PMs are the way to go. You can setup something discrete on some collaboration site.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:45 pm

hopefully someone credible can vouch for this "NEW MINT", until then, I too have discovered the new mint as well. No PMs until I'm ready.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:48 pm

As much as it pains me to say as a relative newbie, depending on how good the deal is, your concerns are valid.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:49 pm

Programs: MR, SPG, IHG, HH, CC, AA, UA, BA, DL
PM is the way to go. If it really works the way you say, everyone will jump on it and the sudden surge of activity/interest is more likely than not to kill it.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:51 pm
xp0

And even in PMs I would proceed with caution just handing out the golden goose. Coded speak can lead to different outcomes which results in different ways (sometimes better) to achieve the end goal.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:52 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by CUSO
Please advise first.

People usually ruin these deals. Is there a special thread/web page where only discrete people interact? Also i am worried about putting it here, because arent the CC companies reading this?

I know I have not contributed much, but this is GOLD. Please experts advise me on my concerns. Please understand, this will be as big as the mint and nobody has a clue.

NO PM"S untill i get sage advice from OLD timers.
You might consider posting it for 30 minutes, starting now, and then delete your post. Everyone promises on the threat of permanent banishment from Flyertalk not to copy and paste your thread. The people who read your post can try it out and provide feedback. I know I sure would appreciate it. You could even set up a paypal account for others to get your compensated advice once the initial readers let everyone else know if it works.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by Andy2
You might consider posting it for 30 minutes, starting now, and then delete your post. Everyone promises on the threat of permanent banishment from Flyertalk not to copy and paste your thread. The people who read your post can try it out and provide feedback. I know I sure would appreciate it. You could even set up a paypal account for others to get your compensated advice once the initial readers let everyone else know if it works.
Good suggestion. +1
Old Mar 16, 2012, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL
I think coupon connection as part of this forum would be such a place, but it takes awhile to have access to that board. As others mentioned, pms for the time being may be the way to go.

Originally Posted by DrSifu

hopefully someone credible can vouch for this "NEW MINT", until then, I too have discovered the new mint as well. No PMs until I'm ready.
Well I discovered the real Mona Lisa is my basement. Proof is in the pudding, folks. With that said, I'd love if you PM me to tell me the secret when ready. I am not a spy, even though fairly new, still.

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Good suggestion. +1
+2. We can see that you are still online. We're waiting.

Compensation is a great idea! IMHO
Old Mar 16, 2012, 6:12 pm

By the way, even though skeptical, if legit, I am more than happy to help get you compensated by telling others to ask you.....
Old Mar 16, 2012, 6:15 pm

People usually ruin these deals.
A very valid concern. If you're not sure the deal can withstand the abuse of hundreds of FTers and lurkers I would suggest sharing with only a few people you know at first.

I have used this method 9 times flawlessly for 9000 miles last month alone. I may be willing to chat with a senior moderator
Even with that sample size I'd be cautious unless you have some indication that the strategy can be maintained.

I had a mint-like discovery a year ago but probably went a little too hard, too fast (20 "transactions" for 20k miles in 2 months) and had the loophole closed by the local bank. Admittedly it was not a big, national institution so I probably should have been a bit more cautious. That said, these things usually require some delicate handling with the mint being one of the exceptions that withstood a prolonged pounding by the masses.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 6:15 pm

Seriously if it is that good of an idea, tell no one, burn it as much as you can for as long as you can.

You think you're being as discreet as possible...How can you guarantee that one of the 3 people you share the secret with won't tell his cousin, who tells her coworker, and soon enough NPR is doing a report on it?

As much as I would love to know your secret, keep it to yourself. I've done the same with mine, and hope to keep using them as much as possible. I'm often tempted to share it with those who have helped me out of a jam, but again, there is no guarantee that 6 months from now I won't be shut down because of that.

Treat it like a treasure map, why would you share a map to buried treasure with anyone only to have one-eye'd willie steal it from you...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.