Former Baltimore Airspace Lounge reopened as The Club BWI May 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Former Baltimore Airspace Lounge reopened as The Club BWI May 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2016, 5:47 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
it doesn't appear to be open any longer. i think another airline or company moved into the lounge space (?)
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Under construction now to be converted to 'The Club' brand. They accept PP at their other locations so I would expect this one to be the same once it opens up.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pingtung
Under construction now to be converted to 'The Club' brand. They accept PP at their other locations so I would expect this one to be the same once it opens up.
That's good, but the location is difficult to use for most BWI flights. I wonder what WN would think of them opening up in their 3-terminal complex.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 4:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Any news on how soon this is likely to reopen as a The Club lounge?
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is there any hope of this lounge being open by the end of this month?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:01 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I sent an email to the info address on the Contact Us page for The Club almost 2 weeks ago asking if there was any kind of timeline. No response. Might have better luck calling the phone number.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 7:22 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

I'm here this morning, and while the "coming soon" signs are up, no indication of an opening date, and still all boarded up, so pretty sure we won't be seeing this opening by end of month.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I just called the toll-free number and asked if there was any info on when the BWI lounge would open. "Let me look that up, someone was just asking... ok, 6pm." After some confusion it turned out the agent was referring to the Chesapeake Club in pier E. They had no information on any club in D.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 1:29 pm

It's not clear to me what the affiliation is between

https://www.loungeclub.com/en/our-lounges/

and

http://www.theclubairportlounges.com/

but I contacted both via email/phone and no one I communicated with at either organization knew anything about a new lounge at BWI.

So I contacted the airport directly via their web site, got passed to the Manager of Concessions, then to Airmall Maryland, who told me "They are currently under design and construction will follow. They will most likely re-open around Spring 2017."
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
As of Tuesday 11/22, there's now an airside D/E Connector at BWI. This means if you are there from 4-7 PM you can use the Chesapeake Club in Concurse E via Priority Pass.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/washi...d-airside.html
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:06 pm

According to this article, they were outbid for the lease on their space, but the higher bidder was another lounge operator called "The Club" (not to be confused with the auto theft deterrent device).
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Any updates on this lounge? Going to be on B6 in BWI next month, would be nice if it's opened in the next few weeks.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by hi55us
Any updates on this lounge? Going to be on B6 in BWI next month, would be nice if it's opened in the next few weeks.
As of mid/late December it was still just a wall that said "COMING SOON". Flying out through BWI on Sunday, will check in on it again.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 1:09 pm

Still no useful info:

I asked a few random nearby airport employees and no one had any idea either.

Name:  1485720322.jpg
Views: 2279
Size:  32.4 KB
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by Zorak
Still no useful info:

I asked a few random nearby airport employees and no one had any idea either.

Attachment 26320
Thanks for the update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.