Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good Deal Premium Fares 2011

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:14 am

stumbled upon yyz-tlv on LO for 2200 ai (though not sure it has anything to do with their current sale).. many dates next few months (all I checked anyway), quick turns too if that's ya thing..

seems like a mileage bonanza netting 53,000 miles with miles and more (with current bonuses) or ~27k miles on most :-: carriers

works out to about 0.04 cpm for a biz fare, which seems damn low

..not the greatest hard product, but considering the price you're getting angled lie-flats to waw and then ghetto biz to tlv

I think free stopovers in waw, krk, etc too..

yyz-waw is also 1800 ai (approx 0.05 cpm with bonuses) up to 37k miles depending on where you credit

*my quick math may be off and it might actually be more than 37k / 53k miles based on the post above talking about 70k from ord
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:14 pm

AA: SFO-MUC $2,297 ai (Thanksgiving fare)

Just looking at some options and saw this. It falls under the category of Thanksgiving special fares, so may have been posted already...

AA: SFO-MUC
SFO - DFW in F (A)
DFW - LHR in C (I)
LHR - MUC in C (D) on BA

On Kayak, 11/21 - 11/26, $2,297.40 ai

With the 10% off AA Certificates I can get at my local Costco, I could be traveliing for less than $2,100.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Not much of a deal compared to how much NW was selling the Z fares during U.S. Thanksgiving holiday for in previous years but DL is selling west coast - BKK in BE for ~ USD 3,600 r/t a/i. I paid as little as $1,500 in the past but gave up at $2,700 3 years ago.

Fare appears to be valid as early as 20 Nov and must return either 1 or 2 Dec.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA EXC PLT, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt PLT, National Car Executive
Originally Posted by Nick C
Great deal. Thanks for sharing. Got myself a flight in early Dec. ^
Deal Dead?
Old Sep 17, 2011, 7:35 am

Re: the MNL-HKG-SFO-YVR $1462 deal on expedia.com

Regarding the MNL-HKG-SFO-YVR $1462 deal on expedia.com which is widely available in 2012. Being able to fly SQ biz class on the HKG-SFO sector is certainly appealing enough to have to go through MNL. The itinerary requires an overnight in SFO. So is it possible to retrieve my checked bag in SFO (because of the overnight stay) and can I possibly skip the SFO-YVR leg without any potential mileage earning losses? Please advise. Thanks!
Old Sep 17, 2011, 7:44 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
You not only can pick up your bags, you must. You have to clear Immigration and Customs at any US border crossing, even if you're on international-international transit.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
You not only can pick up your bags, you must. You have to clear Immigration and Customs at any US border crossing, even if you're on international-international transit.
Oh I completely forgot about that. Thanks!
Old Sep 17, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by alim123
Regarding the MNL-HKG-SFO-YVR $1462 deal on expedia.com which is widely available in 2012. Being able to fly SQ biz class on the HKG-SFO sector is certainly appealing enough to have to go through MNL. The itinerary requires an overnight in SFO. So is it possible to retrieve my checked bag in SFO (because of the overnight stay) and can I possibly skip the SFO-YVR leg without any potential mileage earning losses? Please advise. Thanks!
I just did this exact itinerary yesterday. No problems in getting your bags in SFO. I was able to check my bags directly to SFO from MNL when I checked in with CX. The agent asked if I wanted it tagged all the way to YVR, but I said I needed them in SFO and she said no problem.

At the SQ transfer desk in HKG, I checked in for my SQ flight to SFO and the agent confirmed that my bags would be available for me at SFO.

I was supposed to fly to YVR today, and am not showing up for that flight. Both CX and SQ have already credited their miles to my respective accounts.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by kaushik123
I just did this exact itinerary yesterday. No problems in getting your bags in SFO. I was able to check my bags directly to SFO from MNL when I checked in with CX. The agent asked if I wanted it tagged all the way to YVR, but I said I needed them in SFO and she said no problem.

At the SQ transfer desk in HKG, I checked in for my SQ flight to SFO and the agent confirmed that my bags would be available for me at SFO.

I was supposed to fly to YVR today, and am not showing up for that flight. Both CX and SQ have already credited their miles to my respective accounts.
Awesome. Glad to know this could happen and that you had a smooth flight over. Thanks!
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:38 am

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by alim123
Awesome. Glad to know this could happen and that you had a smooth flight over. Thanks!
Btw, I also managed to change the SFO-YVR sector to another date later in the year without any charge. This allows me an option of a personal trip to YVR should I choose to at a later date. Now all I need to find is a cheap o/w fare from YVR back to SFO
Old Sep 17, 2011, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by kaushik123
Btw, I also managed to change the SFO-YVR sector to another date later in the year without any charge. This allows me an option of a personal trip to YVR should I choose to at a later date. Now all I need to find is a cheap o/w fare from YVR back to SFO
Good to know!
Old Sep 17, 2011, 6:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
LH is selling JFK-MUC "A" fares for ~$2400 a/i over Thanksgiving.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 7:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by BryanIAH
LH is selling JFK-MUC "A" fares for ~$2400 a/i over Thanksgiving.
That's an amazing fare.
Thanks for posting.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:45 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Lots of fare wars to Shanghai / Beijing from hubs.
MIA/STL/DFW/DEN-SHA/PEK: $2800ai
AA, DL, CO/UA
Old Sep 18, 2011, 2:12 am

With all these idiots skipping the last leg it's only a matter of time before they've killed of this one, nice work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.