Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2012, 5:40 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
There is no arrivals lounge in MUC, so the choice is between breakfast on the plane or in the First Class Lounge. However, if you are flying on LH415 it may be a little late for breakfast in the lounge by the time you arrive in MUC. First Class breakfast on LH is very nice but I agree about the short flying time.

As you enter the First Class Lounge there is border control within the lounge. After breakfast (or lunch) you just go downstairs and leave the lounge on the lower level and you are in Germany.

After your day at the Kempinski you can return to the First Class Lounge as long as it's on the same day. Enter the lounge on the lower level, go upstairs and hand your passport to the border police. Leave the lounge upstairs.
I forgot about the time change - yes I'm on LH415. So, I think I'll just eat breakfast on the plane and then crash at the hotel, as I want a formal breakfast. I'll eat my lunch (relative to US time) at FCL when I return for my evening flight then.

Pretty cool with the immigration setup there!

Thanks for the info.

Last edited by Wiirachay; May 25, 2012 at 10:31 pm
Old May 26, 2012, 9:06 pm
mjm
Original Member

Quick question/advice request.

Flying NRT-ZRH-FRA-VIE-ZRH-NRT

The long haul is in F the Euro stuff is in C (as that is all they have).

At FRA on the outbound to VIE, what lounge would you seasoned FRA travelers recommend? I assume I am only entitled to C Lounge (or whatever the equivalent is called in LH's world) as the true F leg is not until I get to ZRH.

I note that carry on policy for LH/LX is the the class of service on which the majority of the journey takes places shall apply. As that is F I get the carry on policy associated with it. I am wondering if the same extends to lounge policy?
Old May 27, 2012, 12:43 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mjm
Quick question/advice request.

Flying NRT-ZRH-FRA-VIE-ZRH-NRT

The long haul is in F the Euro stuff is in C (as that is all they have).

At FRA on the outbound to VIE, what lounge would you seasoned FRA travelers recommend? I assume I am only entitled to C Lounge (or whatever the equivalent is called in LH's world) as the true F leg is not until I get to ZRH.

I note that carry on policy for LH/LX is the the class of service on which the majority of the journey takes places shall apply. As that is F I get the carry on policy associated with it. I am wondering if the same extends to lounge policy?
Which European flight is on the same day as the longhaul flight in F? If you are flying FRA-VIE-ZRH on the day of your departure from ZRH, you can use the FCT or FCL in FRA. If the FRA-VIE flight is not on the day of your departure from ZRH, you only have access to a Business Lounge in FRA unless you have *G status. Access to the First Class Lounge/Terminal is possible on the day of arrival/departure in F (on LH/LX).

BTW, the same carry-on policy applies in F and C.
Old May 27, 2012, 4:22 am
mjm
Original Member

Arigatou!

The FRA-VIE is not on the same day, I have 2 day layover on VIE. Then VIE-ZRH-NRT. I do have Star Gold though. So if that is the case which lounge do yo recommend for me. It seems there are a few choices in FRA.

M.

Which European flight is on the same day as the longhaul flight in F? If you are flying FRA-VIE-ZRH on the day of your departure from ZRH, you can use the FCT or FCL in FRA. If the FRA-VIE flight is not on the day of your departure from ZRH, you only have access to a Business Lounge in FRA unless you have *G status. Access to the First Class Lounge/Terminal is possible on the day of arrival/departure in F (on LH/LX).

BTW, the same carry-on policy applies in F and C.
Old May 27, 2012, 5:00 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mjm
Arigatou!

The FRA-VIE is not on the same day, I have 2 day layover on VIE. Then VIE-ZRH-NRT. I do have Star Gold though. So if that is the case which lounge do yo recommend for me. It seems there are a few choices in FRA.

M.
Since FRA-VIE is a Schengen flight the obvious lounge is the Senator Lounge by A26 - often over-crowded and not the best lounge in FRA. Sometimes the Business Lounge nextdoor is less crowded and more pleasant. Some flights to VIE depart from B Schengen bus gates in a lounge-less area of T1. Some people go to the non-Schengen Senator Lounge by B42 which is considered the best Senator Lounge in FRA and not too far from Schengen bus gates. It involves going through passport control twice (out of Schengen & back into Schengen), security once or twice and persuading border control to let you go into non-Schengen to visit the lounge - but it has been done.

There is no First Class Lounge in VIE at present (OS does not have F) but there are rumours that one may open when the new Skylink terminal extension opens (in June?).
Old May 27, 2012, 5:32 am
mjm
Original Member

Since FRA-VIE is a Schengen flight the obvious lounge is the Senator Lounge by A26 - often over-crowded and not the best lounge in FRA. Sometimes the Business Lounge nextdoor is less crowded and more pleasant. Some flights to VIE depart from B Schengen bus gates in a lounge-less area of T1. Some people go to the non-Schengen Senator Lounge by B42 which is considered the best Senator Lounge in FRA and not too far from Schengen bus gates. It involves going through passport control twice (out of Schengen & back into Schengen), security once or twice and persuading border control to let you go into non-Schengen to visit the lounge - but it has been done.

There is no First Class Lounge in VIE at present (OS does not have F) but there are rumours that one may open when the new Skylink terminal extension opens (in June?).

Great info thank you!

OK, will plan to arrive at the airport with not a lot of lounge time then.. Back in FRA in Aug (SQ flight to JFK) so maybe the B42 lounge then That ticket is only in C. And back via VOE then too so maybe the new lounge will be open then.

Really appreciate the i nfo. Feel very equipped now. :-)
Old May 27, 2012, 6:09 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, BAEC Gold
SEN renewal - until when?

Hi,

I have SEN status card until Feb/2013 and I just made my first renewal of it, as I recently surpassed the 100k thresold (120k status miles in 2012 as of now).

The website still says I have status until Feb/2013. When will it change? when will I receive the eVouchers? and, most importantly, until when do I have SEN status with this renewal?
Old May 27, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by flozano
Hi,

I have SEN status card until Feb/2013 and I just made my first renewal of it, as I recently surpassed the 100k thresold (120k status miles in 2012 as of now).

The website still says I have status until Feb/2013. When will it change? when will I receive the eVouchers? and, most importantly, until when do I have SEN status with this renewal?
The status on the website wont change yet, though you have now requalified until Feb 2015. You should rceive two eVouchers around November.
Old May 27, 2012, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flozano
Hi,

You should receive a new card and 2 eVouchers around November 2012. The expiry date in your account used to change as soon as you requalified but since the system "upgrade" the date only changes when (or after) you get a new card "to avoid confusion". Your status will be extended until February 2015.
Old May 27, 2012, 7:32 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, BAEC Gold
Ok, thanks a lot MichielR and NewbieRunner!
Old May 29, 2012, 6:54 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Is K class non mileage earning?
Old May 29, 2012, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
I believe with LH every revenue ticket class earns miles. The amount of miles is another story...

There is one thread about K class here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-than-m-m.html

K gives miles, a simple test LHR-FRA-EZE return in K gives you:

http://www.meilenrechner.de/php/meil...FRA~LHR~LH~E~K
Old May 29, 2012, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
If you are asking about LH flights and M&M programme, K class earns 500 miles on domestic flights, 125 miles on European flights and 500 or 50% of distance on intercontinental flights.

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002
Old May 29, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: LH FTL
Hi all,

My first post here on FT

Just a few questions regarding my upcoming trip:

I will be flying BRU-FRA-JNB-CPT, roundtrip. The JNB-CPT segment is with SA; the rest are with LH. Outbound: Next day arrival in JNB. Inbound: Next day arrival in FRA.

I was wondering:
(1) Upon checking in at BRU, will I receive my boarding pass for the JNB-CPT segment already? If not, when/where would I get it?
(2) At CPT, shall I go to LH or SA to check my luggage in? And which boarding passes will I receive?
(3) I am a lowly FTL with LH, traveling on a W fare. Would I be able to access any lounge in JNB?

Thanks in advance!
Old May 30, 2012, 4:14 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by tuckersphi
(3) I am a lowly FTL with LH, traveling on a W fare. Would I be able to access any lounge in JNB?
Welcome, tuckersphi!

According to the M&M website, you don't have any access. However, last year I was flying JNB-ZRH with LX (I'm also a FTL), and upon check-in I was given an invitation to the lounge.

I don't know whether this will work for you too, though, as LX is a bit more generous than LH...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.