Consolidated "Connections / Connecting between terminals at ORD" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Connections / Connecting between terminals at ORD" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2002, 9:00 am

Connect LH-UA at ORD

I will be arriving in ORD on LH (LH403 from FRA) at 12:50 and want to catch UA147 to SFO at 3:15pm (no connex, two separate tickets)
Is 3:25 enough for customs + immigration (non US citizen) and is there any chance of staying inside security and avoiding beeing checked twice?

Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2002, 8:26 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
Your layover is only 2:25, not 3:25. I would take a later flight if I were you.
Old Jan 27, 2002, 4:01 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by iahas:
is there any chance of staying inside security and avoiding beeing checked twice?</font>
No. You will arrive in terminal 5, which is separate from the UA terminal. After clearing customs, hop on the free shuttle train to the domestic terminals. The United terminal will be the third (and last) stop. plan on 15 minutes for total shuttle transit.

Are you a "star gold" with the star alliance?

If yes AND you do not have a problem with rushing you should be able to make your connection with 2hrs 25 minutes. As there is a prefered line for star gold members at ticketing and going through security.

If not, I would take a later flight.
Old Mar 21, 2002, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Connecting from UA to AA

When connecting from UA (from SFO) to AA (going to Montreal -- YUL) at ORD, does one have to go outside security?
Old Mar 21, 2002, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I don't believe you have to if you are careful, and WALK, don't take the train between the terminals. I know you can walk between T-1 and T-2, and think you can between 2 and 3 airside. Make sure you don't go past security. Just keep going right.
Old Mar 22, 2002, 8:40 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Titanium
You can walk between the terminals 1, 2 and 3. Just follow the signs and be careful - in a couple of places you may leave a secure area by mistake and have to process through security again.
Old Dec 22, 2002, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Transferring from SQ to AC. At Terminal 5. Checkin desks there?

Questions regarding check in from Terminal 5 when transitting from an international flight. After immigration/customs, are there check-in desks there or do you have to lug your bags through the masses at Terminal 2?
Old Apr 2, 2003, 8:19 pm

As you have probably already discovered, there are checkin desks at Terminal 5. When you exit customs, one side handles United check in while the other handles American. Since those are both *A carriers, you probably went to the United side...
Old Apr 22, 2003, 4:47 pm

Transferring from American to SAS

I am doing this for the first time at ORD. The AA segment is domestic. Do the SAS flights to Europe leave from Terminal 5 or somewhere else? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by zachary (edited 04-22-2003).]
Old May 9, 2003, 11:40 pm

SK leaves from terminal 5
Old May 28, 2003, 10:31 pm

Transfer from Swiss to AA

Will 2 hours be enough to transfer from Swiss flying in from Zurich to AA on a domestic flight to STL.

The reason I'm asking is becoz of the new immigration rules. I'm an incoming F-1 student.

If it'll take more than 2 hours I'll book the evening AA flight which departs after 5 hours (sigh)

Greetz

HeMaN
Old May 29, 2003, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Titanium
I cannot answer your question directly because I have not experienced your exact scenario. But one suggestion - if you are concerned that 2 hours is too tight, then book the flight that is 5 hours later and if you get through quickly, fly stand by for earlier flight.
Old Jun 24, 2003, 11:22 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
Connecting KLM-NW

Arriving on KLM (T5) at 12.15 pm, leaving on NW (T2) at 1.50 pm. The connecting time (95 minutes) seems awfully short. What do you guys think?
The NWA guidelines says 90 minutes is enough for internation-to-domestic, but that's for NW-to-NW (T2).

[This message has been edited by Vunder31 (edited 06-24-2003).]
Old Jun 28, 2003, 8:10 pm

Programs: SK *S
That's plenty of time. The terminals aren't too far apart.
Old Jul 2, 2003, 1:25 pm

That 90 minutes from NW regarding a NW to NW connection would also be T5-T2. At ORD, all international flights (for all airlines), except for pre-cleared Canadian flights, arrive in T5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.