Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Marriott and Ritz-Carlton | Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Old Sep 9, 00, 4:47 am   #1
Original Member

Marriott-family hotels in Paris, France

Has anyone stayed at this location recently?
How is it? Is it near any Metro or RER line?
I was wondering how convenient it is (i.e. public transportation, how far, etc) to the major Paris sights such as Arch d'Triumph.
The little info on the Marriott pages seems
directed to having a car.
Thanks!
billhallNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 00, 6:34 am   #2
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Starwood (Plat) and every other US program
Stayed for four nights in July.

Transport - Had a car which was helpful. However, we (family of 4) also used the Metro. The nearest stop was about 4 blocks from the hotel. I don't have my map in front of me but I would say it was North of the hotel (what I considered to be the "back" of the property). It was just a few short stops to almost anywhere. If you are a good walker (10 long blocks?) then the Arc is walking distance.

Accomodations - We had what they call a suite. It was only slightly more expensive than a regular room. It was very large (especially based on my other experiences in Europe) with a separate bedroom, refrigerator, microwave, etc. We were very happy at this property.

Staff - They were nice but they knew very little about anything outside of the hotel. The neighborhood is residential, but there are lots of banks, markets, restaurants, etc. if you walk toward the Metro stop I mentioned previously.
sbrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 00, 10:15 pm   #3
dg1

This exact question has been asked before. You can do a search in this forum -- I replied before too. I stayed there two years ago. It's not too far (but not too close) from the Metro -- ten minutes. It's a newer hotel. It's pretty generic -- if you are used to US courtyard's its the same with just a smaller (30-40% smaller) room. I apparently didn't get a suite

I walked to the Arch the first night I was there. It's a long walk but definitely doable.. just tough to walk up to the top of the Arch after all that !

If I wanted to stay in Paris on my own dime I'd stay there again. Next time I go I'm going to blow the points for the Marriott.. that's quite a location. But I ain't paying the $200+/night or so for the hotel.
dg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 00, 1:10 am   #4
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Starwood (Plat) and every other US program
dg1 - I didn't check the actual rate, but I think you would need to pay about $500+/night to stay at the Marriott in the city.
sbrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 00, 11:00 pm   #5
Original Member

dg1... I did a search 1st and didn't get a hit. I tried Neuilly and probably only searched the Marriott forum.
Old Sep 10, 00, 11:16 pm   #6
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/000222.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/000102.html
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 00, 2:45 pm   #7
Original Member

Thanks Doc! Actually, I did full search last
nite and found several good posts in General TravelTalk et al
Old Sep 11, 00, 2:54 pm   #8
dg1

I could have sworn there was a post exactly about this Courtyard -- but who knows -- as doc can show, I've replied many times about the Courtyard in Paris. My summary always is nice hotel, good value for the money. As per the Marriott, you're right. $500+ a night. I just lumped it in my head with all the other hotels 'too rich for my blood'... and 'good value for points'
dg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 00, 7:39 am   #9
Original Member

dg1... Yes I found several of your Courtyard
posts. At least 1 was in General Traveltalk.
They helped a lot...Thanks! I made
the mistake of just searching Marriott for
Neuilly and not all the forums, Some were under Paris or Courtyard. Darn... Time is just too tight these days..I need a vacation!
Old Sep 12, 00, 9:45 am   #10
Talkboard Vice President; Moderator: Marriott Rewards forum & Travel with Children

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Platinum Premier Hertz President's Club
dg1,

You're right, the Paris Marriott is a good value for points, but I suspect that you will NEVER get a reservation there using points. I tried for months without success. It's simply never available. We ended up staying at the Renaissance at La Defense (5 free nights using points) and were very happy.

Bruce
bdschobel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 00, 7:00 pm   #11

I stayed at the Paris Marriott on points...100K for 5 nights in late February this year...got my dates on the first try...don't be fooled. The property is well worth the points!
Old Sep 16, 00, 3:39 pm   #12
Original Member

What metro stop is closest to the Courtyard Neuilly? Someone said 4 blocks from the hotel. Thanks!

Update: from other posts it appears to be either ...
Les Sablons
on the 1 line toward La Defense
(1 exit past Porte Maillot stop)
OR
Louise-Michel on the 3 line toward
Pont de Levallois Becon
(sorry no accents)

[This message has been edited by billhallNY (edited 09-16-2000).]
Old Mar 27, 02, 10:29 am   #13

Marriott-family hotels in Paris

I will be going to France on vacation and staying at this hotel using a certificate.

I'd like to hear from everyone who stayed at this hotel about your impressions. How were the rooms ? facilities? service?

How convenient is this hotel to downtown Paris sightseeing?

Thanks!

[Moderator's note: For a long time, Paris had just one Renaissance Hotel, at La Defense. In 2005 or so, the new Renaissance at Vendome opened. In reading this long thread, be careful about references to "Renaissance"; they probably refer to La Defense if they are pre-2005. This confusion is due to the merging of several Paris-related threads. In addition, many of the links in this thread will not work correctly because they now refer back to this one.]

Last edited by bdschobel; Jan 25, 06 at 5:20 pm.
AlexR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 02, 10:44 am   #14

Programs: AF F+ Rouge / Flying Ash®
AlexR: Some of the more recent threads on this property.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001251.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001372.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001009.html
blairvanhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 02, 11:50 am   #15

Location: Texas AA EXP 4 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
I stayed there a couple of months ago.... Nothing but Excellent comments from here. Its a little out of the way for most tourist sites, but the La Defense area is awesome and the building itself... WOW.

You will be about 400 yards from the train / subway station.

Rooms are more than adequate, larger than normal for Europe not as big as in America.

We were upgraded to a Suite which was excellent and the courtesy breakfast was fine.

There was not a concierge floor but this could have been closed because of the holidays.

------------------
AA member since 1981

[This message has been edited by TxLobo (edited 03-27-2002).]
TxLobo is offline   Reply With Quote