Improved UA Explorer card offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Improved UA Explorer card offer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2012, 5:20 pm

Chase/United MP Explorer -- 50k first use bonus + 10k for $25k spend

I don't know if this is the rumored "new" Chase/United offer that was postponed, but just got the email today (I'm not an elite with United; my prior offers were for the 40k bonus):

You'll earn 50,000 bonus miles after your first use of the MileagePlus Explorer Card.1,2 Then, spend $25,000 or more in a calendar year and earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles.3 That's up to 60,000 bonus miles!

You'll also earn two award miles for each $1 spent on United and Continental® ticket purchases and one award mile for each $1 spent on everything else.3

Plus, enjoy two passes to the exclusive United ClubSM every year - just for being a cardmember.6

Apply by January 31, 2012.

Enjoy these great benefits and more.

• 50,000 bonus miles after your first use of the Card2
• 10,000 bonus miles when you spend $25,000 on your card in a calendar year3
• First checked bag free on United- and Continental-operated flights (a savings of up to $100 per roundtrip)4
• Priority boarding to let you board your United flights ahead of general boarding5
• Two United ClubSM passes each year6
• No annual fee for the first year - a $95 value*
Old Jan 3, 2012, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA
Just got the same thing. I have no status on United but lots of status with Chase.

When I'm logged into MileagePlus, I see the 60K offer here:

https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPYoureIn60kAFW.aspx

When logged out, the page shows a 40K offer with otherwise identical perks.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UA
I just got an email with the same offer, no status with United.
I closed a Chase United back in 2009, wonder if I can qualify for this offer (1st time United cardmember only ??)
Look like it's a great offer, 50K miles after first use.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 6:26 pm

This is good to hear. It looks like Chase is opening up the 50k Flood gate for the Explorer card.

Bring it on.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Originally Posted by jato
Just got the same thing. I have no status on United but lots of status with Chase.

when I log into the UA website i only see the 40k offer..but when i log in and click on your link then i see the 60k offer...tempting...too bad I just got the marriot card last week..
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:43 pm

Found a way to trick United to get the 60K bonus rather than 40K

First login to your United Mileage Plus account on united.com.

Most see an offer for 40K for signing up to the Mileage Plus Explorer card. Rather than clicking on that link, click on the link below.

https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPEl...NS9_XXD_110719

As long as you are logged in and have not previously clicked on the 40K link, the 60K offer will pop up in a new window. If you click on the 40K link you need to log out and log back in.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by andysiz
I don't know if this is the rumored "new" Chase/United offer that was postponed, but just got the email today (I'm not an elite with United; my prior offers were for the 40k bonus):

You'll earn 50,000 bonus miles after your first use of the MileagePlus Explorer Card.1,2 Then, spend $25,000 or more in a calendar year and earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles.3 That's up to 60,000 bonus miles!

You'll also earn two award miles for each $1 spent on United and Continental® ticket purchases and one award mile for each $1 spent on everything else.3

Plus, enjoy two passes to the exclusive United ClubSM every year - just for being a cardmember.6

Apply by January 31, 2012.

Enjoy these great benefits and more.

• 50,000 bonus miles after your first use of the Card2
• 10,000 bonus miles when you spend $25,000 on your card in a calendar year3
• First checked bag free on United- and Continental-operated flights (a savings of up to $100 per roundtrip)4
• Priority boarding to let you board your United flights ahead of general boarding5
• Two United ClubSM passes each year6
• No annual fee for the first year - a $95 value*
I got the same email and I have no status on UA. The complication is that I just got approved mid Nov 2011 for the 40k CO Mastercard with 25k on first transaction and 5k to add authorized user, 10k for 25k spend.

Is there any chance I can bump my existing card to this one?
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by dabearz73

Most see an offer for 40K for signing up to the Mileage Plus Explorer card. Rather than clicking on that link, click on the link below.

As long as you are logged in and have not previously clicked on the 40K link, the 60K offer will pop up in a new window. If you click on the 40K link you need to log out and log back in.
Seems to work. I just logged on to my MP acct. and then came to this page and clicked the above link & got the 60K offer. Too bad Chase won't issue me another card. I had to fight "tooth & nail" to get my INK BOLD card approved today. But I succeeded.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 9:23 pm

Not working for me

I have the old United MP Select card, when I clicked on that link, it took me to the https://www.theexplorercard.com/ECM/Catalog.aspx page with the title: Chase United Mileage Plus: Existing Card Members. So, does that mean I cannot get the new ME card?
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:56 pm

FWIW, both links above redirect me to the 40k offer, and in MP I also still only see the 40k offer. No status in MP yet, but my CO status should be matched soon.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:01 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Love the infographic explaining the benefits:
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by jato

Worked for me, instant approval for myself and the wife. With this plus the Fidelity offer I'm going to be sitting pretty with United for 2012.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:48 pm

As someone who was:

1) declined due to existing high (combined) credit lines with Chase

then two months later..

2) declined on a different card for too many new accounts with Chase in the past 6 months

Be sure to contact their credit department to propose a counteroffer. I have found them to be very flexible and understanding once you give a good explanation and agree to lowering credit limits on existing cards and/or closing one or more, and don't use the cards only for one-time use bonus.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:13 am

I have no status with United, but I followed the above instructions and saw the offer for 50,000 miles after first purchase. I logged out of United (was going to check my husband's account) and it automatically took me to the 40,000 mile offer. But the United page was still showing me logged in. Then I remembered he only has a Continental account, so I created a United account for him (in another browser), transferred miles to United, and clicked on the above link and the 50,000 mile offer popped up.

Since I was still logged in to United in Chrome and Firefox in my name, clicked on the above link and it took me to the 40,000 mile offer (since attempting to log out had taken me to that offer and it was in my history). Cleared cache and cookies, tried again, and got the 50,000 mile offer again. Applied and instantly approved (my last Chase application was for the Sapphire Preferred 7 months ago).

My husband had a Chase denial for too many Chase accounts that he chose not to appeal 2 or 3 months ago; I hesitate to check the box "Do you have any prior bankruptcies, current delinquent accounts, or previous credit denials from Chase" since he has great credit history. Does checking the box send it into the queue for manual review or have more sinister consequences?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by birdseye

My husband had a Chase denial for too many Chase accounts that he chose not to appeal 2 or 3 months ago; I hesitate to check the box "Do you have any prior bankruptcies, current delinquent accounts, or previous credit denials from Chase" since he has great credit history. Does checking the box send it into the queue for manual review or have more sinister consequences?
I left it unchecked and it processed my app just fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.