Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Currently average rate is probably in the $300-400/nt range, mostly overseas Marriotts and resorts. But not enough nights to earn Plat.

I can understand keeping the card for the annual 15 EQN (and less useful Cat5 night) but why would you spend 15k-20k on the Marriott card, except at hotels? Does not make sense when value of Marriott point is about 1/3 - 1/2 of SPG and Hyatt points. Hyatt card also offers 2x dining but requires fewer points to redeem.

Basically no reason to spend any $$$ on Chase card.
Only reason I can see if if you are trying to get to lifetime platinum status anyway possible! Every dollar spent, no matter what, going towards Marriott.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 4:29 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Currently average rate is probably in the $300-400/nt range, mostly overseas Marriotts and resorts. But not enough nights to earn Plat.

I can understand keeping the card for the annual 15 EQN (and less useful Cat5 night) but why would you spend 15k-20k on the Marriott card, except at hotels? Does not make sense when value of Marriott point is about 1/3 - 1/2 of SPG and Hyatt points. Hyatt card also offers 2x dining but requires fewer points to redeem.

Basically no reason to spend any $$$ on Chase card.
SPG doesn't offer me much benefit actually. I don't redeem for flights. Marriott makes more sense for for anyway; they are in the locations I stay.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by bigshooter
That's regular Platinum. Platinum premier is some magical status that no one actually knows, but it's supposedly the top 5% (or something). Of all platinum a that get invited. Doesn't really get you much but bragging rights and possibly special recognition at some properties.
Yeah, I haven't noticed that much difference. Even most front desk staff just say "thanks for being platinum".

There was that nice Bluetooth speaker that they sent me, though.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by bigshooter
That's regular Platinum. Platinum premier is some magical status that no one actually knows, but it's supposedly the top 5% (or something). Of all platinum a that get invited. Doesn't really get you much but bragging rights and possibly special recognition at some properties.
That's the answer I was looking for, thank you.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by Michilander
Yeah, I haven't noticed that much difference. Even most front desk staff just say "thanks for being platinum".

There was that nice Bluetooth speaker that they sent me, though.
100% agree but I would say at least in the USA and Caribeean. Most do not even know what PP is.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by danola
That's the answer I was looking for, thank you.
For more information on Platinum Premier status you might try reading any of several threads dedicated to it. A good one to start with is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...d-threads.html.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Delta Gold, United Silver
hadn't checked in a while

193 nights, 555725 points, or just about 2900/night, but also rollover and bonuses etc. I think I spend between 100 and 125/night on average.
I've only been doing this for about 2 years, I have some to go.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 5MM, Lifetime Marriott Titanium Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by CPRich
2,332 points per night.

As noted above. I paid well below $233/night due to PLT bonuses, mega-a nd other bonuses, etc., etc.
I'm at 5,166,491 points
1199 nights
4309 average
Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Just hit 1.635 million points and it says I have 827 nights. Currently Platinum but obviously I would fallback to Lifetime gold if I lose plat.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
In case anyone is wondering, the points transfer feature counts towards lifetime for the recipient. I didn't have any reason to believe that it would not, other than the simple fact that this particular Marriott Rewards feature has been actively advertised in the past couple of months.

We just did a 50k transfer out of a family member's dormant account, and it bumped me to LT Gold.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:41 pm

Nights 975
Points 1,917,517

I'll hit plat this spring
Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by pinniped
In case anyone is wondering, the points transfer feature counts towards lifetime for the recipient. I didn't have any reason to believe that it would not, other than the simple fact that this particular Marriott Rewards feature has been actively advertised in the past couple of months.

We just did a 50k transfer out of a family member's dormant account, and it bumped me to LT Gold.
Does it reduce the LT points count for the donor?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 1:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Michilander
Does it reduce the LT points count for the donor?
Yes - the donor account LT total decreased by 50k.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by pinniped
Yes - the donor account LT total decreased by 50k.
That brings up an interesting question. If a LT Plat were to gift a bunch of points to others, is it possible to drop down to LT Gold?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 4:48 pm

Is it just me, or am I finding lifetime status to be far too easy with Marriott. I just knocked out LT Platinum in less than three years.

Struggling to understand how a program gives LT in that period of time as to me that doesn't indicate loyalty. I know some will disagree, but just my two cents

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.