Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards’ Summer 2014 Getaway Bonus opens May 7, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2014, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bdschobel
Sign into your Marriott Rewards Promotion Central to see your targeted 2014 Mid-Year “Getaway Bonus”.

Register by July 31, 2014
Stay between June 1 and August 31, 2014

For complete details, call 888-Marriott (627-7468), contact Customer Care, or visit MarriottRewards.com/GetawayBonus.

Participating Brand(s): JW Marriott®, EDITION®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by Marriott(SM), Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott® and Marriott Vacation Club®. The Ritz-Carlton® participates as the exclusive luxury partner to Marriott Rewards.

Offers people have received so far, and links to full Terms & Conditions

http://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/..._terms_us.html --> Double Points starting with your 2rd stay, up to 25K

http://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/..._terms_us.html --> 20K for 12 nights, additional 10K for 18 nights

http://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/..._terms_us.html --> 25K for 15 nights, additional 10K for 20 nights

http://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/..._terms_us.html --> 35K for 20 nights, additional 10K for 25 nights
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards’ Summer 2014 Getaway Bonus opens May 7, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2014, 6:32 pm
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Originally Posted by rjgibson0066
I just qualified for the promotion...

I have a similar graphic in my account. The thing is, before the promo start, it used to show 2 as the maximum. After my 2nd stay, the max changed to 3. They even sent me a reminder email about the promo that showed a graph with a maximum of 2, just like they do for MegaBonus. Somehow, it all led me to believe that I need to get to 2 stays and will get the double bonus on the 2nd stay.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 5:43 pm

I made 3 stays this month. No bonus points posted on any of them. My graphic says that I am 67% of the way there, with 2 stays, even though all 3 posted to my account. Something is obviously messed up. Time to call MR, I suppose. The second stay was the biggest (6000+ points), so I'd love to get bonus points for that one, but at this point I'd be happy just to get the third stay bonus points.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: Free Agent
Throwing out a theory here: MR may have intended bonus points for 3rd stay onwards but initially programmed the offer like previous Megabonus offers where the 2nd stay triggered the bonus. They may have 'fixed' this programming some time in mid to late June to conform to their actual intent, and bonus points are only posting from 3rd stay onwards now.

I also noticed the change from 2 to 3 stays required in the last week, but unsure if a first stay in the last week triggered the change or if it was made before then. Sucks if my theory is right, but would be nice to get some data points regarding when was the latest 2nd stay that someone got bonus points for. I agree the wording is unclear and its similarity to previous Megabonus offers led one to believe the 2nd stay would trigger the bonus.

UPDATE: One more confirmed data point that 2nd stay did NOT trigger the double points bonus as of mid July

Originally Posted by WAS
I have a similar graphic in my account. The thing is, before the promo start, it used to show 2 as the maximum. After my 2nd stay, the max changed to 3. They even sent me a reminder email about the promo that showed a graph with a maximum of 2, just like they do for MegaBonus. Somehow, it all led me to believe that I need to get to 2 stays and will get the double bonus on the 2nd stay.

Last edited by jigri2003; Jul 22, 2014 at 8:33 am Reason: Update with data point
Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:41 pm
WAS

Reminder email

OK< I am not crazy. I received a reminder email before the 1st stay that clearly had a graphic with 2 stays. The progress bar in the online account also showed 2 stays. Sometime after the first stay the maximum moved to 3.

Last edited by WAS; Jul 24, 2014 at 4:57 pm Reason: Trying to figure out how to insert a picture.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), UA Silver, OW Sapphire
What Marriott has missed so far from me based on this promo: 15 stays, 21 nights, roughly 3.5K in spend. Instead I've re-qualified as Gold at Hilton, earned a boatload of points with their 2x summer promo, and may decide to stay over there for awhile unless there is a good reason to come back (I'm already MR Gold for 2015).

Bring back certs. They were and would continue to be most useful to me.

Dave
Old Jul 25, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by davew-krdm
What Marriott has missed so far from me based on this promo: 15 stays, 21 nights, roughly 3.5K in spend. Instead I've re-qualified as Gold at Hilton, earned a boatload of points with their 2x summer promo, and may decide to stay over there for awhile unless there is a good reason to come back (I'm already MR Gold for 2015).

Dave
If you were actually going to give Marriott that number of stays, wouldn't it have made more sense for you to switch to the points option, which you could have still gotten anyway? You would likely achieve the 45k points. That's 5k more than you would need for a two night Cat 4 hotel stay. Given the top points was 45k, it would have been unlikely the certs would have been for anything higher than Cat 4. Otherwise, the cert offer would have been higher than the points offer. It seems illogical that you would have really given Marriott all those stays, since it's well above the number you needed for the max number of certs.

If you were planning on earning more certs than that, you were going to do something against the T&Cs to get there. It might be that type of cheating that cause Marriott to change the award system.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by CJKatl

If you were planning on earning more certs than that, you were going to do something against the T&Cs to get there. It might be that type of cheating that cause Marriott to change the award system.
Not necessarily true... If traveling with a significant other, if they make eight stays together that would be four certs which would be more valuable than the points. I have done this with my wife when I knew I wouldn't get enough nights for the points promotion. I would book four stays under my name and four under hers so we would get a total of four certs.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
I think I'm signed up for the 25 nights/45K points offer, but now with EZE FS completely dropping out of Marriott, I'll have to figure out what to do: either beg to switch to the 20 nights/35K points promo, or figure out how/when to book a few more Marriott nights.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by davew-krdm

Dave
I have registered my dissatisfaction with Marriott about this promotion. I agree with you bring those certificates back!
Old Jul 26, 2014, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I think I'm signed up for the 25 nights/45K points offer, but now with EZE FS completely dropping out of Marriott, I'll have to figure out what to do: either beg to switch to the 20 nights/35K points promo, or figure out how/when to book a few more Marriott nights.
Remember, the 25 nights/45k points in two steps, and the first step is already at 20 nights/35k points:
To earn up to 45,000 bonus points:

• Register by July 31, 2014
  • Stay between June 1 and August 31, 2014
  • Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus an additional 10,000
    bonus points after 25 paid nights, up to 45,000 bonus points
So you should only need to switch if you don't think you'll even hit 20 nights, and thus if you need the first step of the 20 nights/35k points promo (which I presume is 15 nights?).
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:46 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Remember, the 25 nights/45k points in two steps, and the first step is already at 20 nights/35k points:

So you should only need to switch if you don't think you'll even hit 20 nights, and thus if you need the first step of the 20 nights/35k points promo (which I presume is 15 nights?).
You're right! I should hit 20 nights as soon as my last stay posts.

Thanks for the reminder.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by sdsearch

I switched over to this from the third stay onward for double points.
I have 29 nights at a Residence Inn that will give me the 25 paid nights. With the 45K points, I'll be lifetime Plat.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Second didn't work for me either, and promo page shows me "67% there".

Big disappointment as it was my most expensive stay of the year -- and I slipped in the first one because of others' getting it on the second.
This just happend to me, as well. I planned my second stay to be a big one but now the graphic shows me at 67%, requiring a third stay.

I'm not happy. I feel fooled by MR.

Has anyone started a campaign against this bait and switch tactic? I would like to participate.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Old Hickory
This just happend to me, as well. I planned my second stay to be a big one but now the graphic shows me at 67%, requiring a third stay.

Has anyone started a campaign against this bait and switch tactic? I would like to participate.
I've voiced my disappointment with this promo 4 times already.
Might have gone on deaf ears though.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:49 am
WAS

Originally Posted by Old Hickory

Last week I sent a PM to the Marriott Concierge explaining the situation and some screenshots. I also asked them to look into this thread. So far, no response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.