Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]QR Business (R) SGN-Various USA/EU/South America from $553 USD RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: platbrownguy
Original premium fare deal was for QR J class travel, originating in Vietnam (SGN and HAN) to several destinations across the Americas, Europe, and Africa. Travel period 8/2017 - 3/2018 inclusive, RT fares in the USD 500 - 700 range (USD $0.05 base fare).

Reports have now been circulating that all held, non-purchased fares have been canceled by the airline. Some held and then purchased fares were also canceled, but several reports indicate at least some of those have been re-instated.

For more information on flying Qatar Airways, visit the FT forum: Qatar Airways | Privilege Club. This thread in that forum is especially useful: Qatar Airways Forum Dashboard.

This wikipost is intended to help us better understand if there are any trends (by route, travel date, and/or held/ticketed status) in these cancellations. In all entries, please include: outbound or inbound departure date, origin-destination, original ticket status (only *if* "Held" or "Ticketed after Hold"), and current ticket status only *if* your ticket was cancelled ("Cancelled" or "Cancelled & Reinstated").

August HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Aug 05 SGN-Africa - Ticketed after Hold.
Aug 08 SGN-EZE
Aug 13 EZE-SGN
Aug 23 HAN-FRA

September HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Sep XX HAN-GRU
Sep 21 SGN-JFK
Sep 30 SGN-ORD - mster
Sep XX HAN-PHL
Sep XX SGN-JFK
Sep XX SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled & Reinstated.

October HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Oct 03 ORD-SGN - mster
Oct 07 SGN-DFW - mster
Oct 13 DFW-SGN - mster
Oct XX SGN-JNB

November HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Nov 05 SGN-JFK - trapped
Nov 07 JFK-SGN - trapped
Nov 09 SGN-ORD - trapped
Nov 16 ORD-SGN - trapped
Nov XX HAN-PHL - Ticketed after Hold.

December HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Dec 23 SGN-DFW pbg
Dec 28 DFW-SGN pbg
Dec 28 SGN-DFW
Dec XX SGN-DFW

January HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Jan 10 DFW-SGN
Jan 11 HAN-DFW
Jan 13 DFW-HAN
Jan 25 SGN-ORD - Booked via OTA. Davem4 (Happy for SGN meet late Jan)
Jan 31 HAN-ATL - mster
Jan XX SGN-SOF
Jan XX HAN-PHL - Ticketed after Hold.
Jan XX SGN-Africa
Jan XX DFW-SGN
Jan XX SGN-PHL
Jan XX SGN-EZE/GRU - Three RTs.
Jan XX SGN-DFW
Jan XX SGN-DFW

February HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Feb 20 ATL-HAN - mster
Feb XX SGN-JNB
Feb XX PHL-SGN
Feb XX GRU-SGN - Three RTs.
Feb 09 ORD-SGN - Booked via OTA. Davem4
Feb 10 SGN-WAW - Booked via OTA. - Davem4
Feb XX SGN-JFK - Booked via OTA - lcpteck

March HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Mar 01 SGN-ATL - mster
Mar 07 ATL-SGN - mster
Mar 04 SGN-JFK
Mar 19 JFK-SGN
Mar 01 HAN-MIA
Mar 04 MIA-HAN
Mar XX SGN-DFW
Mar XX SGN-DFW
Mar 03 WAW-SGN - Booked via OTA. - Davem4 (Happy for SGN meet early Mar)

Held & Cancelled
Aug XX SGN-FRA - Held. Cancelled.
Oct XX SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled.
Nov / Feb SGN-PHL - Held. Cancelled. (Held ~7:30pm. No record when I went to ticket Monday @8:30am.)
Jan / Feb SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE]QR Business (R) SGN-Various USA/EU/South America from $553 USD RT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:07 pm

Have 3 RTs from HAN to JFK. All ticketed by 11:30pm EST. All still confirmed.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by smitty06
I booked 2 tickets last night. One through Qatar to NYC and another through Vayama to ORD. I thought I would have 24 hours to decide which one I wanted. After finding out, I couldn't cancel the Qatar booked flight (plus QSuites trump having to position), I attempted to cancel my flight on Vayama. They gave me a fit and didn't want to cancel. After over 30 minutes on the phone, they finally relented. Just a cautionary tale for future error fare seekers. You may want to avoid Vayama. Their reasoning was that they are an international company and do not have to adhere to the USA 24 hour cancellation policy. Fortunately for me, their website says "call us in 24 hours for free cancellation".
There's a way around the Vayama mess. I dealt with them way back in 2011(?) for the RGN error and found the right channel. PM me if you need help in the future with them.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:22 pm

As a current data point, my SGN-JFK/DFW-SGN for late Oct / mid Nov is still valid (through MMB/PNR), ~20 hours later. Initially held for about 30-60 minutes, ticketed at 14:29 GMT+10 based on the email confirmation.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Had a ticket for 3 passengers for SGN-DOH-DFW, and DFW-DOH-SGN, purchase was made directly on QatarAirways.com

All 3 tickets were paid for in full, with eticket numbers, an email confirmation from QatarAirways.com saying our tickets were confirmed [with the actual eticket numbers shown-- not just the alphabetical booking reference confirmation/PNR].

Based upon this thread, a few hour ago I went to look at QatarAirways.com to check the status of my reservation. Previously I was able to pull up the reservation-- now QatarAirways.com shows "Your Reservation May Have Been Canceled".

I've contacted Qatar Airways requesting they reinstate the paid, confirmed Business Class tickets, and also put them on notice if they do not comply with reinstating the tickets.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
As mentioned above, I have 1 extant itin and 1 cancelled itin. If nothing can be done about the latter then so be it. I'll wait and see how things shake up in time.

Last edited by Pat89339; Aug 1, 2017 at 12:53 am Reason: Remove deleted quote
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Max M
Had a ticket for 3 passengers for SGN-DOH-DFW, and DFW-DOH-SGN, purchase was made directly on QatarAirways.com

All 3 tickets were paid for in full, with eticket numbers, an email confirmation from QatarAirways.com saying our tickets were confirmed [with the actual eticket numbers shown-- not just the alphabetical booking reference confirmation/PNR].

Based upon this thread, a few hour ago I went to look at QatarAirways.com to check the status of my reservation. Previously I was able to pull up the reservation-- now QatarAirways.com shows "Your Reservation May Have Been Canceled".

I've contacted Qatar Airways requesting they reinstate the paid, confirmed Business Class tickets, and also put them on notice if they do not comply with reinstating the tickets.
Can you give some more specifics on when your reservation might've been cancelled? Also when did you ticket them?

I hope that QR has done all the cancelling of ticketed reservations and there won't be more surprises...

Based on some of the reports I'm leaning towards the theory that tickets issues after a certain time (i.e. 1AM EDT) are getting cancelled
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Max M
If they do not, what?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: United, America
I bought two tickets on 7/30/17 at 10:30 pm EDT. I purchased on the U.S. QR website and did not hold them first. Both are showing confirmed and I selected seats today. They are:

12/10/17 - 1/18/18 - HAN-BKK-DOH-PHL-DOH-BKK-HAN
1/21/18 - 2/3/18 - SGN-DOH-MIA-DOH-SGN
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:16 pm

my instant booking (RT tix SGN-ZRH) made on 9am BKK time yesterday still and hopefully stay alive. Departure in -9d. Return in 2m. Need to come home again
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:29 pm

Two tix booked, SGN to SKP and PHL. Both booked immediately before 02:30GMT and both still confirmed. First departure this week. Have already sorted positioning and visa. Are there ANY reports of tickets paid immediately that are being cancelled? Not including those put on hold for any length of time and paid later. Unless this starts happening, I'm confident of it sticking.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by RioFlyer
I bought two tickets on 7/30/17 at 10:30 pm EDT. I purchased on the U.S. QR website and did not hold them first. Both are showing confirmed and I selected seats today. They are:

12/10/17 - 1/18/18 - HAN-BKK-DOH-PHL-DOH-BKK-HAN
1/21/18 - 2/3/18 - SGN-DOH-MIA-DOH-SGN
That must be the most complicated way I have seen yet for someone to travel between Philly and Miami - classy!

Seriously, one of the best itineraries I have seen so far to make use of two or more these killer fares combined. I doff my hat, Sir! ^
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Three tickets booked with no hold around 27 hours ago, all still active
SGN-DOH-LHR September
SGN-DOH-JFK NOVEMBER
SGN-DOH-ZRH XMAS

received three email confirmations with codes
received two different types of eticket confirmations (LHR and JFK)
received three email requesting credit card verification (and replied to all of them)

Last edited by pl840502; Jul 31, 2017 at 10:39 pm
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:33 pm

Since we all bought tickets at ~$0...what will happen if they over booking the business class and downgrade us to eco cabin...? I dont think we will able to get any compensation as the fare was ~$0...
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jona970318
I hope that QR has done all the cancelling of ticketed reservations and there won't be more surprises...
The surprise will be if all tickets don't eventually get canceled.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:45 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by Jerry Nguyen
Since we all bought tickets at ~$0...what will happen if they over booking the business class and downgrade us to eco cabin...? I dont think we will able to get any compensation as the fare was ~$0...
If a pattern emerged, which we would surely be able to see after sufficient FTers would have been affected, this would be very bad publicity for QR, and therefore a very high risk strategy for them.

I do not think they would go that far, particularly given that they seem to be honouring the Sake-fare tickets to Japan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.