Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Paris, France, pre-2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott-family hotels in Paris, France, pre-2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2002, 3:38 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Also, what's the difference between the Quality and the Executive Rooms? Is it worth paying for this rooms? Are the rooms large enough to host three people (2 adults, 1 teenie)?

Muerz
Old Nov 7, 2002, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I'm not sure which hotel you are referring to.

At the Renaissance, I have always been upgraded to the Club floor (or whatever they call it there). The rooms have a large bed and a sleeper sofa. Three people would be no problem.

At the Courtyard, I have always gotten suites (although I had to pay 59 Euro/night extra when I stayed on an award). The suites are very nice and easily hold four people.

Bruce
Old Nov 7, 2002, 8:04 am

At the REN, there are two room categories: Quality Room and Executive Room. This is where I'm referring to.

Thx

Muerz
Old Nov 7, 2002, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Muerz:
At the REN, there are two room categories: Quality Room and Executive Room. This is where I'm referring to.

Thx

Muerz
</font>
They actually 3 different room types

Quality -
STANDARD DELUXE RMS W BATHROOM,DIRECT DIAL TELEPHONE,MINI BAR,
HAIRDRYER,TV,PAY TV,MODEM PLUG,SAFETY BOX,VOICE MAIL,AIR CONDI

Executive -
UPGRD DLX RMS W BATHROOM,SITTING AREA,DIRECT DIAL PHONE,MINI BAR
HAIRDRYER,TV,PAY TV,MODEM PLUG,SAFTEY BOX,VOICE MAIL,AIR CONDI

Club -
UPGRD DLX RMS W ADDTL AMENIT,MODEM PLUG,VOICE MAIL,AIR COND,MIN
BAR,HAIRDRYER,TV,ACCESS TO LOUNGE INC CONT'L BFST,SNACKS,DRINKS

Hope this helps
Old Nov 15, 2002, 7:23 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Paris Marriott Ave Champs Elysees

Any reports from this property? Room types to ask for, service, good close-by restaurants?

I have a trip here next week.

Thanks
Bigshaker
Old Nov 15, 2002, 9:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Bigshaker: Did you try a search? I have not stayed there, but we have discussed Paris properties many times here.
Old Nov 16, 2002, 6:06 am

Thanks for the info Socrates, but am I able to put three people in a room? How about those rates with breakfast included? Will they make them available to triple occupation too? Any input on their breakfast buffet? Egg and/Waffle Station? How much is it if $I have to buy a buffet for the third person?

Muerz
Old Nov 18, 2002, 12:51 pm

We stayed at Renaissance on an award stay in May, and received the "Quality" room. We'd asked for a Kingsize bed. We got a fair-sized room with two twin beds that could be shoved together (which worked though they needed replacement). With two double beds in the room it would have been REALLY crowded.

Rates for breakfast (or any meals) in the restaurant were prohibitive compared with alternatives in the immediate area, and there are lots of close choices. There is free coffee in the lobby each morning (no coffeemakers in the rooms).

The staff was superbly friendly and super helpful (as much or more than at any stateside Marriott).

Do not try to use the Metro for arrival or departure though. While the Metro station at La Defense is handicap-friendly (great for wheeled luggage) the intervening Metro stations you have to transit on the way to/from CDG AREN'T handicap-friendly. A cab was the easiest way (and cost about 45 Euro plus tip each way in May).
Old Nov 18, 2002, 1:47 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JCareyB:

Do not try to use the Metro for arrival or departure though. While the Metro station at La Defense is handicap-friendly (great for wheeled luggage) the intervening Metro stations you have to transit on the way to/from CDG AREN'T handicap-friendly. A cab was the easiest way (and cost about 45 Euro plus tip each way in May).
</font>

However, if you are nimble enough to navigate the Metro here are some suggestions; my wife and I managed w/o problem; but then again we did have just one small roller-bag between us:

At Aéroport Ch.de Gaulle 1-T9
1. Take Ligne RER B, Direction Robinson/ St Rémy-lès-Chevreuse
2. Connect at Châtelet-Les Halles
3. Take Ligne RER A, Direction/ St Germain-en-Laye/ Cergy-Le Haut/ Poissy
4. Get off at La Défense (Grande Arche). 5. Follow maps posted near the metro entrances to the huge Grande Arche, and the hotel will be just past this.

All in all, budget around 1hr between CDG and the hotel.

&lt;edited to correct typos&gt;

[This message has been edited by ntamayo (edited 11-18-2002).]
Old Nov 18, 2002, 3:21 pm

I try to talk to them and see if it will be posible to fit 3 people in an Executive Room (1 King and a Rollaway will do it for the 2 nights we're going to stay there). Since they have breakfast for two included, it seems like we will have to buy one breakfast each day :-(
Thanks also for the suggestions concerning Metro/Cab... We'll be there on railroad since it takes +- the same time from LUX then the plane but is way less expensive!!! As our train arrives Gare de l'Est, we can do everything by Metro and Cab is no option

Muerz
Old Nov 19, 2002, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Muerz:
Thanks for the info Socrates, but am I able to put three people in a room? How about those rates with breakfast included? Will they make them available to triple occupation too? Any input on their breakfast buffet? Egg and/Waffle Station? How much is it if $I have to buy a buffet for the third person?

Muerz
</font>
Sorry I must have missed this post originally.... Breakfast for 2 will always be just that (it would be too confusing if they did say brkfst for 2 or brkfst for 3 or brkfst for 4), rate includes breakfast for 2 but you can (if the room size allows) put more people than that in the room and if they want breakfast as well yes you'll just be charged for the additional persons breakfast.

Unfortunately I haven't stayed at this hotel so I can't comment on their breakfast or the cost.
Old Jan 12, 2003, 8:40 am

Programs: AA:Lifetime Platinum; MR:Lifetime Titanium
Paris Marriott Champs-Elysees

Deluxe Room (30-37m)
Rooms have a view of either the Atrium or the Terrace.

Executive Room (37-49m)
Rooms have a view of the Terrace. Most rooms have a balcony.

Studio (40-50m)
Rooms have a view of the Avenue des Champs-Elysees.

Suite (62-70m)
Separate room with adjoing living room.

Vice Presidential Suite (75m)
This suite is on the 7th floor (top floor), has small balconies, overlooks the Avenue des Champs-Elysees and has a view of the Eiffel Tower.

Presidential Suite (There are 2)
1) The first one is on the 7th floor (170m), overlooks the Atrium and has 2 bedrooms in addition to the living room.
2) The 2nd one (120m)is on the 6th floor, has balconies which have views of the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe and the Place de la Concorde. It has 2 bedrooms in addition to the living room.

FYI, the hotel can be visually imagined as a front (facing the Champs-Elysees), a center which overlooks an atrium (the windows, if opened do not provide fresh air {for those who need that}) and the back which has an open-air terrace on the main floor adjoining the restaurant (it can be used for breakfast when weather cooperates).

In December and early January, the 6th and 7th floors were being renovated. There are relatively few rooms which face the Champs Elysees (approximately 4 or 5 per floor) and even my Lifetime Platinum stay did not help. On the other hand, had I contacted the hotel in advance, I probably could have secured such a room.

Abdou at the Front Desk (speaks perfect English) arranged a tour for me (he was very, very helpful) and I chose #525, an Excutive Room which overlooked the Terrace. I requested a board for the bed as it was a 'softie.'

Hotel personnel are very helpful, pleasant and professional.
Old Jan 12, 2003, 9:40 am

Thanks, UW. What's the lowest rate you've been able to score at this property?
Old Jan 12, 2003, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
The rates are sky-high. And, as far as I can tell, you will never get an award stay at this property. It's not worth the trouble, in my opinion. Stay at the Renaissance La Defense or the Courtyard in Neuilly. I've stayed at both and liked them a lot.

Bruce
Old Jan 12, 2003, 12:12 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:
The rates are sky-high. And, as far as I an tell, you will never get an award stay at this property. It's not worth the trouble, in my opinion</font>
Not true at all ... we stayed for a week on an award this past September ... the trick really is knowing early enough when you want to stay and get the booking as early as possible.

[This message has been edited by PreferBulkhead (edited 01-12-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.