Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] (First): BA, AA : PRG - CUN or MEX $799

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] (First): BA, AA : PRG - CUN or MEX $799

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by flipper747
I have to disagree: employees of the media dept. are well aware of fares available! And 'know nothing' is not an excuse. It was confirmed by BA that this was a really good deal - whether the person pushing the post button was right or authorised to do so is BAs internal affair. For me it's a public confirmation and this was a once of SALE deal!!!
By definition, the "media dept." handles communication - not fares.

Look, the guy did not even realise that the screenshot was not even of the BA website.

If you have one (or several) of these tickets, then the e-ticket that was issued and the confirmation you received still carry a lot more weight than this random, off-the-cuff, tweet. Whether or not all tickets will be honoured has yet to be decided - and it is not the Twitter team that will decide it.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
By definition, the "media dept." handles communication - not fares.

Look, the guy did not even realise that the screenshot was not even of the BA website.

If you have one (or several) of these tickets, then the e-ticket that was issued and the confirmation you received still carry a lot more weight than this random, off-the-cuff, tweet. Whether or not all tickets will be honoured has yet to be decided - and it is not the Twitter team that will decide it.
Well I still can't see how BA could go back on this. If BA employees who deal with fare offers on a day to day basis say this is one of the amazing deals on Sale - how would a lay person know that this isn't just a really good sale offer!?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:24 am

Programs: TK*G (Elite+)
I'm pretty sure that there is external media agency handling the social media account and responding, not the internal BA employee.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Well I still can't see how BA could go back on this. If BA employees who deal with fare offers on a day to day basis say this is one of the amazing deals on Sale - how would a lay person know that this isn't just a really good sale offer!?
If you followed the "Bratwurst" sale last week, then you would know that many BA frontline sales agents first stated that the tickets were fine, and even re-instated cancelled bookings after the cancellations started.

In the end, everything* was cancelled.

Don't delude yourself - some college student working for the summer on the Twitter team is not going to have the final say on whether your ticket stays valid. And that tweet clearly cannot be taken as confirmation of anything to do with any individual tickets (it just says "there are good deals on the website". That can merely be interpreted as saying that there is a sale on - which there is. The screenshot was not of a purchased ticket; it was not even of the BA website. The reply refers neither to the screenshot, the AA website, or the quoted fare/routing).

*there may be a few under the radar.

Last edited by irishguy28; Aug 28, 2015 at 12:43 am
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:03 am

Just checking in!?

Somebody from the german Forum vielflieger is at the airport at prg right now checking in for this flight that was booked yesterday!!!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:07 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
deleted...

Last edited by Culture Guru; Aug 28, 2015 at 1:31 am
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have OLCI opening in about 2h for the same flight from PRG tomorrow, looking forward to seeing how their experience goes. ^
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:30 am

Programs: AA PPro
Somebody from the german Forum vielflieger is at the airport at prg right now checking in for this flight that was booked yesterday!!!
Ballsy. And possibly the way to do it: fly before they can cancel!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:31 am

Programs: SEN, FB PLT, HH,
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Originally Posted by Michael Myshu
yes ur right.. non shenghen... grrrr
I thought German national ID cards were accepted?
Does it really matter where you travel from?

The UK isn't a part of Schengen anyway... as far as I know anyway.
EU ID card is enough to travel in the EU even not shengen but for the OP I'm afraid he will not be able to board if he have bags check-in without valid passport doesn't matter that he fly in EU if the last destination is outside Europe .
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:34 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Simon1
EU ID card is enough to travel in the EU even not shengen but for the OP I'm afraid he will not be able to board if he have bags check-in without valid passport doesn't matter that he fly in EU if the last destination is outside Europe .
Edit: looks like I was wrong ��.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens...n/index_en.htm
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by kauppias
Previously PASSPORT WAS NEEDED for NON schengen travel in the EU!
BS.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
BS.
Passport is still not needed to some places. For example, I can fly to UK (which is outside schengen) with my Dutch ID.

the entire list is here
https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwe...entiteitskaart

(surprised to see, even macedonia and turkey are in the list)
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by kaka
what a plonker...
It's real.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by Michael Myshu
yes ur right.. non shenghen... grrrr
did u manage to cancel, or get your money back in some way?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: EY - Gold, BA - Gold
I couldn't stop laughing when I first read this. Good luck to them and those that venture first. Brave.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.