Good Deal Premium Fares 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good Deal Premium Fares 2011

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2011, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by izzik
If anything, it's good for a nice trip south.. or AA challenge.
I plan to do both, thank you very much for posting this! Any suggestions on how to choose between UIO and GYE?
Old Mar 6, 2011, 1:31 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
The choice is between the mountains(Quito) and the port city(Guayaquil).

Quito has much more color and interesting indigenous culture.

The altitude of Quito keeps it cool and fresh while Guayaquil can be hot and humid.

It is an easy flight between the 2 cities.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 6:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
GRU-BCN round trip 3.260$ all in SQ J

This is a very good one on SQ 77W business. Only airline to fly this route non-stop. It's not an unusual price on this route but Im not sure if you prefer to fly IB for a few more $

GRU-BCN round trip 3.260$ all in.

Books in J (EOS). Refundable for a fee (100$).
Old Mar 7, 2011, 11:21 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by Herb687
Great find! Note that this is a refundable fare too!

Just bought a DFW-PTY trip that I needed to take anyway for $730 AI.

Have a LAX-BOG and SFO-UIO on hold trying to figure out if it's worth doing as a run. The geography of trying to force a JFK/MIA double connect each direction means an overnight in either JFK or MIA. On the plus side the 763 is available SFO-JFK.

By my math SFO-JFK-MIA-UIO each way comes out to 10,926 BIS/EQM for the RT and 16,389 EQP. Roughly 5.4 cents per EQP. Perhaps not that great when you factor in forced hotel overnights. Although earning EQPs sitting in premium cabins certainly counts for something...

I have not seen any good matches on DL yet, by the way. DL match looks to be very limited and at a higher fare...
nice fare
All I need to do is find out some long flight way from ORD to hit the BA min miles (flight over 2K miles) for the 180TPs
Old Mar 8, 2011, 2:31 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by heramato
This is a very good one on SQ 77W business. Only airline to fly this route non-stop. It's not an unusual price on this route but Im not sure if you prefer to fly IB for a few more $

GRU-BCN round trip 3.260$ all in.

Books in J (EOS). Refundable for a fee (100$).
GRU BCN SIN SYD with stopovers is also pretty nice, 7750 USD++ in J, for 6 long hauls on SQ 77W/380... not bad
Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by ranskis
GRU BCN SIN SYD with stopovers is also pretty nice, 7750 USD++ in J, for 6 long hauls on SQ 77W/380... not bad
Great fare - thanks for posting,
What prices out on singaporeair.com is slightly different.
$7459 taxes included
Stopovers in SIN are free but in BCN are $150 each or did you already price it with these stops to get the $7750++ fare?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:08 am

Programs: AA Gold
AA RNO-PTY good deals (as posted earlier)

The great fares seem to be going past April first- looking at late May was able to book r/t for $832 ai in Business Special for RNO-LAX-MIA-PTY. The fares are funky though- when going back to book after putting an itinerary on hold, the fares disappear and go up to $690 each way. Had to literally go to a different computer to get the $357 each way fares back on the screen to book them.

For a point of reference, economy on these same AA flights is $450 each way, +taxes, and kayak and priceline show the lowest r/t economy fares on other carriers as about $760.

I'm a bit of a novice at finding good fares and sharing them, so hopefully this is good info.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 3:29 am

La sfo-uio ~$900

I see SFO-LIM-UIO on LAN for $910 (8.5cpm), I'm sure this is in response to AA's South America sale. SFO-LIM is in business class on a 767, LIM-UIO is in premium coach on a 319. Fare code is DEEEV400, unlimited stopovers allowed, 3 day min stay. As a bonus, here are the allowed routings:

Code:
 1. SFO-AA-MIA-LA-CCS-LA-GYE-XL-UIO
 2. SFO-AA-MIA-XL-UIO
 3. SFO-LA-LIM-LA-UIO
 4. SFO-US-CLT-US-MIA-LA-CCS-LA-GYE-XL-UIO
 5. SFO-US-CLT-US-MIA-XL-UIO
Also:
Code:
Travel restrictions
  ALL TRAVEL MUST BE COMPLETED BY MIDNIGHT ON 30APR 11.
Sales restrictions
  TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 14MAR 11.
Perhaps LAN has matched other city pairs as well, I'd keep an eye open.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 3:37 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by ranskis
USD 7389 all in for J GRU-SIN-AKL return (77W all the way).
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by koroleon
I plan to do both, thank you very much for posting this! Any suggestions on how to choose between UIO and GYE?
Guayaquil is very hot (85-92 degrees) and humid and the air quality is not good. GYE is much more dangerous than Quito too but if you want to go to the beach GYE is much closer and also offers some nicer hotels in my opinion. The Hilton Colon in GYE is nice, there is also a Hampton Inn in the downtown/city center area by the Malecon (riverwalk with shops) which is my favorite hotel in GYE, there is a Howard Johnson by the Mall del Sol, a Sheraton by the same mall, a Courtyard by Marriott by Mall de San Marino.....so quite a few good options. I love GYE, however Quito feels much more safe and is much cooler since it is in the Andes and at 9,000 feet.

My recommendation if you are staying a few days would be to fly to GYE and go to the Barcelo Colon Miramar in Salinas which is an all-inclusive about 1.5-2 hours from GYE and they provide a free shuttle to the hotel from the airport in GYE. If you are just overnighting, it doesn't matter much which city you choose, although GYE has a much nicer airport and the hotels are closer to the airport than in Quito. Plus, this time of year Quito can have fog that delays/diverts flights to GYE.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by koroleon
I see SFO-LIM-UIO on LAN for $910 (8.5cpm), I'm sure this is in response to AA's South America sale. SFO-LIM is in business class on a 767, LIM-UIO is in premium coach on a 319. Fare code is DEEEV400, unlimited stopovers allowed, 3 day min stay.
DL matched.

Example, 3/18-3/24 $923.90 ai.
SFO-ATL-UIO DL1580/DL673 Boeing 757/737
UIO-ATL-SFO DL680/DL2049 Boeing 737/767
Fare code IR07NR
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
If you are just overnighting, it doesn't matter much which city you choose, although GYE has a much nicer airport and the hotels are closer to the airport than in Quito. Plus, this time of year Quito can have fog that delays/diverts flights to GYE.
The fact that GYE has a much nicer airport is actually a point in favor of going to UIO, at least for aviation enthusiasts! UIO's current, close-in, Mariscal Sucre Airport will soon be closing when a new airport on a high pateau miles outside of town to the east opens.

The approach into UIO/SEQU is pretty unique in aviation, maybe not quite TGU, but with the added challenge of high rise buildings and not just terrain! Aviation enthusuiasts probably owe it to themselves to get one flight into Mariscal Sucre before the airport closes for good.

Those just doing a quick overnight turn as a MR should note that the Sheraton (formerly Four Points) in UIO is reasonably close to the airport and has a free shuttle van service.

Do agree that UIO is probably safer than GYE but realistically, if you are hyper concerned about safety on these fares, you should be looking at the BOG options instead of GYE/UIO.

Last edited by Herb687; Mar 9, 2011 at 10:17 am Reason: spelling
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:11 pm

Location: Lahaina,HI USA AA PLT 9 Million Miles+, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz No. 1 Club Gold, Starwood Platinum,OnePass Gold Elite,+++
Can't find the AA D fares to GYE

Hi!

How are you finding the great fares to Ecuador? I'm trying to find something from Dallas on AA's website, but the fares are $1,200+ each way??

Any help on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Ray
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:38 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by RayinMaui
Hi!

How are you finding the great fares to Ecuador? I'm trying to find something from Dallas on AA's website, but the fares are $1,200+ each way??

Any help on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Ray
What dates are you trying?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
I'm trying to find fares on AA that are business that also involve double miles departing from LAX in business (so I get 1.5 miles for that leg too). If anyone sees a LAX-Quito fare under 900, please advise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.