Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] TK: WAW-IST-KUL-IST-WAW in business J for ~$900

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
For those looking to book on TK metal, don't forget that UA isn't very generous with base miles and PQMs on TK in business class: UA accrual chart for TK
Old Feb 4, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Not true. Plenty of the available flights are on MH metal after that day. Some flights on TK, some on MH.
Originally Posted by want2fly4less
I am booked on MH metal for IST-KUL-IST ... I travel from Mid July to early August.
Sorry about that. I pulled several itineraries off ITA and they were all TK. I assumed that the MH codeshare was dead after TK starting flying to KUL directly.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by mosu
TK ''WAW - KUL'' on Kayak 818$ on July --- enjoy it
Are you sure it's still there? Sample dates? The lowest I can see is around $2300. Also, is it RT AI or just OW AI?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
Are you sure it's still there? Sample dates? The lowest I can see is around $2300. Also, is it RT AI or just OW AI?
Yup - its still there at the moment. Dates after June are still widely available. This is RT AI. Have a look on ITA. Booking on an OTA may be easier than on TK website.

Last edited by tcook052; Feb 4, 2013 at 9:18 pm Reason: off topic
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer
Yup - its still there at the moment. Dates after June are still widely available. This is RT AI. Have a look on ITA. Booking on an OTA may be easier than on TK website.

Also, what is wrong with me saying that the fare has been around since the 25th of January? That is when it was filed - as one can easily see on Expertflyer. Nowhere did I state that I knew of the fare back then! Maybe a couple of you should get your facts straight before you offend other posters and post plenty of off-topic comments.
Weird....I tried Kayak and TL but it didn't show up...I did look up the fare rules in EF, it's right there, but for some reasons I can't seem them in TL either.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:05 pm

Weird....I tried Kayak and TL but it didn't show up...I did look up the fare rules in EF, it's right there, but for some reasons I can't seem them in TL either.
I think the availability is becoming scarce. Try Opodo.co.uk. I can still see them there on some dates. eg. 11 Oct - 17 Oct.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
The TK site works well enough - though it can be more than a tad frustrating. A speculative click through from a higher fare can reveal a lower one, but more often there's a devastating switch to 6K euros on the final screen. Patience is required!

And watch out for the MH codeshares in the earlier periods. And long long waits at IST (the lounge is lovely, but the loveliness is likely to fade after six hours).
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:22 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH

Less than an hour after ticketing TK has canceled KUL-IST in MH metal. Probably they gonna rebook it to TK metal, a total of 4 persons in one booking.Departure in October.
I have an airline ticket number but checkmytrip.com does not find my booking by reservation number. Booked through Big O. There was still availability 18-29.6
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer
I think the availability is becoming scarce. Try Opodo.co.uk. I can still see them there on some dates. eg. 11 Oct - 17 Oct.
Phew...Too late to the party. Just got off the flight from CDG. Do you have any luck of getting MH plate numbers on it? ITA fare rule doesn't seem to allow it but I guess it didn't hurt to ask anyway.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:27 pm

Phew...Too late to the party. Just got off the flight from CDG. Do you have any luck of getting MH plate numbers on it? ITA fare rule doesn't seem to allow it but I guess it didn't hurt to ask anyway.
Nope, all TK plated. Nobody seems to have been able to route via SIN either. As IAN-UK said, just keep plugging in the dates and you may still be able to find something.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The TK site works well enough - though it can be more than a tad frustrating. A speculative click through from a higher fare can reveal a lower one, but more often there's a devastating switch to 6K euros on the final screen. Patience is required!

And watch out for the MH codeshares in the earlier periods. And long long waits at IST (the lounge is lovely, but the loveliness is likely to fade after six hours).
MH is really stuck now. If it's MH plate then it will be very tempting. As MH just joined oneWorld, which highly depends on the plate number, I highly doubt you can get any of the miles posted in oneWorld accounts. However, UA actually credits the miles solely depending on the operating carrier, so if it's operating by MH, you can't get miles in UA.

Just a tiny bit of fare rule addition with MH plates on it, then this becomes a wonderful deal. I might still get one of these as I will get to WAW some time in April.

Just a sidenote, I believe LO plate might be possible too, so anybody could try to route it through PEK that might work as well?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL silver and UA silver
Question Can TK8000 and 8001 operated by MH earn BA or CX miles?

I am just curious if the flights operated by MH metals could earn BA or CX miles after MH joined Oneworld?

Thanks!!
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA1K, IC RA, *wood Plt, AA EXP, LH Sen, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, EK Gold
TK flights between IST and KUL are operated by the aircraft with the old business class.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:54 pm

As MH just joined oneWorld, which highly depends on the plate number, I highly doubt you can get any of the miles posted in oneWorld accounts.
Are you saying that if pax provided a AA FF# for the MH flight at check-in, the miles still would not be posted?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Potreroflyr
Are you saying that if pax provided a AA FF# for the MH flight at check-in, the miles still would not be posted?
No, they would not post.

Earn miles when flying on Malaysia Airlines marketed and operated flights for travel on an eligible published fare ticket.

link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.