Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] TK: WAW-IST-KUL-IST-WAW in business J for ~$900

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] TK: WAW-IST-KUL-IST-WAW in business J for ~$900

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:11 pm

Yes, I saw the AAdvantage rules. Some airlines are more strict about this than others. I guess I was wondering if anyone had any experience, but since MH just joined, I guess not. Are other OW carriers strict or is it a function of the alliance?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by flying MD
TK flights between IST and KUL are operated by the aircraft with the old business class.
Dang!
Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Dang!
You are paying less than Y ticket
Old Feb 5, 2013, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by maclover
You are paying less than Y ticket
True, just wish it was the lie-flat.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by bearteacher
I am just curious if the flights operated by MH metals could earn BA or CX miles after MH joined Oneworld?

Thanks!!
No. To earn in BA or CX they would have to have an MH flight number. The TK flight code makes them non-earning.

As stated upthread, a TK flight operated by MH may not even earn in MH's program - the only program that will definitely earn in this case is TK's Miles & Smiles.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 3:04 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer
This fare has been out and about since the 25th of January (this is when it was filed by TK). I am sure some people knew about it, but have learned that great fares come on FT to die and thus stop posting them here.
Didn't work. It's still there.

As others mentioned, it's mainly capacity related. There's a cycle - people come to FT, they learn, they develop knowledge, hopefully a clique, and no longer feel obliged to help others where they once wanted help. Perhaps they use this knowledge and go off and start a blog, or join another online community!

I feel a bit for Flyertalk here, can't win. Here's another deal (falls in Y, Y+ and C fare categories) that is amazing, first posted on JAN 19th, disappeared a couple of pages down, an error fare with a big airline, yet is still there:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...l-miles-6.html
Old Feb 5, 2013, 3:18 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer
Nope, all TK plated. Nobody seems to have been able to route via SIN either. As IAN-UK said, just keep plugging in the dates and you may still be able to find something.
In case anyone is curious, I've posted a copy of the fare and routing rules via ExpertFlyer here: http://web.mit.edu/mherdeg/www/fares...N1BX-fare.html , http://web.mit.edu/mherdeg/www/fares...X-routing.html

I'm wondering whether that is actually the right fare — sort of a weird restriction on the fare that if it is ticketed before 31 October 2012 it must be on flights operated by TK or LO. I guess that's true, but… read literally and taken in combination with the WAW-IST-SIN-MH-KUL routing, in theory there should be some way to validate WAW-IST (TK) + IST-SIN (SQ) + SIN-KUL (MH). I don't see that happening, though.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 3:21 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Didn't work. It's still there.

As others mentioned, it's mainly capacity related. There's a cycle - people come to FT, they learn, they develop knowledge, hopefully a clique, and no longer feel obliged to help others where they once wanted help. Perhaps they use this knowledge and go off and start a blog, or join another online community!

I feel a bit for Flyertalk here, can't win. Here's another deal (falls in Y, Y+ and C fare categories) that is amazing, first posted on JAN 19th, disappeared a couple of pages down, an error fare with a big airline, yet is still there:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...l-miles-6.html
I think when fares are genuinely capacity-limited, then it doesn't matter. When it's a "proper" mistake, however, the visibility that FT puts on a fare tends to kill it. The RGN fares, the OK BKK fares, etc. etc.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 3:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Didn't work. It's still there
If anybody has been able to get the TH WAW-KUL flights ticketed for the low price of €630 I would be interested in which OTA was used.

I still see the prices but haven been able to get it ticketed with anybody. When selecting the flights the message is that capacity is not available anymore or on the TK site the price is either €6500 or the payment options are not working for the €630 fare.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 3:35 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by RTW1
If anybody has been able to get the TH WAW-KUL flights ticketed for the low price of €630 I would be interested in which OTA was used.

I still see the prices but haven been able to get it ticketed with anybody. When selecting the flights the message is that capacity is not available anymore or on the TK site the price is either €6500 or the payment options are not working for the €630 fare.
I bought&received my ticket a couple of hours ago from onetravel.com.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 3:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks... But the fare seems to be gone.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 3:56 am

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold
try tripsta.pl , worked for me yesterday evening
Old Feb 5, 2013, 4:06 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by RTW1
Thanks... But the fare seems to be gone.
Yes, disabled 30 mins ago. Looks like there is an emergency disable mechanism now available with ATPCO (no need to wait 2 hours [max] when fares load next time).
Old Feb 5, 2013, 4:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Keter
Yes, disabled 30 mins ago. Looks like there is an emergency disable mechanism now available with ATPCO (no need to wait 2 hours [max] when fares load next time).
Yes - it seems this way indeed. They have also updated this line in the routing rules:

PUBLISHED RTG WAW-KUL/TK2002/TAR-EURG EF-25JAN13 DIS-05FEB13

It used to be to infinity before.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 5:06 am

Programs: VS, CO, BA
I got in on the TK fare this morning just in time. Looking at the fare rules it seems I can make date changes to subsequent sectors after flying the first sector with no re-pricing - would you agree?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.