Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Ginza Courtyard, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Marriott Forum Threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1577397-courtyard-tokyo-station-japan.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1577399-tokyo-ginza-courtyard-japan.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/136870-marriott-family-hotels-tokyo-japan.html
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2014, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle

So I stayed in the Courtyard Ginza last weekend and it was very nice! One of the nciest Courtyards I have visited. I only stayed for 1 night as I spent the earlier part of the week in Himeji...I stayed here
http://www.hotelnikkohimeji.co.jp/

It was also VERY nice.

As a Platinum at the Ginza:

-I got a free drink at the bar in the lobby - I chose wine
-I also got either 250 pts, or 3 items from a list (I didnt take a pic of the list, as I had to choose while standing at the front desk). I chose the 3 items which were vanilla ice cream, a beer and a glass a wine (yes, they offer lots of drinks at this hotel!) They also delivered these to my room within 5 minutes.
-I also got free breakfast, which was a buffet, and it was VERY good.

I usually stay away from Courtyards here in the US, but if only they were this nice.

Below are some pics. On my next trip to Tokyo, I will certainly stay here again.

Old May 4, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by alrvd83
I usually stay away from Courtyards here in the US, but if only they were this nice.

Below are some pics. On my next trip to Tokyo, I will certainly stay here again.
I would agree. I've been treated very nicely at this property and the proximity to shopping, the Ginza And Higashi-Ginza subway stations, and the many food options nearby make it a comfortable place to say.
Old May 4, 2014, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by DL-Don
I would agree. I've been treated very nicely at this property and the proximity to shopping, the Ginza And Higashi-Ginza subway stations, and the many food options nearby make it a comfortable place to say.
Might I add, they have a limo bus that takes you from the hotel to Narita for only 3,100 yen. Not bad at all.
Old May 5, 2014, 12:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
As a Platinum at the Ginza:

-I got a free drink at the bar in the lobby - I chose wine
-I also got either 250 pts, or 3 items from a list (I didnt take a pic of the list, as I had to choose while standing at the front desk). I chose the 3 items which were vanilla ice cream, a beer and a glass a wine (yes, they offer lots of drinks at this hotel!) They also delivered these to my room within 5 minutes.

</snip>
Spent the 20-21 of April here after the Japan DO II as a Gold. Showed up late into the evening as we were having quite a bit of fun

Overall reasonable experience there and as a Gold I got everything but the 3 welcome items. I am a fan of yakisoba so I ate a lot of those noodles. Breakfast wise though I had quite the Japanese spread at the Tokyo Business Hotel in Shinjuku. That place is quintessentially Japanese though so was nice to have a regular bed, bathroom, and wifi in the room.
Old May 5, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: MR Gold, IHG Gold AMB
That's something new, I haven't received breakfast there as gold, neither did my colleague (plat). Are you sure the breakfast was due to status?
Old May 5, 2014, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by elva
That's something new, I haven't received breakfast there as gold, neither did my colleague (plat). Are you sure the breakfast was due to status?
That's unfortunate. Look at the second pic that I posted...read the card.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL ♦, Marriot Plt, NATL EE
That's unfortunate. Look at the second pic that I posted...read the card.
Just checked in and as a Platinum with a guest (wife) I got what you mentioned above but for two people. Was also offered an upgrade to a bigger room but since we had just gotten off a redeye from Sydney we wanted sleep more than a bigger room.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Medeski
Just checked in and as a Platinum with a guest (wife) I got what you mentioned above but for two people. Was also offered an upgrade to a bigger room but since we had just gotten off a redeye from Sydney we wanted sleep more than a bigger room.
Glad to hear! MY card may have read for two people as well, but since it was just me I may not have noticed it. I asked for an upgrade, but they didn't have one available. Enjoy your stay
Old Feb 7, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: AC SE
I was looking at this hotel, but I don't see any availability on Marriott.com for either a points or cash reservation beyond March 30, 2016.

Any thoughts on why? Is this just a bug on Marriott.com, do they not take resos more than 2 months in advance, is the hotel closing for renos, changing brands, or fully sold out for eternity?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: Delta Gold 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium
April is peak travel season for Japan, so the hotel may be sold out.

Also it depends on the dates you are looking for. Saturday night stays in Tokyo are often in high demand (and more expensive as well). So if the hotel is out of rooms on Saturday, your search will show no availability.

Last edited by Daytona; Feb 8, 2016 at 4:19 pm
Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Daytona
April is peak travel season for Japan, so the hotel may be sold out.

Also it depends on the dates you are looking for. Saturday night stays in Tokyo are often in high demand (and more expensive as well). So if the hotel is out of rooms on Saturday, your search will show no availability.
I was actually looking at May and using the flexible date option. There is literally nothing after March 30 on Marriott.com, so I find it difficult to believe that the hotel is sold out on every single date for months beyond March 30. I'm thinking they aren't releasing rooms for sale beyond that date, but I'm trying to figure out why.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by gcashin
I was actually looking at May and using the flexible date option. There is literally nothing after March 30 on Marriott.com, so I find it difficult to believe that the hotel is sold out on every single date for months beyond March 30. I'm thinking they aren't releasing rooms for sale beyond that date, but I'm trying to figure out why.
Contact Marriott ressies & have them contact the property. They may have forgotten to load them. I had that happen at a property once. Called them & the next day the rates were loaded.

Cheers.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Contact Marriott ressies & have them contact the property. They may have forgotten to load them. I had that happen at a property once. Called them & the next day the rates were loaded.

Cheers.
Good suggestion!

Actually, I checked again today and they have now loaded rates for April (but there's nothing for May onwards), so it seems like they are adding rates in the future. I guess this hotel just doesn't load rates very far in advance.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
I enjoy this property a lot and often switch between it and the Shinagawa Marriott.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:12 pm

I stayed at The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo last year as platinum. Not sure if I got an upgraded room but i picked macaroons and sparkling saki off list instead of points, had a fruit basket in room waiting for me, and free breakfast buffet. Really nice hotel and located right across the street from train station. Good alternative if Courtyard isn't available. I believe it cost more points but it was all I could find when I looked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.