Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE]BOS-SFO-ICN-SFO-BOS, $1735 ai. United Global First (F)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2014, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tyroner
If you wish to connect with other FTers, please post your dates/itinerary here
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
i've HUACA-ed 5 times, spent 2 hours on the phone, and am no closer to changing my ticket (on which I've already flown the outbound).

Problem is that it was paid for in a foreign currency, and so .bomb shows a fare difference (ca. $300) even though A class is available. This happened before when I changed dates and the rate desk manually overruled it and let me change for free.

Now I'm trying to add a stopover in NRT, and go via ORD instead of SFO. I get that theres a stopover fee and probably some extra airport charges, but because I'm changing the flights the agents keep telling me its because of this that I need to pay (now) $400 extra.

I am wondering whether I should just make the change online for $400, and then contact UA over email to explain why they should only charge me $100. Or by making the change am I accepting to pay whatever difference they want, and then not have a chance in hell of getting any money back?

Appreciate any advice!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Looking forward to my IAD-NRT flight (NH1 ) in 7 weeks. Love to sample the First Square seats and have some Krug
Nice fare; will probably credit to M&M since UA is unwilling to honor the earnings for tickets booked prior to their announcement of miles/$
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat
From what I can determine, the new earnings on this fare for a BOS-SFO-ICN-SFO-BOS:

Mileage Plus (for 1K) ~18k
Miles & More ~50k
KrisFlyer ~25k
Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:35 am

Tryroner, that's what I got for KrisFlyer.

Btw, HUGE thanks to the OP for this amazing deal. I misconnected in IAD and the really nice UGF agents put me on NH. Wonderful flight!
Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
Originally Posted by giggity32
Tryroner, that's what I got for KrisFlyer.

Btw, HUGE thanks to the OP for this amazing deal. I misconnected in IAD and the really nice UGF agents put me on NH. Wonderful flight!
That is a nice mis-connect!
Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by giggity32
Originally Posted by cliburn
That is a nice mis-connect!
+1
That's some upgrade! ^
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:28 am
kkg

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1MM/1k
Originally Posted by ung1
Problem is that it was paid for in a foreign currency, and so .bomb shows a fare difference (ca. $300) even though A class is available.
Why does the currency in which you paid matter? Shall I worry as I paid in Singapore dollars?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by kkg
Why does the currency in which you paid matter? Shall I worry as I paid in Singapore dollars?
I don't know, but it keeps showing me a fare difference both online and over the phone.

Does anyone know the fare conditions in relation to no showing on this? My return is booked for tomorrow but due to an emergency, can't travel. And I don't have 5 hours to try doing this on the phone with them, and it doesn't work tomorrow.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist

I completed most of this trip last year. However, I still have a remaining domestic leg to BOS that I was able to push out after landing at home in DEN. With that said, the date I pushed it to no longer works for me.

I wanted to see what online would (not) let me do, but to complicate matters there's been a schedule change, so before allowing me to try making a change, it wants me to agree to the new schedule.

Question: has anyone who stopped short of BOS changed the date of the final domestic leg?
Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by keloutwest
I completed most of this trip last year. However, I still have a remaining domestic leg to BOS that I was able to push out after landing at home in DEN. With that said, the date I pushed it to no longer works for me.

I wanted to see what online would (not) let me do, but to complicate matters there's been a schedule change, so before allowing me to try making a change, it wants me to agree to the new schedule.

Question: has anyone who stopped short of BOS changed the date of the final domestic leg?
I thought stopovers in the US weren't allowed on this fare.

Btw, after speaking to an agent again, I was told I can change dates as long as I don't change the routing, and then it won't incur a fare difference.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott Platinum, OZ Gold
Connection time SFO 50 minutes

I fly Monday, BOS SFO ICN. I have a short connection time and am connecting to a flight in ICN to CEB so don't want to miss my flight, has anyone had issues with this tight connection. When we booked it was closer to 90 minutes..... THaNKs
Old Apr 10, 2015, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by kellejil
I fly Monday, BOS SFO ICN. I have a short connection time and am connecting to a flight in ICN to CEB so don't want to miss my flight, has anyone had issues with this tight connection. When we booked it was closer to 90 minutes..... THaNKs
Three of us had a tight connection and there was an agent on the jetway with our names. They brought us down to a Mercedes and drove us to the next gate. No problems.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 8:24 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott Platinum, OZ Gold
Originally Posted by tyroner
Three of us had a tight connection and there was an agent on the jetway with our names. They brought us down to a Mercedes and drove us to the next gate. No problems.
THANKS feel much better, weather is forecast good so should be okay!!
Old Apr 15, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I have this as BOS-EWR / JFK-SFO-ICN. Was hoping to SDC onto other flights (within 24 hours of departure) but no options were provided by a phone agent, airport agent, or online, without $X,XXX+ in additional fees. So although UA has kept these reservations, it seems as though they have exempted SDC.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I have this as BOS-EWR / JFK-SFO-ICN. Was hoping to SDC onto other flights (within 24 hours of departure) but no options were provided by a phone agent, airport agent, or online, without $X,XXX+ in additional fees. So although UA has kept these reservations, it seems as though they have exempted SDC.
Online SDC doesn't work when more than two segments are left (unflown) in the direction you're currently going. In addition, the same fare class must be available on all new segments, A in our case. Are you sure the options were, in fact, available?

FWIW, I've done SDC online for the last inbound segment, ORD-BOS. It worked just like it does for any other itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.