Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Residence Inn Princeton at Carnegie Center

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Residence Inn Princeton at Carnegie Center

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2009, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Plat,SW, Hertz #1 Gold, Amtrak SP, jetBlue, et al
Thumbs up Residence Inn Princeton at Carnegie Center

I will finish this report up tomorrow after I check out. I booked a rewards night a few hours ago and checked in around 4:45.

So far, so good....so I wanted to share! This is the 2nd time I've stayed here (it's near home-but closer to a Long Term Care center where a relative is staying.) This is also the 2nd time I have been upgraded-without asking-to a 2 bedroom! Yes, I said second time! (the 1st was in January!) Of course, I am super appreciative of the extra room-too bad it's only one night and I am alone! (And why can't this happen when I travel with mom! but I digress!)

This evening is the BBQ-burgers and hot dogs! Yippee! But the hotel is near a shopping mall that is being upgraded...so there are several places to eat there (TGIFs, Big Fish Bistro and a food court) plus 3 other freestanding places (Macaroni Grill, PF Changs and On The Border).

I was greeted as a PP-yes, a PP! And.....there are about 6 pillows on each bed, a towel animal (swan-any of you cruisers would be appreciative!) And for toiletries....soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, mouthwash and lotion!

One big screen TV (30-40 inches?? I am not good at this...). Not too many channels....and I do not think any of them are HD...BUT it's enough for one night. I have a fireplace as well (but it's 87 degrees-I think I will pass!)

Wireless internet too-PLUS Verizon FiOS now has set up some hot spots in various hotels around the country...this one offers that..so we shall see!

I will post more info, and pix on webshots, within the next couple days.....

Just wanted to let people know that they have their stuff together here..(but I suppose it's technically overachieving....)
Old Aug 27, 2009, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Plat,SW, Hertz #1 Gold, Amtrak SP, jetBlue, et al
So...

got a good night's sleep...internet works well.

Breakfast this AM was nice...scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with cheese and something else in them too (veggies??), BACON, croissants, potatoes, MYO waffles, yogurts, fruit, juice, breads, pastries (they looked very good-a little different than usual), coffee, etc. Maybe some granola bars-all sorts of butter, faux butter and jelly, really a nice array, and 2 people were filling it in.

I went down about 6:20 figuring I'd get papers and some juice or coffee (i presumed that at least THAT much would be ready...) Lo and behold, I opened my door and what's there??? USAToday and the WSJ! So, I went down anyway, and almost everything was set up (I think only the potatoes and one other thing were missing!)

I asked the night auditor about papers...Only Plats/PPs! Yay!

My only quibble, and it is little, is that the aforementioned BBQ burgers and dogs were NOT grilled, some sort of preassembled stuff....that, at 5:30 PM was kind of cold! However, it was edible....I just REALLY wanted a grilled hunk-o-meat!

No booze either, but there was a nice tossed salad, and a pasta salad plus soda, juice and lemonade.

I was speaking to the AGM and he said that they are encouraged to go above and beyond...this hotel is a franchise-but it seems the owners want to have-get this-HAPPY GUESTS!

As I said above, you're near a small mall and places to eat. You're about 10 minutes from Princeton (they have a shuttle M-F but ask for 24 hours notice so they can schedule-although I would guess that if the driver was there and available you could go where ever..)

The hotel is maybe 5 minutes from the NJ Transit station at Princeton Junction (a couple Amtrak trains stop there too-but not as often as in the past). You're maybe 20 minutes from Sesame Place and an hour or so to Philly, the NJ Shore and NYC.

Numerous companies are in the area as well. This hotel is maybe 10-15 minutes (depending on traffic) from the Princeton Marriott Forrestal Center. It's more or less across from the Hyatt Regency Princeton, and behind a Hyatt Place.

If anyone has questions, please let me know. But, this is a really terrific hotel and I was nicely surprised!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.