Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BWI D/E airside connector opened 22 Nov 2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2016, 11:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
BWI D/E airside connector opened 22 Nov 2016

I'd noticed the construction over the past year but never bothered to Google what it was about

Looks like it's open now, although I didn't have time to explore when I arrived tonight. Looked shiny and new from a distance though

Anyone know who's taking the low-numbered D gates?

Baltimore Sun: Concourse connection at BWI Marshall Airport features new security checkpoint, amenities

WBAL: BWI​-Marshall opens new terminal connector
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
BWI: New Checkpoinnt for D Open; D/E Now Connected Airside

Looks like this opened Tuesday November 22nd:

The D/E Connector "improves and modernizes BWI Marshall for our customers and provides new opportunities for expanded international service," Hogan said. "This work also sets the stage for even more future development here at BWI."

The eight-lane security checkpoint can serve both domestic and international travelers, replacing the airport's oldest and slowest security line — "a major upgrade in offering an improved travel experience for our passengers," the governor said.
Concourse connection at BWI Marshall Airport features new security checkpoint, amenities

One additional benefit is that travelers in the D Concourse can now use the Chesapeake Club Lounge in the E Concourse which does accept Priority Pass.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 3:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by CMK10
Looks like this opened Tuesday November 22nd:

Concourse connection at BWI Marshall Airport features new security checkpoint, amenities

One additional benefit is that travelers in the D Concourse can now use the Chesapeake Club Lounge in the E Concourse which does accept Priority Pass.
Apparently the Chesapeake Club is leaving Priority Pass as of 18 May 2017. (I was surprised about this, as I actually expected that the lounge would switch to opening earlier to get revenue all day now that the connector is open - or even operate like the BA lounge in IAD, where it's only open to non-BA guests before the BA flight times.)
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...6-4e468acd75cb
Old Apr 29, 2017, 3:30 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Apparently the Chesapeake Club is leaving Priority Pass as of 18 May 2017. (I was surprised about this, as I actually expected that the lounge would switch to opening earlier to get revenue all day now that the connector is open - or even operate like the BA lounge in IAD, where it's only open to non-BA guests before the BA flight times.)
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...6-4e468acd75cb
Yep, noted in the other thread; also the new Club lounge is supposedly opening mid-May or thereabouts:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mid-a...l#post27971715

(posts 58-59)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.