Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] JL/AA: SEL-NYC r/t in F as low as $2,800

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] JL/AA: SEL-NYC r/t in F as low as $2,800

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:13 am

A data point for people trying to change dates.

I wanted to have a stopover in NRT so changed my NRT-ICN leg to 3 days later; everything else about the itinerary staying the same.

This was was done for Sept with my first flight not until May. Called AA and friendly agent got a chuckle from what must be a long itinerary. Went to rate desk for 10-15 mins. Initially told me no reprice, but just before agent going to change ticket, told me there's some minor cost adjustment of $9/pp. Not sure what it's from, but I didn't feel like fighting some minor amount for a desired stopover. Paid the extra cost difference and ticket changed without issues.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:49 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by mbfanos
YES I DID!
As posted a few pages earlier, I did make a date change and it was reissued.

It looks like I hit the jackpot, not only I got 40% EQD but I also got more cabin bonus miles
Wow, alright; so I'm gonna be doing a pointless change just for the sake of getting this re-issued.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by helvetic
Wow, alright; so I'm gonna be doing a pointless change just for the sake of getting this re-issued.
LOL. ^
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by SFO777
LOL. ^
About $3.5k EQD and 15-25k RDM more makes it worth the pain of adding a stopover somewhere so for the sake of re-issuance. It's a gamble, but a worthy one IMO.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: WP
About $3.5k EQD and 15-25k RDM more makes it worth the pain of adding a stopover somewhere so for the sake of re-issuance. It's a gamble, but a worthy one IMO.
Or hope for a schedule change if your flights are not anytime soon
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I assume those who recieved distance based calculation purchased the ticket from Korean site (I bet I am the minority booking from the US site). We flew our outbound and the calculation is revenue based. Curious whether it is simply the booking site that makes the difference, or any ticket change that triggers it. Can you offer your DP?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:26 am

ICN-NRT-LAX-JFK-BOS and I already qualified for Gold
Has anyone tried to drop the last NRT-ICN leg? I really don't want to fly that leg and I need to fly NRT-SIN on OW
Attached Images  
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by mbfanos
ICN-NRT-LAX-JFK-BOS and I already qualified for Gold
Has anyone tried to drop the last NRT-ICN leg? I really don't want to fly that leg and I need to fly NRT-SIN on OW
Haven't flown, but what are your concerns about dropping the NRT-ICN leg? Mileage accrual for the non- NRT-ICN legs shouldn't be an issue since you'll have flown the other legs and have the boarding passes. If you're worried about immigration, just change your NRT-ICN leg to a few weeks later and then never show up for the flight.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
And does the new EQD rates mean it's better to credit to AA than BA with no OW status?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 1:58 am

Programs: QF AA
So JAL have switched JL5/6 (flights to/from JFK) from NRT to HND from 1 April. My booking now shows a 2 hour stopover and airport change in Tokyo ... ugh!
Old Jan 19, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by steveholt
And does the new EQD rates mean it's better to credit to AA than BA with no OW status?
Since BA does not have the equivalent of EQD, and status has no effect on EQD (or EQM) earning, I'm not sure what you're asking.

When crediting to AA, it is often better for EQD to fly BA, but the flip side is you earn less EQM unless you're in full-fare Econ (Y,B).
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by dragonfly10
So JAL have switched JL5/6 (flights to/from JFK) from NRT to HND from 1 April. My booking now shows a 2 hour stopover and airport change in Tokyo ... ugh!
You can't possibly make that connection. Call AA and have them adjust your ticket as desired to make it right,
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:03 pm

You can't possibly make that connection. Call AA and have them adjust your ticket as desired to make it right,
If I don't want to go to ICN, may I take it as an excuse for NO SHOW?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by supisces
If I don't want to go to ICN, may I take it as an excuse for NO SHOW?
Is it your first segment or your last? If it's your first, if you don't fly it, you'll get the rest of the ticket cancelled. If it's your last, you can skip it with no penalties regardless of whether you have an excuse or not—with no adverse effect.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:06 am

Does anyone know if we can change to: i) open dated tickets if not ii) is there a no show fee and if so iii) when is the latest that we can make the changes (eg right up to X hours before first flight departs)?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.